Halloween displays this year at the fort, will there be a lot?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Come mid-October will there be a lot of campers that will have the Halloween decorations and such on display this year? Do you think it would be enough of them for us to rent a golf cart to tour the area and then eat take out at the Fort? Or will there just not be that much going on this year?

And is the menu that Disney has online of P and Js, is that what they really have now or have they chopped it down?

hard to know on the decorations. There will be some no doubt. I'm there from 10-17 and will decorate but I feel like it won't be on the scale as recent years.

The latest menu I saw appeared up to date.

I won't be there at Halloween, but I will in early December. I'm decorating. IMHO, decorations are something that can be enjoyed from the road and easily while social distancing. I put them up as much for myself as for others. Now, having said that, we do not 'go crazy' and put up a village, walk through display, etc, but we will have lights, a wreath and maybe a blow up. It adds to the magic and there is enough of the blahs in 2020 for me to want to cheer people (and be cheered) up. I see no reason people will not put up their Halloween displays.

And is the menu that Disney has online of P and Js, is that what they really have now or have they chopped it down?
The menu you can view via the app is the current menu. Food has actually been really good the last 2 times we were there last month. You can also now do a mobile order at P & J

Given that the Florida Govenor has moved to Phase 3 of reopening the economy today for the Covid-19 disease, that should take most restrictions off as I understand it.

Phase 3 Theme Parks.PNG

Note at the bottom regarding theme parks: how will Disney implement "normal operations with limited social distancing protocols"? Will that mean that the Halloween golf cart parade can be held? The campfire sing-along can resume? Extended hours at the parks (which may be driven by increased reservations)?

We'll have to stay tuned.

Bama Ed

The decorations at Fort Wilderness are the best! We love going through and seeing all of the campers decorated; it's such fun. I don't see how that wouldn't be allowed this year. The only change might be that there are going to be less people able to see them, because you have to have a reservation or a dining reservation to visit a resort that you aren't staying at.

Ok, so how would I get to the P and Js take out if we are staying at the Yacht Club? We won't be able to just drive over since we aren't staying there. We would have to use Disney transport.

1 As to OP idea People currently staying at Ft W are decorating their sites for Halloween. A FB group Fort Wilderness Halloween Campers has many people discussing what they are putting up and acquired recently for their site displays so I will take a SWAG and say there will be plenty to see
As for Disney Transportation from Yacht Club to Ft W You can't get there from there. You might want to start your trip closer. Consider taking Bus to MK and then a Boat to Ft W , Bus to DS and transfer to Ft W, but for a true adventure take the boat to DHS and then bus to FT W

1 As to OP idea People currently staying at Ft W are decorating their sites for Halloween. A FB group Fort Wilderness Halloween Campers has many people discussing what they are putting up and acquired recently for their site displays so I will take a SWAG and say there will be plenty to see
As for Disney Transportation from Yacht Club to Ft W You can't get there from there. You might want to start your trip closer. Consider taking Bus to MK and then a Boat to Ft W , Bus to DS and transfer to Ft W, but for a true adventure take the boat to DHS and then bus to FT W
I have a feeling the food at P and Js will be worth the transportation, right?

I have a feeling the food at P and Js will be worth the transportation, right?
It’s just standard quick service food. It’s good for what it is but it’s definitely not worth the long trip it would take you to get there. Now if you’re going to look at decorations too then sure, get P&J’s but it’s definitely not somewhere I’d go out of my way to get to.

Now if they opened Trails End back up and it was an all you can eat family style meal, sure. My recommendation would be Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge if you’re looking for southern comfort food.

It’s just standard quick service food. It’s good for what it is but it’s definitely not worth the long trip it would take you to get there. Now if you’re going to look at decorations too then sure, get P&J’s but it’s definitely not somewhere I’d go out of my way to get to.

Now if they opened Trails End back up and it was an all you can eat family style meal, sure. My recommendation would be Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge if you’re looking for southern comfort food.
Oh, ok. Hmmm. The menu just looks like its really good.

I can say that the fried chicken coming out of P&J's is the best on property, The ribs are good but my preference is for dry rub over sauce, the sides are all good and the burgers are about standard Disney Burgers.

I forgot to mention the Pizza. Before I go on in the spirit of full transparency we come from NYC so we are PIZZA SNOBS. We strongly recommend you follow the following when ordering Pizza at the majority of locations that offer it.
1 Order with your favorite toppings
2 Add additional seasonings such as salt, garlic powder, crushed pepper etc.
3 Remove from the box and place in the 4 nearest appropriate receptacle
4 Consume the box

How about Pizza Rizzo? Pizza with a side salad and a serving of air conditioning and upstairs atmosphere The Wedding Reception Ballroom complete with a disco ball and disco music and a dance floor.
“ Y M C A “ = Best Pizza ever
RSVP Hollywood Studios.
I wonder if they allow actual wedding receptions in this room?

Back on topic, I think somebody posted a lot of decorations are popping up at the Fort. I know I expect a lot of decorated windows at POP Century too!

I forgot to mention the Pizza. Before I go on in the spirit of full transparency we come from NYC so we are PIZZA SNOBS. We strongly recommend you follow the following when ordering Pizza at the majority of locations that offer it.
4 Consume the box
Nailed it!

I can say that the fried chicken coming out of P&J's is the best on property, The ribs are good but my preference is for dry rub over sauce

I do not discriminate among cooked ribs, Mike. But the ribs (which are also served at Hoop Dee Doo Review) at TE/P&J's are a favorite of mine too.

Glad to hear there are some decorations already up at the Fort.

Bama Ed

4 Consume the box
Thats why i make my own. I hate bad pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter