Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Our day started VERY early! Our flight was at 6am so we were all up around 2am to get ourselves ready. Even though it was an ungodly hour, we were all in great spirits and just excited to finally be leaving for Disney after months of counting down!

I hate getting up early on regular days, but it's amazing how much easier it is when you know you're getting up for Disney :rotfl:

38536983562_51612bc0f0_z.jpg

I love this!! They really got in the holiday spirit!

We were wasting no time! Luckily we didn't have to wait for a bus, and exactly an hour after we crossed under the Disney World sign, we were driving under yet another magical sign.

You guys were moving fast and had great luck with timing!

Aww, these are great!

I had never seen this show in its entirety and I really loved it!

Same! I'd never watched it until October, either. In May it was cancelled due to technical difficulties and the characters just came out and paraded around. I really liked the show and would take the time to see it again!

You and your mom both look great in the purple wall pics! Hard to believe you just flew to Florida!

Thank you! It was hard to believe for us too, so surreal!

I hate getting up early on regular days, but it's amazing how much easier it is when you know you're getting up for Disney :rotfl:

I love this!! They really got in the holiday spirit!

You guys were moving fast and had great luck with timing!

Aww, these are great!

Same! I'd never watched it until October, either. In May it was cancelled due to technical difficulties and the characters just came out and paraded around. I really liked the show and would take the time to see it again!

Oh yes 100%!

It was a nice surprise to see the terminal so festive!

It was definitely all luck that morning!

Thank you :)

It's such a cute and entertaining show!

This is my favorite picture!

Looks like it was a perfect fall day. I like how you got a classic Main Street snack right at the beginning of your trip.

Thank you so much :)

It really was perfect! Warm but not too hot at all.

Day 1, October 21, 2017 - Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow

I forgot to include that we stopped for some PP in front of the castle! The photographer was really fun here!

We had been in the park for a bit now and we still hadn't been on any rides! Dad had been requesting to go on something special, so we headed over to Tomorrowland to do that.

Where were we heading? The Peoplemover of course! I knew the park was crowded when we had to wait in the extended queue to get on. The line was long but luckily moved fast..until we actually got up to the boarding area. That's when we witnessed a meltdown of epic proportions. A young girl, maybe between 10-12 years old, was hysterical crying and did not want to go on the ride. As the moving walkway was moving, her mom was literally trying to PUSH her on to the ride. The girl refused and like ran off to the side. Part of her family went on and I think the mom walked away with her. But all the commotion forced the CMs I think to stop the ride for a few minutes, so we had to wait until that got sorted. No idea what the situation was, but I don't think there's ever a case where you should be pushing your child onto a ride.

But eventually we did make it on, and it was the perfect first ride of the trip!

Mom in her most common state :goodvibes

After that we headed out of Tomorrowland and of course stopped for some more PP!

We started to make our way towards Frontierland, with a pit stop in Adventureland for some dole whips! Now it wasn't even that hot but these things were melting FAST. I couldn't even get a picture because I was so busy trying to eat it as fast as I could! They really need to give these to you in bigger cups so everything doesn't drip down the sides!

Once we were done we headed over to BTMRR to use our first FP of the day and it was of course a fun time!

When we got off, we strolled along to Liberty Square and saw The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History was just starting so we stayed to watch that. We got the Declaration of Independence one!

Up next...We reach Fantasyland!

Where were we heading? The Peoplemover of course! I knew the park was crowded when we had to wait in the extended queue to get on. The line was long but luckily moved fast..until we actually got up to the boarding area. That's when we witnessed a meltdown of epic proportions. A young girl, maybe between 10-12 years old, was hysterical crying and did not want to go on the ride. As the moving walkway was moving, her mom was literally trying to PUSH her on to the ride. The girl refused and like ran off to the side. Part of her family went on and I think the mom walked away with her. But all the commotion forced the CMs I think to stop the ride for a few minutes, so we had to wait until that got sorted. No idea what the situation was, but I don't think there's ever a case where you should be pushing your child onto a ride.
I always think it is horrible when someone forces their kid onto a ride! We were on a Pirates time and there was a little kid just screaming in the back that he didn't want to go and tried to jump out of the boat when it was already in the lagoon! He was just hysterical but it seems he must have gotten so upset he passed out after the drops.

Then I was with my boss and her daughter who was just tall enough for Tower of Terror (at DCA). We tried to convince her to go on but she was panicking so my boss took the chicken exit. It worked out well because then she trusted us for Soarin' and loved it!

Wow, that Peoplemover story sounds kind of scary! Those moving platforms aren't something to mess around with.

I love the cauldron picture! I hope they have that magic shot again next year.

Muppets is high on my priority list for January, I haven't seen any of those shows yet.

Where were we heading? The Peoplemover of course! I knew the park was crowded when we had to wait in the extended queue to get on.

Of course! Good choice! But wow, what a line! You know the park is busy when...

As the moving walkway was moving, her mom was literally trying to PUSH her on to the ride. The girl refused and like ran off to the side. Part of her family went on and I think the mom walked away with her. But all the commotion forced the CMs I think to stop the ride for a few minutes, so we had to wait until that got sorted. No idea what the situation was, but I don't think there's ever a case where you should be pushing your child onto a ride.

Uh oh! This is upsetting! Glad they resolved things. I wouldn't want to have to be a cast member in situations like that, and I'm sure these things happen all the time.

This picture of the three of you turned out great! As did all your castle PP pictures!

