Hagrids - No Virtual Line

dreynolds1982

Mouseketeer
Read online that UO went standby only with Hagrids today. Just checked the wait times at 3 p.m. and was only 30 mins, which seems pretty reasonable. Anyone at the parks today experience the standby? Was kinda psyched for the virtual option for our upcoming trip since I'm not too thrilled about waiting in a crazy long line, but maybe crowds are low enough to keep it in check.

I'm curious, too. I think they're trying to clear up the train wreck that is the intersection where they were checking virtual queue passes and people were trying to get to/from the Hogwarts Express. It was always bottlenecked there and impossible to distance. Every time we rode it was a walk-on (except once when someone took off their mask) but it would take 15 minutes or so to get through the queue. It was so easy to get a VQ time for it that it may be overkill. The only downside to eliminating virtual queue is I *really* liked getting a ride time from our hotel room in the morning.

From reports i've read here or seen on youtube it sounds like attendance is down greatly that i'm not sure virtual queue is necessary at all for any attractions.

So crowds were very busy today (8/8) and Hagrids was back to a virtual line. Lots of rides over 60 minutes today, I haven't seen it like this since reopen.

Were you in the parks? If so did you feel safe? I heard that the crowds were related to the ticket deal they released for FL residents and/or because schools are starting back. There were crowd pictures posted in some of the UO passholder FB groups but it's tough to tell how things truly were because it only shows one point in time.

So crowds were very busy today (8/8) and Hagrids was back to a virtual line. Lots of rides over 60 minutes today, I haven't seen it like this since reopen.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the parks get slightly busier with people trying to take advantage before schools start up again. Also, Saturday 🤷🏼‍♀️ But how does it compare to a “normal” summer attendance day?

We're going tomorrow. Hoping that the fact that it's a weekday tempers the crowds some. Still I'm sure it's nothing compared to a regular summer day.

Here now and unable to get virtual pass all day.

Feels fairly busy but easy to avoid crowds. Hoping tomorrow is quieter though and able to get DD on hagrid's : ).

In UO property we feel safe. Glad we moved on property this am. People at DoubleTree last night lots of mask noncompliance. Like t-shirt over face or none.multiple instances .

TM at Uni are awesome and protocols very happy with.

Now would be perfect if we could try hagrids! Lol

Here now and unable to get virtual pass all day.

Feels fairly busy but easy to avoid crowds. Hoping tomorrow is quieter though and able to get DD on hagrid's : ).

In UO property we feel safe. Glad we moved on property this am. People at DoubleTree last night lots of mask noncompliance. Like t-shirt over face or none.multiple instances .

TM at Uni are awesome and protocols very happy with.

Now would be perfect if we could try hagrids! Lol
Disappointing about the virtual pass. Kinda hoping they go back to standby line tomorrow or I can grab one from our hotel in the morning. We're kinda doing the same, staying at the Hilton garden just outside property tonight, then RPR tomorrow.

If they’re on virtual queue can you still get in a standby line? We are here today and it went virtual queue and everything is gone

If they’re on virtual queue can you still get in a standby line? We are here today and it went virtual queue and everything is gone
In the app, unless it says virtual and standby, then it's virtual only. I'd keep checking throughout the day tho as people have said in the past when it was virtual only that they released some times throughout the day, even later in the afternoon.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!! I'll be trying too :)
Today we never did ride, it posted 75 min all afternoon and/or VQ only with no VQ avail from 10 am on everytime we checked, which was frequent.
Based on crowds, I think it might have been 75 and DD13 had no interest in waiting with it so busy. By 4:30-5 pm time at 60 min and guessing it was inflated, but a storm was coming.

Harry Potter lands felt pretty crowded. Not normal crowded prob (we've only visited once and that was Christmas week)
We didn't spent a whole lot of time in either one today.

Here's hoping Monday doesn't look like Sunday!

At opening today it was a 20 minute wait and increased to 60 minutes by 1025ish at that time we happened to refresh just as the virtual queue popped up and was able to grab 2 times (one on my DH account and 1 on mine) 2nd time riding at 1230 it went down while we were on the ride and we got a pass to comeback. When it came back up it went back to regular line, didn't ever see it below 60 minutes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter