Happy Happy Happy Happy Halloween ~ Day 2

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Tuesday October 23rd 2007

Another lovely sunny day :sunny: we had breakfast early, then caught the bus to the parks and used EMH to get into the main park before going over to the Studios to wait for opening. Once we were let in we headed straight for Crush and only had to wait 10 minutes before we were on it.

45513323_600_x_450_.jpg

I was a bit apprehensive as to how wild it would be but I enjoyed it and it was a big shame that we never managed to ride it again this trip ~ something I intend to rectify in the summer! I had a spare seat next to me which a lone gentleman jumped into at the last minute. He squealed with fright the whole way round and kept clutching at my arm, then apologising profusely whilst clutching me again whenever it spun too much for him! He was so funny I didn’t have chance to be scared!!! :lmao: After we got off it took a few minutes for my legs to stop shaking and feel normal again but we’re all decided that we like this ride.

We then rode Cars which only had 5 minutes wait, this is a great new ride, then watched Animagique ~ I love this show and can never get enough of it. :)

Then we went to Cafe des Cascadeurs and enjoyed a delicious hot chocolate.

45513079_600_x_450_.jpg

Then it was time for Cinemagique ~ another favourite of mine, then we watched the parade.

I looked at the times for Crush but it was a 70 minutes wait ~ NO WAY!!! :sad2:

By now it was mid afternoon so we went over to the Rainforest Cafe for a meal. The food here is OK but we enjoy coming most for the theming plus they do lovely cocktails!!

Samantha had the Maui Chicken burger and fries, Danielle had the Hawaiian Burger and fries, Francesca had Nile’s Favourite (chicken) nuggets and fries ( no photos :confused3 ) and

Bryan and I had Rainforest Chilli Con Carne which was absolutely delicious.

45513080_600_x_450_.jpg

For dessert I had the Gorilla in the Mist banana cheesecake (very yummy)

45513081_600_x_450_.jpg

and the others all shared a volcano ~ sorry, they devoured it before I had chance to photograph it. :rotfl:

We browsed through the shops in the Village and I went into the Disney Gallery to buy a Partners statue ornament. We had looked at these last time we were here and I decided (sentimental fool that I am ;) ) that I would prefer to buy it from WDW as that was the first Disney park I went to. However, when we got to WDW the statue they were selling was not quite the same as the one here and didn’t look as nice, so I decided to buy it from DLRP after all. :rolleyes: I couldn’t see one on display so asked a CM only to be told that "Non Madame, we don’t have any!!!" No!!!!! :scared1: And I knew there weren’t any left in the Studios as I’d already checked in the Art of Animation shop!! Oh no, why oh why didn’t I buy it last time!! :eek:
Well, I had one last chance, perhaps there was one left in the main park. We raced into the park and straight up Main Street into Harrington’s which we thought would be our best bet. Phew!! There was one in the display unit behind the till and on paying for it the CM informed us it was the very very very last one left in the whole resort!!

Here it is on display at home.

45513DSCF2960_600_x_450_.jpg

After that little bit of excitement, I needed a sit-down so we went up to Phantom Manor ~ great as always and even better for being a virtual walk-on

45513084_600_x_450_.jpg

45513086_600_x_450_.jpg

45513089_600_x_450_.jpg

45513090_600_x_450_.jpg

45513092_600_x_450_.jpg

45513093_600_x_450_.jpg

Then watched Candleabration

45513094_600_x_450_.jpg

45513095_600_x_450_.jpg

What a lovely show but I think it will be even better next summer when it will be on in the dark rather than dusk.

45513122_600_x_450_.jpg

45513119_600_x_450_.jpg

To finish off the evening, we rode Big Thunder Mountain a few times ~ I love it in the dark ~ before catching the bus back to our hotel.

Here are some pictures I took today

45513082_600_x_450_.jpg

45513083_450_x_600_.jpg

45513117_600_x_450_.jpg

Frontierland aka Halloweenland looks fabulous at night!

45513106_450_x_600_.jpg

45513108_600_x_450_.jpg

better late than never Elaine - thanks for doing it but I dont know how you remember it all a year later.

You had a great day and glad you got the statue

I can't remember much at all :rotfl2: but luckily I make notes every night and just hope my photos are all in order!! :rotfl:

Yay more Halloween excitement, thank you thank you!! I like your partners statue... very nice!

Thoses witches are abit freaky!!

Love your partners statue Elaine :thumbsup2

Getting in the mood for my Halloween trip now :banana:

Wow, the Halloween theming looks amazing. If the Disneyland theming is half as good as DLRP's is, then I'll be happy :goodvibes

Yeah!! Great report and great photos, i am building up my excitement too :goodvibes :goodvibes

great report. my lil girl loved the pics. getting all excited for my trip now

Excellent - and all the better for waiting for, like a good wine. :lmao:

The Halloween theming does look great - that's another on my todo list :goodvibes

Let me see I've got Xmas, Halloween, summer for the fireworks - anything else I can add :lmao:

Fab report :) I'm a little concerned that my DD1 is going to be scared (she's decided she doesn't like pumpkins and is scared stiff of skeletons!!) :confused3

Glad you managed to get the last Partners ornament :goodvibes

I love your Phantom Manor photos :)

I can't find part 1 anywhere or am I just being rather thick this evening?

Thank you everyone. :)
I can't find part 1 anywhere or am I just being rather thick this evening?

No, I wrote Day 1 months ago, that's why you can't find it! :rotfl:

There's a link to it in the Trip Reports Index, under October 2007. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter