Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to get something off my chest here...

I am the guest always demanding a price increase on everything. I cannot stay anonymous any longer.

giphy.gif

Here is the FIRST Disney official statement.

It is very PR correct. "Inaccurate" is an interesting choice of words. If there were no issues this would be opening this week. There are obviously issues. They can throw it any way they want doesn't change the fact that there is a huge issue vs any of the past 3 Presidents.

We all will believe what we want to believe and Disney will do anything it can to avoid a PR nightmare. And Disney will never tell us the truth in any official capacity.

Perhaps they're just waiting to see if he gets impeached :rolleyes1

Doubtful. (FYI, I'm commenting only on the suggestion that this is the reason Disney might possibly be waiting. Not commenting on the likelihood of whether or not an impeachment will, or won't happen in real life.)

I posted my hypothesis of why there is a delay on another thread a few weeks ago and I'm going to keep my chips where they are for now:

"The following is pure speculation on my part:

I'm imagining President Trump wanting his voice recording in HOP to include his well-known, 4-word campaign slogan which he copyrighted shortly after the 2012 election. I can also imagine Disney interpreting this as self promotion and not wanting to include elements of a speech that could potentially generate current and/or future revenue for the person(s) that owns the rights to that copyright.

Again just thinking out loud here. Only speculation on my part. I have no evidence of this nor have I ever read anything that would lead me to believe this is actually the case. Just thinking out loud here."

It was to open this week. There is way more to this story than they are selling. It would complicate things.

Doubtful. (FYI, I'm commenting only on the suggestion that this is the reason Disney might possibly be waiting. Not commenting on the likelihood of whether or not an impeachment will, or won't happen in real life.)

I posted my hypothesis of why there is a delay on another thread a few weeks ago and I'm going to keep my chips where they are for now:

"The following is pure speculation on my part:

I'm imagining President Trump wanting his voice recording in HOP to include his well-known, 4-word campaign slogan which he copyrighted shortly after the 2012 election. I can also imagine Disney interpreting this as self promotion and not wanting to include elements of a speech that could potentially generate current and/or future revenue for the person(s) that owns the rights to that copyright.

Again just thinking out loud here. Only speculation on my part. I have no evidence of this nor have I ever read anything that would lead me to believe this is actually the case. Just thinking out loud here."

Exactly what was said in our house tonight.

Looks like they were wrong and spreading a fake story though.

There is no proof of that. Disney made a statement to diffuse the situation. We have no knowledge whatsoever if it was true, particularly since Disney's own last line was "inaccurate."

Based on what, exactly? Disney's vague denouncement?

That statement is Public Relations 101: Defend thy brand against all claims.

:worship:

Ok...there's no such thing as a "fake story"...there are just stories to be listened to and then considered.

Some are likely a representation of fact...others complete garbage that should be laughed down the mental drain.

It's up to the consumer of the story to judge properly.

This idea of "fake" anything is a shield for head in the sand stupidity and needs to be squashed like a bug...too Much damage has already been done.

Based on what, exactly? Disney's vague denouncement?

That statement is Public Relations 101: Defend thy brand against all claims.
Also not that although it said the report was "inaccurate" it didn't actually refute any of the points. It said nothing along the lines of "The White House and Disney are collaborating on script," or "The script has been agreed upon for months but a time to record has not been established due to the President's busy schedule."

Ok...there's no such thing as a "fake story"...there are just stories to be listened to and then considered.

Some are likely a representation of fact...others complete garbage that should be laughed down the mental drain.

It's up to the consumer of the story to judge properly.

This idea of "fake" anything is a shield for head in the sand stupidity and needs to be squashed like a bug...too Much damage has already been done.

I want to copy and paste this to everyone who now purposely misuses the term fake news. Ultimately, like our rumor sources, it's all in how the information is parsed and presented. Fake news for a long time, on either side, was a complete and total misinterpretation of facts for the purpose of deceiving people. Just like these stories, you have to look at the whole thing in context, and the context here isn't great for either side. Who knows what the real story is but one thing remains to be true: TWDC does not want to be the target of a certain someone's twitter rant.

Well folks here is Disney's OFFICIAL reasoning why the delay: The attraction is getting a renovation

"Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/updat...es-responsible-hall-presidents-opening-delay/

So that should end the discussion.

Unless of course we dont believe this statement. LOL

"Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history."

anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

Convenient that this wasn't announced sooner than two days before the original reopening date. But hey, what do I know?

Disney is honestly going to be digging their hole deeper if they continue putting out these statements.

Well folks here is Disney's OFFICIAL reasoning why the delay: The attraction is getting a renovation

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/updat...es-responsible-hall-presidents-opening-delay/

So that should end the discussion.

Unless of course we dont believe this statement. LOL

Not to go too Voltaire or Rousseau here...but isn't this whimsically "convenient" from a PR perspective?

Well played...as usual...by the hoarders of cheese.

That's all we will ever get out of Disney. Everything fine and doing a big renovation.

I doubt any other statement from Disney will come until the attraction re-opens

Hmm, I wonder why it took them 8 months get a recording scheduled...

It looks like they are saying the renovation is the reasoning why the delays

They could of said this earlier though which is odd.

Yeah, this is why I think there is at least some truth to the Vice story. Spending a year to replace some projectors doesn't add up, and waiting until reopening week to slip it 5-6 months doesn't flow either.

anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

Convenient that this wasn't announced sooner than two days before the original reopening date. But hey, what do I know?

Disney is honestly going to be digging their hole deeper if they continue putting out these statements.

Wasn't it. They decided to upgrade the whole show & theater .... over the weekend, so they could put off the opening 6 mos. I think it's a great idea, let's dump lots of money into an attraction that they only fill, partially ... when it's raining.

I do believe we have reached ROL levels of entertainment. :lmao:

Yeah, this is why I think there is at least some truth to the Vice story. Spending a year to replace some projectors doesn't add up, and waiting until reopening week to slip it 5-6 months doesn't flow either.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter