Halloween Horror Nights and MS

BETTYDISNEY

Mouseketeer
Is anyone out there who is going to halloween horror nights at universal who has MS. I am going but feel like a scooter at night will not be fun!!! Any ideas has anyone else done this before. I really appreciate your imput. This is my first posting.:earsboy:

welcome betty! sorry i can't help you on the topic, never been to universal and had to give up driving a scooter for the safety of those around me lol but welcome to DIS from another ms-er!

hugs,
geek

THANK YOU GEEK FOR ANSWERING ME. I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD ANSWER. I LOVE DISNEY AND UNIVERAL WE ARE GOING IN OCTOBER AND I LOOOOOVVVEEE IT. MY MS CAN BE A PAIN, BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP HAVING FUN IN YOUR LIFE. I DO HATE THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU FOR USING A SCOOTER. DONT THEY KNOW I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT ARM TO BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE PARK!!!!!!:smooth: ANY WAY THANKS FOR THE INPUT

Hi Betty. Welcome to disABILITIES.

I also have never done the Halloween Horror Nights at USO. I would say that using an ECV does take getting used to. I have used mine at night at the Disney parks, including Epcot on NYE and MK at MVMCP with no problems.

As far as people staring, IGNORE THEM! They do not know you, they are not really elevant to you, and you will probably never see them again.

If anyone makes any comments, what I will do is (sweetly) offer to give them the ECV provided they also take all my hidden disabilities and pains. You should hear the apologies which then come forth.

BTW, I have never accidently run into anyone, but have had several times when I have stopped and had people walk into me. The few times I have run into anyone (at low speed) I have been very apologetic for what happened but also made them aware they had not been paying attention.

Anyway, if you have not noticed there are some MS threads in this forum which might help.

Mike

i don't know if you're tried driving an ecv before, maybe you can try one out at a local mall and get a feel for driving it before you go to universal?

i remember how hard it is to get through some of the doorways at WDW in an ECV, esp. in the world showcase. the doorways in the shops and some restaurants are SO narrow!

i too remember people literally walking into my ecv, very frustrating. people do not look out for chairs in WDW (too busy staring at the sights) and it makes it a challenge for us!

My husband who has to drive me around in my chair in the parks now cannot believe how people with strollers cut you off! once i got burned on the arm by the cigarette of someone walking in a crowd, they were holding it away from them down low and before I knew what happened i heard the sound and felt the pain. spent the afternoon with an icepack issued by first aid. The nurse there said to me "this is why you shouldn't smoke!" and i said "perhaps you should tell that to the stranger in the crowd who didn't even say he was sorry when he burned me!"

sorry, mini-vent there LOL.

All i can say is look out, try to stay along paths with as much light as possible, and be prepared to stop on a dime.

"MY MS CAN BE A PAIN, BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP HAVING FUN IN YOUR LIFE. I DO HATE THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU FOR USING A SCOOTER. DONT THEY KNOW I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT ARM TO BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE PARK!!!!!!"

that is SO true. people see my crutch riding along with me in the chair now, but before I had it, i got the looks.

I would just look at them and say "I would trade this chair for being able to hold hands walking through the Kingdom with my husband, any way. Would you like to trade your legs for my chair?"

better still to just ignore them and get on with having FUN!

hope this makes sense, i'm undercaffeinated this morning LOL.

hugs
geek

Hi guys:

Thank you Mike and GeekChic for your replies. I have never been involved in a chat forum before. This is all pretty new to me. But it is so much fun!!!!! I can't belive I have found people with MS and who also love disneyworld and universal as much as I do!!!!:sunny: We have been to disney/universal many times and I always use the scooter. When my mom joins us she also uses the scooter.(she is not as handy at it as I am, she popped a wheelie on the ramp for Test Track!!!)Everyone seemed to enjoy OUR PRESHOW!!. My husband has pushed me in a wheelchair when their have been no scooters available. We ususally go in the OFF seasons as the weather is cooler for me. But once again thank you for making my experience so fun. MIKE it must be awesome living in ORLANDO

BETTY

GUYS:

At the risk of sounding like a total FOOl how do I get those calender count downs to my trip with the time and date etc. at the end of my postings.!!!
thanks

Hello Geekchic:

I noticed that you have a quote from Pirates of the Carribean at the end of your note. Are you by any chance a JOHNN DEPP FAN? IF you are then we have something else in common!!!!
Do you know when the next movie is coming out?

betty

Welcome, Betty:wave:

At the risk of sounding like a total FOOl how do I get those calender count downs to my trip with the time and date etc. at the end of my postings.!!!
thanks
At the bottom of each page, there is a navigation pulldown menu that you can use to go to other boards. You can use that to get to the Technical Support Board. The people ther can help you get a counter at the end of your posts.

For your other questions, it sounds like you are a veteran ecv user. One thing you might want to do is practice driving around a little at night berfore you go out in the crowds (if you are not usually a night driver). Another thing you might want to look into is a light for your ecv. If it's your own ecv, you can find lights in the bicycle derpartment at Target or Walmart. If you rent, a snake light (a flashlight with a long, flexible body) works well. At least with a light, it gives people one less excuse to walk in your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter