Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think GOTG will be open by August 2021? What about Tron? (I’m hoping to go to Shanghai September 2021 so I care more about GOTG.) After that, I won’t be able to go for a couple years so I really hope they’re open by then.

Anyone think GOTG will be open by August 2021? What about Tron? (I’m hoping to go to Shanghai September 2021 so I care more about GOTG.) After that, I won’t be able to go for a couple years so I really hope they’re open by then.
It all depends how quickly construction moves and the money they put forth for them.

It’s possible. GOTG was apparently ahead of Tron when the parks closed. But Tron has restarted and no one knows if GOTG has. When the parks closed Jim Hill had GOTG as 9-12 months away.

It seems that GOTG is taking a really long time. They have been working on it for years now. I wonder if the delay is all the rumored high tech stuff. The old UOE building from pics still looks pretty empty.

Yeah. But also they weren't starting with an empty piece of property. Pretty big ride too. It'll get there.

Disney also takes their time with rides to spread out the budget more. It was not intended to open until next year anyhow and it might have gotten a small delay with the pandemic.
As for the old UOE building still seeming empty it will likely be one fo the last areas completed since it is mainly just the queue line and station. The majority of the ride is in the new building.

There’s no rumors. Construction should be done by October, but Disney may wait until next year to open it due to the congestion issues around that area. Has been discussed in depth the past couple of days in the main thread.

Can you send me the link for the main thread

Any time frame for when ratatouille is to open?

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not correct. Construction should be complete by October of 2020. As for when Disney will open it, no one knows.

Guardians? No way thats done by October. If you’re talking about Rat (the OP isnt clear on which ride theyre talking about, it was probably a merged thread) then yes, October it should be complete as far as we know. I dont think it opens until 2021 regardless of when its complete. I cant imagine the ride or the expansion of France is something people drop everything and rush to WDW to be able to get on, but I’m sure there will still be a month + notice from announcement to opening

Guardians? No way thats done by October. If you’re talking about Rat (the OP isnt clear on which ride theyre talking about, it was probably a merged thread) then yes, October it should be complete as far as we know. I dont think it opens until 2021 regardless of when its complete. I cant imagine the ride or the expansion of France is something people drop everything and rush to WDW to be able to get on, but I’m sure there will still be a month + notice from announcement to opening
Its Rat. The OP posted a separate thread and I merged it here.

I don't think you are in the minority. However, I went to Epcot within the first 2 years it was opened, and it still pales today in comparison to that. I love it; it's my favorite park. However, it started moving away from it's original intent a while ago:(

not to sound harsh but we all know EPCOT’s original intent was to make lots of money.
Guardians will drive attendance so I think it fits perfectly with EPCOT’s original intent.

Walt Disney was quite rich. So is Iger. The intent is the same in 2020 as it was in 1960.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter