HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Good evening all,

We are once again staying at HRH just like last spring. This time we bumped it up to Club Level. Can anyone confirm my facts below? TIA.

1) I noticed room cards are now used for EP? true? I think so from what I've been reading about HRH lately.
2) If your Club Level room isn't ready or your a few hours early to check-in, can you still visit the Club Lounge even though a room isn't assign/available just yet?
3) Is the room fridge full of stuff that you are required to pay for if you want to drink/eat it? Can you have them empty the fridge, so you can place your own stuff in there?

Thanks again and we are counting down. March 27-31st 2018.
Bfrosty

Once you check in, you can use the club lounge

Your room key is set to use for the 7 floor
All other hotel guests have hotel keys that only stop for floors 1-6 in the elevators

Nothing was in my fridge when I went in October
Is assumed this is for all rooms

If anything would be in your fridge , call the front desk and they will remove it and

Good evening all,

We are once again staying at HRH just like last spring. This time we bumped it up to Club Level. Can anyone confirm my facts below? TIA.

1) I noticed room cards are now used for EP? true? I think so from what I've been reading about HRH lately.
2) If your Club Level room isn't ready or your a few hours early to check-in, can you still visit the Club Lounge even though a room isn't assign/available just yet?
3) Is the room fridge full of stuff that you are required to pay for if you want to drink/eat it? Can you have them empty the fridge, so you can place your own stuff in there?

Thanks again and we are counting down. March 27-31st 2018.
Bfrosty

Enjoy the HRH! It's our Orlando home! The staff there are stellar!
Yes- your room key is your express pass. We were just there last week and they are now taking your picture when you present your room key at the ride for EP. This is new.
You can also use the club lounge the full day of checkout. Your room keys should still work to get the elevator to the 7th floor. Sometimes ours don't work- just stop at the front desk and they'll give you a key to use for elevator access.

Yes, your room key is now your EP (just like it used to be back in the day.)

And for lounge access, I have week stay coming up (staying at CBBR) with some 1 night reservations at the EP hotels with club access. I plan on heading over to the hotel early enough to check-in and get breakfast in the lounge (even though I doubt the room will be ready until later in the day.)

Thanks everyone...that all sounds great. Good info to know. We really enjoyed last spring staying at the HRH.

First...very helpful thread! We're making our 2nd trip to UO. First time stayed at RP and this year we're staying at HRH. Surprising our son for his birthday with the trip (picking him up from school, telling him we're going out to dinner to celebrate his birthday and driving him to the airport!) My question is about microwaves. I know that you can rent them for a daily fee, but are there any microwaves available to use? We really only need it to warm up a breakfast option. Every time we've gone to WDW we've stayed at values that have them available in their dining area. Not sure if that's an option here, especially since it's nicer place. :) TIA!!

Never seen one for general use, you’ll need to rent one probably if you need it.

Fabulous surprise for your son......he will be so happy with that one!!

The only place to use a microwave that I know of is in the club lounge. We've used it to warm leftovers during club hours.

Are the Harry Potter rides on Express Pass now? I heard a rumor that they may be soon.

Enjoy the HRH! It's our Orlando home! The staff there are stellar!
Yes- your room key is your express pass. We were just there last week and they are now taking your picture when you present your room key at the ride for EP. This is new.

I'm the same way re: HRH. So do they take your picture at the ride entrance or later in the queue, i.e. inside the castle vs. outside Hogwarts? Do they do this every time? Does it limit the amount of times you can ride?

Each person in the room will get a credit card like room key. Just show that room key at each ride's express pass entrance. To validate that the express pass/room key is valid, it will normally be scanned somewhere along the express pass entrance to each ride. At some rides, Universal now has a stand that you look at and as they scan the pass, it will take your picture. If that ride is the first time you have your picture taken, they system saves the picture. From that point on, any ride that has that picture stand, when your express pass is scanned, it will take your picture and the attendant sees the original picture and the picture just taken. If they don't look anything alike, I suspect there will be some "questions" to be answered.

Each person in the room will get a credit card like room key. Just show that room key at each ride's express pass entrance. To validate that the express pass/room key is valid, it will normally be scanned somewhere along the express pass entrance to each ride. At some rides, Universal now has a stand that you look at and as they scan the pass, it will take your picture. If that ride is the first time you have your picture taken, they system saves the picture. From that point on, any ride that has that picture stand, when your express pass is scanned, it will take your picture and the attendant sees the original picture and the picture just taken. If they don't look anything alike, I suspect there will be some "questions" to be answered.

Interesting - does this slow down the lines at all? Sounds a lot more cumbersome than old process of having pic taken once at hotel.

Interesting - does this slow down the lines at all? Sounds a lot more cumbersome than old process of having pic taken once at hotel.

It only takes a second or two. No noticeable effect on the Express line at all.

It only takes a second or two. No noticeable effect on the Express line at all.
I can see two things keeping this from causing any "back-log" in the lines. First, in most situations, the Express line is much, much shorter (i.e. lower volume) than the normal line. So there isn't a huge volume of folks trying to get through it like there would be on the non-Express line. Second, not all rides have the picture stands. Only a few and I'd guess that over a period of time they might even switch those around to keep folks from keying too much on which will have the pictures and which don't.

Let’s get back on track and keep this sticky about hard rock hotel

Discussing the line waits or new usage of the ep lines would be a great discussion in the general forums

There are 3 hotels that allows registers guests that perk of free unlimited ep

Hello HRH people. Just booked 24 to 31 Aug and the question turned to what type of room we would get.

Option for family of 5-
2 queen deluxe or
2 queen club level.

Differences
+$170 for the entire week for club level access
500 sq ft for deluxe vs. 371 sq.ft for club level room
Need for another bed, either rollaway @ $25 per day or we bring an aero bed or my 6 year old.

When I spoke with the front desk and they gave the list of offerings in the club room, it seemed like you are getting alot in terms of a nice breakfast, drinks and snacks throughout the day and appetizers/wine at night, all in a comfortable setting. The front desk also indicated that there are club level rooms available that offer 2 queen deluxe but that they are not available for booking, only request at the time of arrival. Has anyone had any luck getting one of these rooms on arrival day? It seems as though they are few and far between.

As we aren't big on spending time in the room with 3 kids I think that we will pull the trigger on the smaller club room that offers greater access to the resort amenities.

Would you agree that this is a wise move to do so? The deluxe rooms do look nice but you're giving up alot just to get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter