Hagrid's Magical Creatures ride and express pass

It took years for HP to be included in EP but now that they have them I'm not sure they will wait quite that long to add it to Hagrids. Single Rider Line should for sure help though for some people.

It'll only cause congestion and for it to be closed on and off all day. It's been a couple of years since I been to USF. However, when I'd go to Gringott's SR would constantly be closed on and off all day due to too many people using it to their advantage, this is after it being opened for a couple of years. Most of time even when it was open, it was still too long for me to consider using it. If I tried to go to Gringott's at all using SR I'd always go within the first couple of hours of opening. It'll be interesting to see if things changed much when I get a pass this year in the fall.

But yeah, I doubt they'll wait years for EP for Hagrid's since it is just one ride, not a whole park. However, I do not think it's going to be anytime soon. Hagrid's coaster is definitely going to be more of a longer wait and the duration of how long it'll be popular is going to last far more than Kong.

I thought it was supposed to be family-friendly? Only other free fall vertical drop attraction of this sort that comes to mind is demon drop at cedar point, that moved (Knotts I believe?) after it had some bad PR with injuries.

Versus the 17 foot mentioned on Hagrid’s, DD had what I’d term a rather intense 60 foot drop not the same sort of motion as more gentle disney’s Tower of terror or by Dr Doom any means IMO.:confused3.

I think (hope) it will be like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. That coaster also has a free fall vertical drop (according to Wikipedia its 18ft). That’s one of my favorite coasters there because the drop is so much fun!

It'll only cause congestion and for it to be closed on and off all day. It's been a couple of years since I been to USF. However, when I'd go to Gringott's SR would constantly be closed on and off all day due to too many people using it to their advantage, this is after it being opened for a couple of years. Most of time even when it was open, it was still too long for me to consider using it. If I tried to go to Gringott's at all using SR I'd always go within the first couple of hours of opening. It'll be interesting to see if things changed much when I get a pass this year in the fall.

But yeah, I doubt they'll wait years for EP for Hagrid's since it is just one ride, not a whole park. However, I do not think it's going to be anytime soon. Hagrid's coaster is definitely going to be more of a longer wait and the duration of how long it'll be popular is going to last far more than Kong.
Yeah it can be very dependent on when you go--sometimes Single Rider Line works great and sometimes the park is too busy OR the timing of it there's a flood of people.

To your point though initially Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom was going to have a single rider line but they never opened it and I don't believe they have any plans to at the moment. I know over at Disney's Hollywood Studios Rock N' Rollercoaster the Single Rider Line consistently seems to be the same wait time or sometimes longer than normal standby.

Agreed on the Kong part. I actually don't think there's even a comparison lol. I do think there will be people, even my husband who I think will really like this new ride, that will miss greatly the Dragon Challenge (even moreso when it was Dueling) but they'll probably still give it a chance if they rode Dragon Challenge.

We are going in August and I sure hope at park open on weekday tuesday after alot of florida schools have gone back we can manage the line reasonable because this is a case where rider swap at Universal studios sucks since we will have 3 kids that can't ride and we both want to ride it once as our passes expire two days later...LOL

We are going in August and I sure hope at park open on weekday tuesday after alot of florida schools have gone back we can manage the line reasonable because this is a case where rider swap at Universal studios sucks since we will have 3 kids that can't ride and we both want to ride it once as our passes expire two days later...LOL

I'd say wait until the last minute right before closing and when everyone is watching the shows, or most of the people are out of the park, since that's usually the trick I use on a lot of popular rides, especially when I did FoP at AK. However, since you have children, the best case scenario would be getting there for EE, or if you don't have that ability, get there still well before the official park opening so when the gates open you're one of the first (at least the regulars). You'll have to wait a lot, but probably a lot less if you waited til any other moment during the day.

I'd say wait until the last minute right before closing and when everyone is watching the shows, or most of the people are out of the park, since that's usually the trick I use on a lot of popular rides, especially when I did FoP at AK. However, since you have children, the best case scenario would be getting there for EE, or if you don't have that ability, get there still well before the official park opening so when the gates open you're one of the first (at least the regulars). You'll have to wait a lot, but probably a lot less if you waited til any other moment during the day.

Thank you ! We are coming over from Disney so could try the night idea or first thing in morning. Will have to see how things play out once it opens. It will at least be good its not a sat ...lol

Thank you ! We are coming over from Disney so could try the night idea or first thing in morning. Will have to see how things play out once it opens. It will at least be good its not a sat ...lol

I'd never recommend Disney for when they first open in order to get to something, that much I will say. So, the night route for Disney is a must. Everyone is an animal when it comes to their opening. You can be first in line, but the minute they let people in, all the other people who were first in their line and beyond will start running and plowing through people to get to the one thing everyone is wanting to get on. Where as Universal is far more civilized generally when it comes to first thing in the morning with opening and most of the time has less people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter