Hagrid's Magical Creatures ride and express pass

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
Is there any talk out there whether or not Hagrid's Magical Creatures ride will have the express pass? WE have an upcoming trip and this would be a nice perk. We are planning to spend a night at RPR to get the express pass for 2 days and, if this ride is included, that would truly be a bonus!

No word as of yet.

Speculation is that it will not have it at first, but will eventually get it. How long that will take is unknown. Some are guessing a LONG time like the previous Potter rides. Others are speculating within a few months (like with more recent attractions like Kong getting is relatively sooner after it first opened).

But in the end, Universal hasn't said anything and all of the insiders I follow say they have no clue yet.

No word as of yet.

Speculation is that it will not have it at first, but will eventually get it. How long that will take is unknown. Some are guessing a LONG time like the previous Potter rides. Others are speculating within a few months (like with more recent attractions like Kong getting is relatively sooner after it first opened).

But in the end, Universal hasn't said anything and all of the insiders I follow say they have no clue yet.
Thanks for your input. We are travelling in August so I doubt we will have the advantage of express pass by then.

With Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening later this year at WDW, who knows. Maybe they'll have express open to entice some locals to visit USO and wait on WDW. Just a thought, I have no information at all to support that theory.

With Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening later this year at WDW, who knows. Maybe they'll have express open to entice some locals to visit USO and wait on WDW. Just a thought, I have no information at all to support that theory.
At least you are honest......:rotfl2::rotfl2:
But I hope you are right. It's as good a theory as any!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for either a single riders line, or IOA doing early admission in October.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/w...ource=A000179994.000003817&IndivKey=219248910

I thought it was supposed to be family-friendly? Only other free fall vertical drop attraction of this sort that comes to mind is demon drop at cedar point, that moved (Knotts I believe?) after it had some bad PR with injuries.

Versus the 17 foot mentioned on Hagrid’s, DD had what I’d term a rather intense 60 foot drop not the same sort of motion as more gentle disney’s Tower of terror or by Dr Doom any means IMO.:confused3.

Excited to see the early RL reviews of it though:thumbsup2

1. The first coaster in the U.S. to feature a free-fall vertical drop – dropping you nearly 17 feet

I have a feeling it will not be until deep into fall, or towards the end of the year as the soonest for it to have EP. Not only there is so much intense hype over the ride and the summer, but GE opening is going to increase and bump things even a little more when it comes out, which will happen about a month and a half later. So, I feel the duration of intensity of the long waits will be pretty steady due to all the new openings this summer. Especially since GE is opening at the very end of August and Sept is traditionally a slower month. Which is definitely not going to be the case at Disney.

Bummer that there won't be early entry in June. I'm wondering what the best strategy will be to ride it (we'll be there June 20-22). Perhaps we'll be best waiting until nighttime to ride it?

https://blog.universalorlando.com/w...ource=A000179994.000003817&IndivKey=219248910

I thought it was supposed to be family-friendly? Only other free fall vertical drop attraction of this sort that comes to mind is demon drop at cedar point, that moved (Knotts I believe?) after it had some bad PR with injuries.

Versus the 17 foot mentioned on Hagrid’s, DD had what I’d term a rather intense 60 foot drop not the same sort of motion as more gentle disney’s Tower of terror or by Dr Doom any means IMO.:confused3.

Excited to see the early RL reviews of it though:thumbsup2

1. The first coaster in the U.S. to feature a free-fall vertical drop – dropping you nearly 17 feet
I know my husband will enjoy this and while I'm super excited for it I'm going to have to wait for a ride POV video because of some of the elements of the ride.

It took years for HP to be included in EP but now that they have them I'm not sure they will wait quite that long to add it to Hagrids. Single Rider Line should for sure help though for some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!