Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out my daughter's science camp is the same week as our Halloween party trip (for which we have already bought tickets)! I know tickets are not refundable, but do you think I would be able to switch to a different day?
You can call and ask. But most likely not.

I just found out my daughter's science camp is the same week as our Halloween party trip (for which we have already bought tickets)! I know tickets are not refundable, but do you think I would be able to switch to a different day?

Officially it is no switches as it's been posted, but yeah, call and ask. They have allowed exceptions in the past if the party wasn't sold out, but it was not a general rule.

If Disney says no, you can try calling CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) or CHOC Walk to donate the tickets. People have posted that they have been able to donate their Halloween party tickets in the past as a tax deductible donation. I think they are deductible for the full amount. Just remember that Disney tickets state clearly that they are not for resale.

There are several things that I'm curious to see whether they'll somehow migrate them to to DCA or if they'll be lost because of the change in parks. Among my favorites are the Cadaver Dans, the Frontierland Dragon (formerly the Fantasyland Dragon), the Toontown Pre-Party, and the AP Treat Trail.

I'm guessing the AP treat trail will move (that seems pretty easy and doesn't really require any special space). I'm also hopeful that the Cadaver Dans will make the jump, but I don't know if the Undertaker theme will work as well in DCA (given that there is no Haunted Mansion). Maybe something to tie into Carthay Circle area would be cool. I can't really think of anywhere where the Frontierland/Fantasyland Dragon would fit, but maybe they'll surprise us and it'll still be in the cave by Big Thunder.

For the Toontown Pre-Party, hopefully they'll have something like that. I can really only think of two kind of easily isolated areas. One is the Redwood Challenge Trail and the other is the Hollywood Land side area (by Monsters Inc). The latter isn't very big and it would block off two attractions. Redwood Challenge Trail sounds like the most logical location, but it seems smaller than Toontown and harder to navigate. I suspect this one of those things that we might know about until after the first party starts.

There are several things that I'm curious to see whether they'll somehow migrate them to to DCA or if they'll be lost because of the change in parks. Among my favorites are the Cadaver Dans, the Frontierland Dragon (formerly the Fantasyland Dragon), the Toontown Pre-Party, and the AP Treat Trail.

I'm guessing the AP treat trail will move (that seems pretty easy and doesn't really require any special space). I'm also hopeful that the Cadaver Dans will make the jump, but I don't know if the Undertaker theme will work as well in DCA (given that there is no Haunted Mansion). Maybe something to tie into Carthay Circle area would be cool. I can't really think of anywhere where the Frontierland/Fantasyland Dragon would fit, but maybe they'll surprise us and it'll still be in the cave by Big Thunder.

For the Toontown Pre-Party, hopefully they'll have something like that. I can really only think of two kind of easily isolated areas. One is the Redwood Challenge Trail and the other is the Hollywood Land side area (by Monsters Inc). The latter isn't very big and it would block off two attractions. Redwood Challenge Trail sounds like the most logical location, but it seems smaller than Toontown and harder to navigate. I suspect this one of those things that we might know about until after the first party starts.

Personally I think Redwood Challenge Trail is out for a pre party. The website says

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Transformed – NEW!
Explore Redwood Creek Challenge Trail like never before as the worlds of Ursula, Scar, the Queen of Hearts and other Disney Villains unfold via ethereal scenes replete with hauntingly beautiful color, sound, light and shadow

They will need some time to set that up. I can't imagine them doing this throughout a pre party, and it does sound like this needs some time to set up. So doing it quickly after the party and then reopening doesn't seem that likely to me.

We full time RV and will be managing a pumpkin patch and Christmas tree farm in CA October and December! We have not been to Disneyland since the 60th, so I am excited to spend some time there.

I bought tickets for the 9/17 party yesterday and booked the Anahiem RV Park for the 16, 17 and 18. I think I may get the new FLEX pass since we will probably visit in November too.

We have never been to a Disneyland Halloween party! Been to MNSSHP many times.

Anyone else curious as to whether or not any of the beer/margarita stands will be open during the parties, or just me? :drinking1

so now for those of you who have been during Christmas time how would you compare it to Halloween time in terms of crowds? This will be our first Halloween time visit and I want to be prepared. We do well wit crowds just want to be prepared.

so now for those of you who have been during Christmas time how would you compare it to Halloween time in terms of crowds? This will be our first Halloween time visit and I want to be prepared. We do well wit crowds just want to be prepared.
I honestly thought Halloween crowds were awful. The parks were fun, but the crowds it brought were out of control to me. I planned to go a lot to take advantage of some of the offerings, but only ended up going once at the end of September, and then once in October for the Halloween party. That was it. This year I'm hoping to experience Halloween time more. I'd plan for it to be very busy especially with Star Wars going on. It will also be interesting to see how not having a Halloween party on a Friday night will impact things.

I went multiple times during the Christmas season (2 visits were during those two weeks), and it didn't seem nearly as bad.

I honestly thought Halloween crowds were awful. The parks were fun, but the crowds it brought were out of control to me. I planned to go a lot to take advantage of some of the offerings, but only ended up going once at the end of September, and then once in October for the Halloween party. That was it. This year I'm hoping to experience Halloween time more. I'd plan for it to be very busy especially with Star Wars going on. It will also be interesting to see how not having a Halloween party on a Friday night will impact things.

I went multiple times during the Christmas season (2 visits were during those two weeks), and it didn't seem nearly as bad.
We have been 3 times during Christmas. the days leading up to Christmas(2013), the days between Christmas and NYE(2017) and during Christmas (2018) Crowds never bothered us and i never think the Christmas time is that crowded. We always have a great time and plan things and also just go with what the day throws at us. I am thinking Halloween will be a bit more crowded due to everything else going on. Well hopefully EMH and MP will help us. We really are going mostly to experience the party and anything else is extra.

We have visited during Halloween and Christmas multiple times, but we always try to visit early in the month to avoid the heavier crowds. The first few weeks of October definitely feel busier to me than the first week of December, particularly if you visit during UEA or other state’s fall breaks. That being said, the only time I’ve ever thought the crowds were too heavy at Halloweentime is during the overlap hours before the Halloween party begins.

I always go for those seasons and have had much bigger crowds for Halloween. If you go before October, it will probably be less crowded. If you go in October, Gay Days, school breaks and Halloween week itself will add a lot to the crowds.

I always go for those seasons and have had much bigger crowds for Halloween. If you go before October, it will probably be less crowded. If you go in October, Gay Days, school breaks and Halloween week itself will add a lot to the crowds.
Thanks this helps. I will expect bigger crowds than Christmas. We are going during a school break and we are expecting huge crowds due to the school holiday and Halloween and swge. We will be there 10/11-10/14 staying on site at PPH. We usually do EMH and then are back at the hotel by 1pm. Mostly everyone in our party has already been once this year and will more than likely go again in December/January so our focus is on the actual Halloween party. It is our first Halloween party ever. We are very excited!!

It's going to be great. Even though it is super crowded, it is still my favorite time to go. I don't know how the parties will be since they are moved this time, but at least I know it will be different and feel new, which sounds good to me.
Yay i am excited!!!!

The only time I really ever notice how crowded it is is when attractions go down and everyone flocks to other popular attractions or when you stuck in a bottleneck at certain places in DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter