Halloween or Bonfire Spectacular at DLP...Opinions?

neo's white rabbit

<font color=CC3300>What's a Tag? <i>This</i> is a
Anyone done either or both of these? Any views - good or bad - did you prefer one over the other?

Definitely go for Halloween. No doubt about it. This is one of Disney's best ever 'festival' events and there is a lot to it, as well as real high quality all round. The transformation of Frontierland into Halloweenland is worth seeing in its own, while the parade is also excellent. The park at night takes on a whole new dimension and I would whole-heartedly recommend going during October. The Firework Night specials are good (well, Disney probably do fireworks better than anyone else), but it is not the same all-round depth or quality, IMHO.

Thanks Simon. My two children really like the American style Halloween thing - unlike our local community :( I believe the Police here said it was harrassment or something last year and suggested people not go 'trick or treating' - and sure enough we only had one set of people come to the door!

So, DLP could beckon - and we'll all be suffering withdrawal having been to Florida in May.

And plus, you WILL be singing the Halloween parade music for the next two weeks at least...!:D

Definitely Halloween, particularly if you can attend one of the 'hard ticket' Halloween Soirees (held on 31 Oct and on the nearest Saturday to this date). Park re-opens at 9pm, staying open until 2am (mainly Halloweenland plus a few other bits) for a giant fancy dress/Halloween party. Great fun.

Regards

Rob

I just worked out if we arrived the 30th/31st Oct and left Nov 5th we could fit in both Halloween and a Bonfire/Firework extravaganza on the 4th Nov ;)

Now to work on the DH...there's no emoticon for an evil grin is there?

Is it hard to get a ticket for the Halloween party on the 31st?

Thanks for your input guys :)

Not too busy, it is Oct/Nov after all! DLP have made a good job of running special events outside the main summer season to keep up attendance at otherwise quiet times of year. But attendance will not be as high as July/August/Christmas so I wouldn't worry about it being too busy to enjoy things during Halloween.

Regards

Rob

Halloween is on a Friday this year, so would the partys run on the Friday to the Saturday, or would they put more dates on ?

If they were to do Thursday 30th that would definatly be worth thinking about. I would imagine this would be alot less crowded as its a school night, and its not actually Halloween night :confused:

Yes they are, with the Bonfire do's on 4th, 6th & 8th Nov.

Guess we'll just have to sharpen our elbows or learn how to balance on stilts :) ;)

we were there in 2001 for the Bonfire Spectacular, although I have to admit we opted to eat in the Rainforest cafe and missed the fireworks (well I was hungry...).

It was extremely quiet all week, with the exception of Sunday morning which was noticably busier than the other days (although still pretty quiet) - I think this is a great time to visit as long as you are prepared for the COLD!

On the first night we arrived (which may have been the Fireworks night, now I think about it), we entered a completely empty park about 6pm and it was just magical - it felt like we were the only people in the entire park - the christmas lights were all on, and it was beautiful.

Bev

Originally posted by alexandra uk
What extras do they have at the hard ticket event ?

This was the info provided by DLP for last year's Halloween Party:

"Disneyland Resort Paris is proud to present the two most frighteningly fun nights of the year for Halloween fans - dead or alive - on October 31 and November 1, 2002. The Disneyland Park will open its doors from 9pm to 2am, drawing in even the most adventurous of guests to the dark side of the festival…

These terror-ific evenings will feature concerts, fireworks, Disney characters, hair styling workshops, face painting workshops and Disneyland Park attractions especially opened for the occasion. Disney's Halloween Party passports can be acquired for either of the two evenings and numbers are limited. Tickets cost 25€ while stocks last.

A coven of four wicked witches will greet guests as they enter Disneyland Park, offering a not-so-warm welcome. Main Street, U.S.A. will be veiled in smoke, and will be bathed in mysterious green and purple light. The young and old alike who have not come in disguise will be asked to pay a visit to the Hair and Make up Workshops in HalloweenLand and Fantasyland for their own protection… Central Plaza will be home to the Pumpkin Stage, and will play host to a fancy dress competition and a musical concert. At midnight, a spectacular fireworks display will light the night sky above Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor - even more terrifying than usual - will be open throughout the evening, as will the rest of the HalloweenLand attractions. HalloweenLand will also be home to a mausoleum where guests will have the chance to have a souvenir photo taken with a were-wolf.

Fantasyland will be over run with the Disney Villains, with even Dumbo, the Flying Elephant under the control of the big bad wolf. Children will also be able to have their face painted or their hair "un-done" at special make up and hairstyling workshops in Toad Hall, before being invited to join in the fun at a special show at Fantasy Festival Stage

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril: Backwards! in Adventureland will also be open on the night, with the route to the attraction full of the sounds and rhythm that will add a genuinely haunting atmosphere to this old archaeological site…

Space Mountain, from the Earth to the Moon and Star Tours will also be open in Discoveryland. A disco party with a DJ will take place at Videopolis until 2am on both evenings. "

For me one of the best things about the evening was the quality of the fancy dress which many people were wearing. This all contributed to a fun event.

Regards

Rob

It's about time my children had a decent Halloween :) I booked our tickets for the 31st Oct Halloween Party online with Disney yesterday so we're sure we have those while I fine tune the rest of the trip.

Thanks for the info Rob.

I really fancy it. The only problem, is that its too close to our Orlando trip.
I wouldn't mind, but I can imagine what DH will say when I mention it to him :rolleyes:

I suppose we could just go for 2 nights just to see Halloween Land ;)

Good luck! I had to do some convincing (arm twisting!) on the DH too - he seems to have forgotten we're also supposed to be doing a week in Spain to celebrate mine and our DS's birthdays in mid-Oct, I'll wait awhile before I do any reminding about that LOL ;)

To be honest, for the Halloween party I'd have taken the kids on my own...looks like we'll be doing a 5 night trip and catching the Nov 4th Bonfire fireworks too :) And a bit of pre-Christmas shopping at Val d'Europe and Auchan...

I promised the children 2 years ago we'd do something special for Halloween - this is it! :) :)

Hi to Neo's white rabbit, maybe we will see you there. We have booked to stay at Davey Crocketts Cabins, driving to DLP for 4 days, 3 nights. We booked everything direct with DLP and also bought tickets for the party. I am so looking forward to going to the Halloween party. We are also going to WDW in August, we own DVC, so it's a Mickey Mouse year for us. Have a great time and look out for us.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!