I LOVE this one! So cute!

I knew the park was crowded when we had to wait in the extended queue to get on

Oh my gosh, I hate when they set up the extended queue. It was like this quite often when we were there the week before you. It always catches me off guard.
What a weird situation with that young girl! Part of me feels really bad for her, and the other part of me wants to just tell her it's basically a slowly moving sofa! Frustrating for everyone - the kid, the mom, the CMs, and other guests. I hope she had a better day afterward :sad1:

This is a great capture!!

I kept trying to look at your shoes in the pictures. They look similar to a pair I got at Target a couple of years ago with little ear hats on them. I got them and then sprayed them with scotch guard so I wouldn't get them dirty, and the scotch guard made the red parts bleed all over the shoes, basically ruining them. I've only ever worn them once b/c they were a mess after I sprayed them. I was so sad.

PM is a great first ride, one of my faves. Sorry about the drama before the ride. It seems odd a girl that age would be freaking out but you never know.

I always think it is horrible when someone forces their kid onto a ride! We were on a Pirates time and there was a little kid just screaming in the back that he didn't want to go and tried to jump out of the boat when it was already in the lagoon! He was just hysterical but it seems he must have gotten so upset he passed out after the drops.

Then I was with my boss and her daughter who was just tall enough for Tower of Terror (at DCA). We tried to convince her to go on but she was panicking so my boss took the chicken exit. It worked out well because then she trusted us for Soarin' and loved it!

It is very horrible! I am not sure what the circumstances were surrounding the incident, but it made us all a little uneasy!

Wow, that Peoplemover story sounds kind of scary! Those moving platforms aren't something to mess around with.

I love the cauldron picture! I hope they have that magic shot again next year.

Muppets is high on my priority list for January, I haven't seen any of those shows yet.

Definitely not! It was a crazy situation.

Thanks, I like that magic shot too!

You will enjoy the Muppets show! Very entertaining!

Ugh the dreaded extended queue!

Fav view!

My first time experiencing it! I guess I have been spoiled :rotfl:

The Peoplemover has the best views!

Of course! Good choice! But wow, what a line! You know the park is busy when...

Uh oh! This is upsetting! Glad they resolved things. I wouldn't want to have to be a cast member in situations like that, and I'm sure these things happen all the time.

This picture of the three of you turned out great! As did all your castle PP pictures!

That was definitely the indicator for me that the park was crowded! Luckily this was more of a chill day for us so it didn't affect us.

I am sure it is very tough to be a CM and have to handle these things!

Thank you :)

I LOVE this one! So cute!

Oh my gosh, I hate when they set up the extended queue. It was like this quite often when we were there the week before you. It always catches me off guard.
What a weird situation with that young girl! Part of me feels really bad for her, and the other part of me wants to just tell her it's basically a slowly moving sofa! Frustrating for everyone - the kid, the mom, the CMs, and other guests. I hope she had a better day afterward :sad1:

This is a great capture!!

I kept trying to look at your shoes in the pictures. They look similar to a pair I got at Target a couple of years ago with little ear hats on them. I got them and then sprayed them with scotch guard so I wouldn't get them dirty, and the scotch guard made the red parts bleed all over the shoes, basically ruining them. I've only ever worn them once b/c they were a mess after I sprayed them. I was so sad.

Thank you!

It was my first time experiencing the extended queue, definitely different for me! It was such a weird situation and it was hard to tell if the girl was just being dramatic/a brat or if maybe something was wrong with her. Very unsettling to see!

Yes they are the same ones! I'm sorry yours got ruined :( The red dye on these sneakers are no joke. The red inside soles stain the crap out of my socks!!

PM is a great first ride, one of my faves. Sorry about the drama before the ride. It seems odd a girl that age would be freaking out but you never know.

I'm so glad that was our first ride, such a family favorite! It was odd, I'm not sure if maybe something may have been wrong with her. Who knows, but I'm glad it was resolved fairly quickly.

Perfect title for this update - PM is one my my MOST favorite Disney rides!!! It just is the epitome of Disney :goodvibes

As always, your PP pictures are so awesome! You got some really great magic shots, too! :thumbsup2

Thank you! And you're right, it just screams classic Disney!

Thanks! :)

Well, that's a little more excitement on the PeopleMover than you bargained for! But good choice for a first MK ride.
And then Big Thunder...yay!! Very good Fastpass choice. :rotfl:

Day 1, October 21, 2017 - Fantasyland!

After seeing the Muppets we kept walking and passed the Tangled area before heading into Fantasyland! At some point we used our FP for Peter Pan as well.

After that, we had one final FP to use for SDMT but the ride was down! :( We decided to walk around New Fantasyland a little bit in hopes or it opening back up.

When we got back over to SDMT, we saw it was open! The FP line was backed up but it moved pretty fast. My parents absolutely love this ride and it makes me happy knowing they have such a good time!

Up next...We finish up our first day!

I'm here!!! Benefit of borrowing a computer, I can read/reply to things on the dis better!!

Looks lik a pretty awesome first day so far!!

UGH, I WISH I LIVED CLOSE enough to get there that early!! I have to red eye for that kind of commitment lol! (though red eyes are always nice cause you can get an extra park day without paying for an extra night in the hotel!)

YAS to people mover (duh) and dole whips!! they REALLY DO NEED BIGGER CUPS! I've had them melt literally ALL over me before, no bueno!

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts