Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is just a load of speculation and BS. One unnamed source who may not even work for Disney or the Government, may just decide to say this for the sole purpose of creating more negative attention for the president. I may even agree this is #FakeNews
The Hill is not fake news. I know people who work for them. They are extremely ethical, professional people.

Yeah this is just a load of speculation and BS. One unnamed source who may not even work for Disney or the Government, may just decide to say this for the sole purpose of creating more negative attention for the president. I may even agree this is #FakeNews

Until I hear an official Statement from Disney or the WH I take it with a fine grain of salt.

Edit: Well it does seem that Vice report was NOT accurate. So The Hill did get the scoop

And Disney went out of their way to say the Vice report was not accurate so they want this to go as smoothly as possible it seems.

Last edited:

Until I hear an official Statement from Disney or the WH I take it with a fine grain of salt.

Edit: Well it does seem that Vice report was NOT accurate. So The Hill did get the scoop

And Disney went out of their way to say the Vice report was not accurate so they want this to go as smoothly as possible it seems.

So if it agrees with you, not fake. If it doesn't agree with you, fake.

Disney PR will never never throw the President under the bus. So there will never be an official statement about the cause of delay from Disney. BTW, just because an article uses an unnamed source doesn't mean they don't know who it is, and verified the information. That being said I don't know that I trust the vice article, but it seems fairly probable, especially next to "everything is going great, just look the other way while we slip the date 6 months."

Here is the FIRST Disney official statement.

Disney Parks ‏Verified account @DisneyParks
1:49 PM - 27 Jun 2017

DDWw79-VwAAh37m.jpg

It is very PR correct. "Inaccurate" is an interesting choice of words. If there were no issues this would be opening this week. There are obviously issues. They can throw it any way they want doesn't change the fact that there is a huge issue vs any of the past 3 Presidents.

We all will believe what we want to believe and Disney will do anything it can to avoid a PR nightmare. And Disney will never tell us the truth in any official capacity.

Last edited:
We all will believe what we want to believe and Disney will anything it can to avoid a PR nightmare. And Disney will never tell us the truth in any official capacity.

This is the best statement on this entire thread.

No use in use all bickering. We all have different opinions and will believe whatever we want. But Disney will NEVER tell us the real story.

Fun fact - when a journalism article (including ones in the entertainment and theme park industry) uses the term "unnamed sources", it's not that the reporter doesn't know who the source is and just got the quote in a white envelope stuffed under the tire of their vehicle in a dark parking garage.

Unnamed sources are generally people who work in or with the company/group/person/etc. with which the story is covering. In exchange for their information (which can be leaked or put out knowingly to test an idea), reporters will often allow the term "unnamed sources" to be used to protect identities and establish a sense of trust. They are still vetted and verified to the best of the reporter's abilities (Including their affiliation to whatever the story is), same as any publicly named source.

So the next time unnamed sources are saying Disney is putting a roller coaster in the Tree of Life, they're slightly above the reputability of the bus driver who's sharing inside information.

Here is the FIRST Disney official statement.

Disney Parks ‏Verified account @DisneyParks
1:49 PM - 27 Jun 2017

DDWw79-VwAAh37m.jpg

It is very PR correct. "Inaccurate" is an interesting choice of words. If there were no issues this would be opening this week. There are obviously issues. They can throw it any way they want doesn't change the fact that there is a huge issue vs any of the past 3 Presidents.

We all will believe what we want to believe and Disney will do anything it can to avoid a PR nightmare. And Disney will never tell us the truth in any official capacity.

I love that they put in "repeatedly stated" when, as of less than a week ago, Disney was standing by the original set date. But sure, you've told us.

Fun fact - when a journalism article (including ones in the entertainment and theme park industry) use the term "unnamed sources", it's not that the reporter doesn't know who the source is and just got the quote in a white envelope. Unnamed sources are generally people who work in or with the company/group/person/etc. with which the story is covering. In exchange for their information (which can be leaked or put out knowingly), reporters will often allow the term "unnamed sources" to be used to protect identities and establish a sense of trust. They are still vetted and verified to the best of the reporter's abilities, same as any source.

So the next time unnamed sources are saying Disney is putting a roller coaster in the Tree of Life, they're slightly above the reputability of the bus driver who's sharing inside information.

I love that they put in "repeatedly stated" when, as of less than a week ago, Disney was standing by the original set date. But sure, you've told us.

Yeah, rumblings are the "unnamed source" is an imagineer working on the project. True or not, I could see them doing this to push this project to get done one way or another. Obviously with a new opening date 6 mos late, there is a problem. NO ONE wants to be the folks working on another ROL nightmare.

Yes, the whole announcement was weird, including their belief they announced this repeatedly. Hmm, guess that got lost in translation.

On twitter they usually have a good read even when it pops on mobile, this was a link only. The announcement is very carefully worded and the use of "inaccurate" only means the article didn't have all the info correct ... and that is likely that a session has been scheduled was left out ............ but it won't open until end of year? :confused3 Pretty sure there was already an appointment that came and went so nothing they announced was nothing more than CYA. Disney is putting it out there that they plan for him to speak, they scheduled an appointment. If things don't go well, they can say it wasn't them and move on.

Yeah, rumblings are the "unnamed source" is an imagineer working on the project. True or not, I could see them doing this to push this project to get done one way or another. Obviously with a new opening date 6 mos late, there is a problem. NO ONE wants to be the folks working on another ROL nightmare.

An imagineer or someone working on the project is most likely, though I'm not sure I agree with it being done to push the project one way or another.

An imagineer or someone working on the project is most likely, though I'm not sure I agree with it being done to push the project one way or another.

I don't know why anyone would do that unless they were very frustrated.

I don't know why anyone would do that unless they were very frustrated.

Personal beliefs, accidental leaks (though unlikely in this scenario), a trade of information (Some reporters will relay information they've received from one source in order to get someone out of another), etc. The list would get lengthy if you were to examine the rationale behind sources giving what they know.

And this is not unique to Disney. Corporations, Government, and many if not most, organizations issue press releases or hold press conferences and knowingly and strategically "under-inform, mis-lead, or outright not tell the truth" every day. The public is routinely held in the dark about many, many things. Again, this is not just a Disney thing. Truth and honesty.....is a dying concept.

You and I should meet up for a little debate sometime...you pick the topic :wave:

I could totally see TWDC delaying this due to "technical problems" while the news cycle is particularly volatile.

Remember they try NOT to poke the bear while at the Same time try to guard against any negative PR. There are legions of staff employed mostly just to do that...

We've never been down this path before - I see we have some "business as usual" comments here - but from a political history/theory stance this is new ground.

I think they could be cautious...wait for a lull...open it with speech (undoubtedly trying to sell something)...and then life will go on.

And this is not unique to Disney. Corporations, Government, and many if not most, organizations issue press releases or hold press conferences and knowingly and strategically "under-inform, mis-lead, or outright not tell the truth" every day. The public is routinely held in the dark about many, many things. Again, this is not just a Disney thing. Truth and honesty.....is a dying concept.

Who said it was? :confused3 My comment is more directed to those who believe Disney's every breath, believe that this PR release was the truth and expect they always make decisions in the guests interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter