Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

Orange Beach Mayor Tony Kennon doubles down: OB will be family friendly!
Definitely sounds like he is sending a clear message to a certain group.

You can use any lane with any of our RV vehicles to get your gas,diesel. Also can fill up that liquid you need for driving a diesel truck. Not sure what it is called.
The lovely fluid we get to add is DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) in the US. Europe has required it for much longer. It is called Urea there for the primary chemical in it. The same chemical that gives urine its name.

Good to know all pumps will accommodate us RVers. The Buckies on I-10 should be right when I need to stop for fuel. Google says it is 700-750 miles. Even at 8 mpg, I can make that.

j

Okay as promised I finally had a reason to travel east yesterday so I stopped at Bucees for lunch and gas. The food prices are a little high but everything is made fresh and taste great. My chopped brisket sandwich was 5.99 (it's huge) and fried chips were 1.25 With a coke my lunch was just under 10 dollars. The fuel prices are very competitive and match what I pay near home. Hopefully the lawsuit won't change this. Below I will post a picture of the current prices.

Last edited:
As you approach the Beach Express exit the Bucees sign is strategically placed to lure you in.Bucee1.jpg

Last edited:
The pumps are openly spaced and accommodate large RVs.Bucee3.jpg

Plenty of room to maneuver around by the pumps. They also have def on some islands on the far end but not all. Based on a signs I saw and what was at the pump I used.

Bucee4.jpg

Last edited:
As you can see it's already a popular stop with the camping crowd. Sorry but on this trip I didn't take pictures inside. Just didn't want to look weird. But I can attest that it is the Taj Mahal of truck stops for cars.

Bucee2.jpg

Last edited:

For my semi driving friends they do have small signs at the entrance that have a picture of a semi with a line across it. Guess time will tell if they kept that policy strict or handle it on a case by case basis. Personally I don't see a big deal as long as it is a non commercial truck.

For my semi driving friends they do have small signs at the entrance that have a picture of a semi with a line across it. Guess time will tell if they kept that policy strict or handle it on a case by case basis. Personally I don't see a big deal as long as it is a non commercial truck.

Just had a fellow HDT stop there the other day to fuel up. A young kid came out to tell him, he could not fuel there. He told the kid, I need to speak with your manager. After a conversation about the truck being for personal use, he fueled up and was on his way.
Let's see, it says GS is just over 1000 miles, 234 gallons on board at 10 mpg... I'll just fuel up wherever is cheapest.

From the looks of the dirt/sand at the corner, you're not the first one to used the edge of the site.

j

A park ranger accused him of breaking some water pipes under the road. Blamed his Peterbilt. Randy, being the quick witted individual, pointed out to the ranger that his Peterbilt weighed about 18,000# meanwhile the Class A diesel pusher beside him weighed around 24,000#. Was he going to blame them too...

A park ranger accused him of breaking some water pipes under the road. Blamed his Peterbilt. Randy, being the quick witted individual, pointed out to the ranger that his Peterbilt weighed about 18,000# meanwhile the Class A diesel pusher beside him weighed around 24,000#. Was he going to blame them too...
Some of those DP's are close to or over 40K in weight. Nearly 2 to 3 times what our cabs weigh.

Ranger said that they had just replaced the water lines underneath the road and for that site, I told him what Michael said above but I also told him if they have put the pipe down deep enough as they should have there shouldn't be a problem.

Some of those DP's are close to or over 40K in weight. Nearly 2 to 3 times what our cabs weigh.
The dream coach I am hooked on now has a GVWR of 32k and a gross combined of 42k. I thought my current combined of 23k was heavy.

Ranger said that they had just replaced the water lines underneath the road and for that site, I told him what Michael said above but I also told him if they have put the pipe down deep enough as they should have there shouldn't be a problem.
It's buried 'just' deep enough. What's the frost line down there? 2-3 inches? :D

I think code here is 24 inches.

j

Yeah Jim its probably 2 to 3 inches in a state park that has work release inmates doing the work. Its 12 inches here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!