Halloween Decorations

Domo

Wotcha
Halloween is nigh upon us and I was wondering, who is doing what for it? Any cool decorations?

pacchetto_halloween.jpg

Nothing this year. I have two totes full of decorations but didn't get around to putting anything up. Going away tomorrow and won't be back home until November 3.

The only things I put out were some Halloween kitchen towels.

We have some Halloween bric-a-brac, most of it Disney related. There's some stuff out in the front lawn and inside in the dining & living room area. It's mostly for the benefit of our DGDs.

I haven't properly decorated yet but I've bought a cool white pumpkin that lights up. :D Here are a couple of pictures I took of it.
There are also two small pumpkin lanterns and a rubbery skeleton available and those things are my favorites. And of course the pumpkin bucket I'm going to fill with candy, just in case someone ends up trick or treating around here. It isn't really common but last year two girls came by and I didn't have anything to give!

I like Halloween so I decorate inside and out. My bathroom is complexly decorated, from pictures and decorations to linens and shower curtain and mat. The living/dining/kitchen has all Fall removed and replaced with Halloween, from the mantle to pictures on the walls to the window decorations. Candles, plasma skull and Halloween serving pieces.

Outside I have a thunder and lightening machine, a ghost projector, purple icicle lights along with orange pumpkin lights and spider web on the porch. I have a big light up creepy bat, a talking skeleton, a Moving ghoul thing that guard's the porch door, growling as it does, "a doorbell" a hanging ghoul thing that growls on the steps, a Halloween cat and pumpkin by the door.

Of course I added an inflatable outside as well. I have had to cut out the cute stuff and replace with spooky since my girls have told me cute is not "in."

I have more fall-ish/harvest decorations (pumpkins & other gourds, leaves, scarecrows, foxes, & owls) than I do Halloween-specific decorations, but I do have some Halloween decorations that I have displayed in October.

I love flamingos, so I have black Flamingo Skeletons that are outside in our our front yard flower garden.

The table in our foyer is decorated w/ a "Haunted Mansion" theme, & I also have a black wooden "trick or treat" statue w/ 3 black cats on it that stands in a corner in the foyer.

On the kitchen table, w/ the fall tablescape, there are 2 clear glass candleholders, & the candles in the holders are standing in candy corn.

Our fireplace mantel is decorated w/ a Edgar Allen Poe's "Quoth the Raven Nevermore" theme, & I have a burlap candy corn banner that hangs on the front of the mantel. I also have 3 small stuffed black cats on a shelf & 2 larger stuffed black cats on an end table in the family room.

Over the years, my mom has given our kids Halloween-themed stuffed animals, so on the stairs going up to our bedrooms are 5 teddy bears dressed as candy corn & Jack-O-Lanterns.

In the kids' bathroom, I have a framed chalkboard print on the counter by the sink that says, "Wash your hands. Only YOU can prevent the Zombie Apocalypse."

And, finally, I have several Jack-O-Lanterns.

In November, the Jack-O-Lanterns get turned around so they're just plain pumpkins. And all of the Halloween-specific decor gets traded for Thanksgiving-specific decor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter