Happy Thankgiving ... and a note of thanks

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
I hope every one is able to have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

A note of thanks to everyone involved in the DISboards (the creators, the moderators, the database managers, and my fellow posters) and in the DISunplugged podcasts!

Lastly, just thinking of all those for whom this is a tough time of year and/or are not able to be with any family

The boards, the shows, private conversations, the Teams (still hoping to meet/hug some day!), and all the friends I've made (still hoping to meet/hug some day!!), have literally held my hand, and helped me through several years of trying times. I am grateful for it - and you - all!! :love::love:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! So many great Disney moments for me to be thankful for this year... including discussions on this site with you beautiful folks. And of course thank you to the podcast gang who provides so much laughter and entertainment to us all week after week.

Hope you all have a great day full of food, family, and friends. And may the start of your holiday season be merry and bright.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Unlike the Llama I'm thankful for you all of you!! I hope you all took some time to enjoy company and friends. I would have to say we (grandparents, parents, kids) all watched Snow White together. Never thought there would be a day when we all could agree on a show. Lol. Disney Magic!!

Thank you all but particularly for the DIS Team.

It isn't easy to produce top quality programming day in and day out.

We all love WDW and DL (Thank you, Tom & Team) but it takes people with particularly strong love and devotion to do the heavy lifting required to feed our need for info and content.

Thankful for the DIS and the extended DIS Family.

I love that, Mike. I, too, have been visiting Epcot since the beginning. It opened in October 1982 and my first visit was in March 1983 so I fondly remember the original park and I've seen all of the evolution of the place over the years, both good and bad.

I love that, Mike. I, too, have been visiting Epcot since the beginning. It opened in October 1982 and my first visit was in March 1983 so I fondly remember the original park and I've seen all of the evolution of the place over the years, both good and bad.

Veering away from the topic a little... what are your thoughts on the evolution of Epcot? Good or bad overall?

Veering away from the topic a little... what are your thoughts on the evolution of Epcot? Good or bad overall?
A little of both.

The world has changed in 35 years. What was relevant and "futuristic" in 1982 no longer is. As Disney discovered with Tomorrowland, it's hard to portray cutting edge stuff and futuristic things because you can't keep up with reality.

I don't want to hijack the thread so I won't say more than that but I certainly have lots of thoughts and opinions if you want to start a discussion elsewhere.

EPCOT made a lasting impression on me a child and I'm guessing it helped having the music connected to Future World: "Listen to the Land"; "Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit"; Living Seas Area Loop; "Horizons Theme" (w/Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow sprinkled in there); "One Little Spark"; "Making Memories"/replaced by Captain EO and its songs; "Universe of Energy"; and "Fun to be Free". Think of how many of those great songs and scores are still in the park today (and not for long)...

The biggest mistake Eisner ever made was wasting money on MGM Studios, the problems attached to it (naming rights, delays, only two operating attractions at park's opening, etc.), and not putting the first roller coaster (which still would have been called Body Wars, I believe) in EPCOT attached to Wonders of Life. Movie Ride would have replaced 20,000 Leagues and Sunset Blvd would replace Mickey's Birthdayland with the Tower of Terror being the weenie in the corner of MK, but I guess they didn't want to take away from the Castle, who knows. The long-and-the-short-of-it is that no matter what the outcome of how things played out, I believe EPCOT would have eventually seen the sprinkling of IPs around this time, no matter the timeline.... and it hurts me to say that.

EPCOT made a lasting impression on me a child and I'm guessing it helped having the music connected to Future World: "Listen to the Land"; "Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit"; Living Seas Area Loop; "Horizons Theme" (w/Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow sprinkled in there); "One Little Spark"; "Making Memories"/replaced by Captain EO and its songs; "Universe of Energy"; and "Fun to be Free". Think of how many of those great songs and scores are still in the park today (and not for long)...

The biggest mistake Eisner ever made was wasting money on MGM Studios, the problems attached to it (naming rights, delays, only two operating attractions at park's opening, etc.), and not putting the first roller coaster (which still would have been called Body Wars, I believe) in EPCOT attached to Wonders of Life. Movie Ride would have replaced 20,000 Leagues and Sunset Blvd would replace Mickey's Birthdayland with the Tower of Terror being the weenie in the corner of MK, but I guess they didn't want to take away from the Castle, who knows. The long-and-the-short-of-it is that no matter what the outcome of how things played out, I believe EPCOT would have eventually seen the sprinkling of IPs around this time, no matter the timeline.... and it hurts me to say that.

Always interesting to me to look back on when EPCOT first opened they didn't put any IP/Characters in there because they were afraid people wouldn't bother going to MK if they could meet Mickey in EPCOT along with all the cool stuff there - and now they feel they have to put IP into EPCOT to help draw crowds

I am fine in theory with IP in EPCOT as long as it keeps whatmade the park special and unique - really what I want is all 4 parks to maintain unique identities

Finally getting to post- Huzzah! THANK YOU to the DIS team for your tireless efforts and for being so genuine in your work. I appreciate your candor and can only imagine the work that must go on behind the scenes to produce all the content you do. Thank You!!

Also.... a shout-out to my live podcast chatterati buddies. I started a new job, and am missing our Tuesday chats. Such a highlight of my week. Much gratitude and love to y'all!

:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!