Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

We just left Arnold’s doctor appt. The Doctor said it is cancer. On June 4th we will go to hospital for a Bronchscopa.
If not in his lipnokes (spell.), then most likely radiation only. We will know where we stand going forward on June 4th. Wish we could be with y’all.

Well last minute prep and off to bed, first leg of the trip to the Gulf tomorrow.

Safe Travels everyone and see you all !!!

We just left Arnold’s doctor appt. The Doctor said it is cancer. On June 4th we will go to hospital for a Bronchscopa.
If not in his lipnokes (spell.), then most likely radiation only. We will know where we stand going forward on June 4th. Wish we could be with y’all.

The bronchoscopy will get the biopsy for the confirmation and classification. It's the lymph nodes that they will check to see if any spread. Typically if they are negative then chemotherapy is not needed.

Let the man know I send my encouragement and the prayers continue. I'll miss him this year.

Thoughts and prayers for both of you.

@FtW Mike, very sorry to hear about your Mom.

@friendofeeyore Tell Grumpy Aggie we're hoping for the best.

Thoughts and prayers for the both of you.

Safe travels to all going to GSP. Waiting to follow along.

After talking with @Teamubr at last years Midwest Dismeet, DD graduates college this year and DW says were are definitely in for 2020 (Episode 5)

Thanks for letting us know, Gloria. Arnold (and you) will remain in our prayers.

Ed

Here is a photo of my cleaned FW camper rug. This is the same one tigger92662 found framed on one of his estate sale outings. Mine is a working rug. But it is a little cleaner since I put some elbow grease into it.

Ed

We just left Arnold’s doctor appt. The Doctor said it is cancer.
Gloria,

We wish you could be here too, but taking care of Arnold is more important. It sounds like you are hooked up with a good doctor and hospital. Hopefully this is just another bump in the road and we'll see you and Arnold at next year's DIS Meet.

j

First of all Gloria we are all praying for Arnold that he gets the best care and fully recovers with minimal treatments. The tests I mentioned I had done last week were the similar to his. Not sure what I shared before but last year they found lymphoma in my lower back. Did a biopsy and kyphoplasty then followed with 22 rounds of radiation. Now about 3 months after being cleared they think the same thing is starting in my neck but the PET scans was negative. After this camping trip I'm looking at basically the same things all over again. Surgery and maybe radiation again. I'm seriously considering targeted chemo to be sure it's all gone if this is another lymphoma.

Now to whine. Today was no where near as productive as it should have been. I overslept and got a minimal amount of things done. This afternoon I had a meeting with my daughters case workers. Tomorrow I will be up at dawn trying to get it done and take the camper to check in. It appears now it will spend the night without me. My project manger called today and said they approved overtime I suggested last week for the robot project. So now I'm obliged to go in at least one day this week and maybe one next week. I need to work with the lead shift so we can all be on the same page and we are falling behind. I will be back to the camper Thursday evening before too late and hopefully be able to move to site 8 early Friday morning.

I hope everyone has a safe trip down and we look forward to seeing everyone again. If anyone needs any kind of help please let me know. See y 'all soon, Joe

P.S. I did get the Kungaloosh ingredients today.

Joe,

Here's to hoping everything goes well with the lymphoma. We'll see you Friday afternoon. I'm interested to hear about your AGV program.

j

Last edited:
The excitement is starting to sink in. This week has been crazy.

Yesterday afternoon/evening, big storms rolled through. No damage around me but warnings everywhere. In the midst of all that, I had papers to grade, work emails to address AND the Blues hockey game was on. (We are going to the Stanley Cup round!) Today is an 11 hour day at work (6am-5pm) full of meetings. I am coming in for some morning meetings tomorrow, but plan on hitting the road by 2. I still have to get groceries (I do have 100 toasted ravioli already), check the air in all 10 tires and wash clothes and pack my stuff in the camper.

I'm tired already. I think I need a week on the beach.

j

Hey Everyone - just a reminder to post pics on this thread! I'll be following along from our campground in WI, and want to enjoy the fund vicariously! Travel safe all, and have a great time!

Wow Joe. You've got a lot going on. Prayers for you too. ED

Was just sitting here in an on-line work training video class and the Gulf State Park on-line tool has changed its booking window. It appears as if Memorial Day weekend 2020 is showing full. I can get some vacancies starting on the Tuesday after.

Did anyone else notice this change? It shows booking possible to June 3rd, 2020 which is about a year and two weeks from today. Maybe that's the new rule?

ED

Was just sitting here in an on-line work training video class and the Gulf State Park on-line tool has changed its booking window. It appears as if Memorial Day weekend 2020 is showing full. I can get some vacancies starting on the Tuesday after.

Did anyone else notice this change? It shows booking possible to June 3rd, 2020 which is about a year and two weeks from today. Maybe that's the new rule?

ED

I know previously I was able to book online up to 2 years out. In fact, this Memorial Day trip, I actually booked online during my 2017 stay. The girl at the desk at GSP told me it had been that way for about 6 months at that time, but they really weren't supposed to tell people about it.

Today is horrible, as I figured for my last day in clinic before vacation. Busy as all get out, prescriptions to be signed like crazy, all the patients are showing up and several wanting walk-ins. Plus, I've been told they are moving my clinic while I am on vacation, so I need to pack up everything in my office this afternoon when I'm done. I at least will be moving back to an office with a window which will be great.

The girls are done with school, so as soon as DW gets home tomorrow I am on the road.

ED

So Ed, you’re saying we should go ahead and book anything we can find for next year’s meet?

So Ed, you’re saying we should go ahead and book anything we can find for next year’s meet?

Yes, it's not going to get better. I've said over on the main Camping Board in the past to book early because better to 'have it and not need it' rather than 'want it and can't get it'.

Well I am finally rolling South. My cell phone won't log into the Dis so no pics until I sort that out. Dropping the camper at the site and after a brief set up I do indeed have to return home tonight. Will work 6-4 tomorrow and then load the grill and outdoor stuff and return to the campgrounds for good. I Hope...……….

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!