Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Halloween party tends to be one of the very first parties to sell out and is guaranteed to be a sold out event each year. That being said, a lot of parties sell out and the party on Halloween shouldn’t be any busier than any other sold out party.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking because in the past they have all sold out. We have never been to a party so I don't quite know what to expect crowd wise. We have been at DL on the weekend in Oct when they have school break and it was busy! I am surprised none of the parties have sold out so far I guess I better buy my Oct 31st party tickets! We are excited but it is a little bit pricey.

It seems like it's a bit early for any of the parties to sell out. For the past few years, the party on or near Friday the 13th sold out really quickly (less than a month), but most tickets sold out in August and September. With the change in party nights (Tue, Thu, and Sun), it's harder to guess which parties will sell out faster (it used to be the Halloween night party, the first party and then the Fridays). If you're curious about when the tickets sold in the past years, I've been tracking the sell out dates in the Calendar of Events threads (the 2019 thread has links to the past years).

I'm also curious to see how the crowds compare with past MHP. Being over in DCA, the park itself has wider walkways and generally feels like it has more space. I don't know if that means they'll sell more tickets (they don't publish that information) or not. I'm hoping it means that it'll be "easier" to find a spot to watch the parade and the new WoC show.

The one party we went to was amazing crowd wise! We had no issues finding a spot to watch the fireworks or parade. The only lines we really stood in were for a meet and greet and the Astro orbiters.

Well I just took a leap and bought tickets to the Sept 26th party. My daughters 6th birthday is the 27th so it seemed like a good extra treat! We've never done of the after hours parties or events so I'm very excited but also curious about how it all works. Now to work on the strategy of how to keep her awake late that night! :)

Those are awesome photos. I been trying to figure out what I’m gonna do. My two working ideas are J. Johan Jameson from Spider-man or The Bandit from Smoky and The Bandit for the sheer purpose of being in the driver seat of Radiator Racers.

Is it odd that they are really marketing to the tween scene?
I thought that was interesting too. I wonder if it being in DCA has anything to do with it. Since Bugsland is gone, DCA has a lot less to do for younger children (there's still plenty to do, but less)...but for tweens and up, it's a great park.

Is it odd that they are really marketing to the tween scene?
I don't think that it's odd. My feeling is that they're trying to market this party to all ages so that more guests will attend, especially this year when it's over in DCA for the first time in recent memory. The party has always had a fair amount for young children, but there wasn't as much geared especially for the tweens/teens. With all of the thrill rides in DCA, plus it gives them a chance to promote Descendants 3, it seems like a natural fit to want to do more to for that age group.

Oof, I always feel a little ridiculous leading up to the event when I read about all the stuff geared towards young kids and now this year "tweens".... being in my early 30s and without kids.... But, I absolutely love the show/parade Disney puts on and I'm down there anyway for the more "adult events" (Knotts Scary Farm and Halloween Horror Nights), it would be stupid to skip Disney :P

Oof, I always feel a little ridiculous leading up to the event when I read about all the stuff geared towards young kids and now this year "tweens".... being in my early 30s and without kids.... But, I absolutely love the show/parade Disney puts on and I'm down there anyway for the more "adult events" (Knotts Scary Farm and Halloween Horror Nights), it would be stupid to skip Disney :P

Hey we're adults in our early 30s without kids, and I already know we're gonna love this whole event. I don't care who it's marketed to! ;)

I haven't done Knotts Scary Farm in about 12 years, and it was fun, but a bit too creepy for me! I guess I just like the "kid" event more... haha!

Last year I went to Horror Nights at Universal a couple of weeks before the Halloween party. It was fun and all, but I literally screamed all night long lol. My throat hurt the next day. So when I went to the Halloween party, I appreciated the "cute spooky".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter