Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

Hoping things die down between Canada and USA border ! Hoping to postpone my July trip to late October/ early November ! I bought tickets on the Canadian deal and don't have a definite answer if they will carry over or not into 2021. Always wanted to go to Disney with the fall decor etc, I work in an elementary school so I am hoping I can swing getting away for a few days !
Same! We are from Vancouver. We are supposed to be cruising on the Wonder mid Oct with friends but if the cruise is cancelled our back up is to do Disneyland instead (since we already bought airfare in and out of LAX). Hoping the border is open well before then.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but does everyone really believe the party will go on this year? We have plane tickets and hotel to be there the end of Sept. specifically for the party experience with trick or treating. I have been mainly reading the cruise board since we were on the WBPC cruise and have another booked for next April. I came to the realization last week that even if they have a party, I do not see how they can distribute candy during this outbreak. We were still thinking of going because it might be a good time to check out Galaxy’s Edge without the crazy crowds. Plus the fact that our trip the middle of March got cancelled when the parks closed! :) It was just announced that everyone will be required to wear masks at WDW. I assume this will also be the case at DL. We are still holding out hope, but if these things (and probably more) come to fruition, we will probably pass. I get the whole mask thing, but everyone will be taking them off and on to eat, so that doesn’t really control spread. Also we already tested positive after our cruise, so for our family wearing masks from rope drop to close just does not make sense. Hope I am wrong with at least part of this.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but does everyone really believe the party will go on this year? We have plane tickets and hotel to be there the end of Sept. specifically for the party experience with trick or treating. I have been mainly reading the cruise board since we were on the WBPC cruise and have another booked for next April. I came to the realization last week that even if they have a party, I do not see how they can distribute candy during this outbreak. We were still thinking of going because it might be a good time to check out Galaxy’s Edge without the crazy crowds. Plus the fact that our trip the middle of March got cancelled when the parks closed! :) It was just announced that everyone will be required to wear masks at WDW. I assume this will also be the case at DL. We are still holding out hope, but if these things (and probably more) come to fruition, we will probably pass. I get the whole mask thing, but everyone will be taking them off and on to eat, so that doesn’t really control spread. Also we already tested positive after our cruise, so for our family wearing masks from rope drop to close just does not make sense. Hope I am wrong with at least part of this.

The candy doesn't seem to be a huge issue to me. It should all be sealed and if they really want to go over the top the staff handing it out could wear a mask and gloves. They could instruct guests not to eat the candy until in designated areas (food service areas where tables have been spread out maybe?) or once they were at home.

However, that doesn't mean they might not offer it. I don't believe the candy is really a cost issue... I feel like I read somewhere the candy is manly provided free of charge by the manufacture or at greatly reduced cost (probably as prime advertisement to get into Disney and be handed out).

As to if the party will happen.... well it's going to come down to money. If they're stuck at 30 or 40% capacity in October, it might not make sense on a budget sheet to spend the money to deck the park out for Halloween and hold special party only events. In addition, many of the big draws of the party don't lend well to spacing out the crowd. World of Color and the parade both usually get people packed in... that said, the parade route is much longer over in DCA any MAYBE they could somehow space people out enough to still hold it, especially if they limited tickets even more for the party...

I will note, Universal Studios creative director John Murdy did confirm to me on twitter just a week or so ago that he was still actively working on Halloween Horror Nights for this year. I know it's not the same park, but that does imply that at this point Universal still thinks a Halloween event is still possible and worth the cost (HHN is a separate ticketed event that requires extensive build and planning, probably more so than Disney's event if you don't count the standard park decorations that they put up).

I still have a trip planned for October 18th - 25th and probably will keep it even if they don't have special party nights as long as Universal and Knott's have their Halloween events. I figure the positive would be that if Disney doesn't have Halloween, it likely means they will still be at reduced capacity. It would be worth it to me if most lines were 15 to 20 min max but I missed out on Halloween...

I'm not sure if they will have the party or not but I'm still planning to go. I have my flight and hotel booked. As far as the candy being passed out I don't see that being an issue as cast members pass our packaged snacks or wrapped candy and since restaurants are allowed for to go I don't see that being an issue. Also I read that when the parks open they will more likely have food to go as well so, i think this will be fine with cast members wearing gloves. Also in California Adventure park its way more spread out so I could see it more likely happening than DL. With the parade route being longer and more spacious and they will probably sell less tickets than usual which makes me think it still may be a possibility but no one knows as its just too early to tell.

Disney posted this half way to Halloween stuff today. I hope their trying to get us excited for a possible re-opening... keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbsup2

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...es-for-your-halfway-to-halloween-celebration/
That pumpkin soup is making me want to check into the DLH and see the Halloween decorations and enjoy good times and good meals! I feel bad for everyone’s summer plans being ruined but holy cow I just want it to be at least back to 75% or so of normal by October! (Parades back, all attractions open, etc)

That pumpkin soup is making me want to check into the DLH and see the Halloween decorations and enjoy good times and good meals! I feel bad for everyone’s summer plans being ruined but holy cow I just want it to be at least back to 75% or so of normal by October! (Parades back, all attractions open, etc)
I want to try the pumpkin pancakes. My plans were ruined too😪 I had plans to go to Disneyland Paris in April and DL in May now I just have hopes for my September trip. Just hoping for it all to be open again.

Disney posted this half way to Halloween stuff today. I hope their trying to get us excited for a possible re-opening... keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbsup2

I received the Halloween notification too yesterday. I was like, oh Disney, you're such a tease! 🎃

I completely agree. Baby steps.

I guess I’m fully expecting the park to be open to some capacity by October.... unless California has a stranglehold over them. I just don’t see a world where a busy SanFran or LA mall could be open in October/November for anticipation for holiday sales but banning a theme park. I mean potentially get 5,000 or 10,000 people sick at a mall but not at a mainly outside park? Oh yeah, that must be much less risk 🙄

3067_zpsbkphpb0u.jpg

I’ve now added October as the ‘maybe’ to my list of potential reschedule dates so figured I’d hop on this thread so I get notifications. We’ve never been at Halloween because my schedule (I teach) never allows it but this Fall I’m teaching online so the opportunity might present itself!

Last edited:
I’ve now added October as the ‘maybe’ to my list of potential reschedule dates so figured I’d hop on this thread so I get notifications. We’ve never been at Halloween because my schedule (I teach) never allows it but this Fall I’m teaching online so the opportunity might present itself!
It's a fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!