HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

I can't remember how sprawly this particular resort is. We are caffeine fiends and like to be near the club lounge. We'll have a "Club King" on this trip. Is it worth requesting a room close the lounge, or is the resort small enough that it's not a big deal?

(I'm admittedly remember the very long hike to the lounge from our Club levels at AKL a few years ago.)

We like to be far away from the lounge as it's quieter so we get a room at the very end of the hall. I don't think it's a long walk, but I would request a room near the lounge to cut down on the walking. They are very accommodating at the HRH with room requests. Also, the rooms have a Keurig stocked with coffee and tea and you can get as much as you need to keep the caffeine coming!!

Hrh is the smallest hotel at UO
Believe only 650 rooms

Lounge is a few steps from the elevator

Hallways split at both ends in a Y direction

Easy to go to the club lounge with a short walk if you are in the corridors that face the front of the hotel

Another club level question since my wife just upgraded up since it became available (someone must have cancelled). :) Do they have bottled water you can grab and bring back to your room? It'll save us a stop on the way to pick up.

Also bonus question -- saw somewhere else that the club lounge opened at 6:30 am on early entry days, which is pretty much every day, isn't it? At the very least, it opens at 7, correct? Thanks!

Yes
The sticky has all that info regarding club

Opening time for club varies on the season

Another club level question since my wife just upgraded up since it became available (someone must have cancelled). :) Do they have bottled water you can grab and bring back to your room? It'll save us a stop on the way to pick up.

Also bonus question -- saw somewhere else that the club lounge opened at 6:30 am on early entry days, which is pretty much every day, isn't it? At the very least, it opens at 7, correct? Thanks!

Yes, bottled water is available. It's usually out next to the desk at the entrance, but if not, just ask one of the team members and they will be happy to get some for you!

We've stayed at various times throughout the year and the lounge states 7am as the opening. We've never tried earlier, but I would ask one of the team members and if you need something earlier, you can get some breakfast the day before and keep it until the next day maybe? You have coffee available in room with the Keurig.

Yes, bottled water is available. It's usually out next to the desk at the entrance, but if not, just ask one of the team members and they will be happy to get some for you!

We've stayed at various times throughout the year and the lounge states 7am as the opening. We've never tried earlier, but I would ask one of the team members and if you need something earlier, you can get some breakfast the day before and keep it until the next day maybe? You have coffee available in room with the Keurig.

Thanks!!

@macraven - Did you try the Coke Dial-A-Matics with just getting ice and water? Do they still work?

I must confess, we did the Celebration of Harry Potter Weekend (My daughter and I only) Jan 27th-29th. We ended up staying at the DoubleTree Hilton just outside the US parking garage, we could have walked every day, but took shuttle to parks and cut thru HRH on our way home two nights. Checked out HRH and loved it, we just got a cab back to the Hilton from there. The pool area, inside hotel and outside are just beautiful and on par with Deluxe Disney Hotels. So, so close to walk to the parks from HRH. We ended up going to the snack bar place and picked up some late night dinner snacks (Berry Yogurt Parfait). They were SooooooGooooD!!!!

I recommend the DblTree Hilton if you just need a hotel room. It was really big. We had two queens and the room was 20x13' and that didn't include the hallway and bathroom. Seemed bigger than the Tower Family suite at Cabana Bay. Trust me, the only thing going for this hotel is room size, Starbucks near elevator and walking distance to US parks. Other than that...not much. Hotel Employees were very friendly though.

Hi--we will be staying at HR several nights the last week of August. Since I am traveling with kids who LIKE TO EAT I would like to stop on the way from the airport to get snacks. We will not have a car. Can anyone recommend a ride service that will pick us up at the airport and allow us to stop at the grocery store on the way? Or have an alternative such as a local grocery deliver that will deliver day of arrival?

Hi--we will be staying at HR several nights the last week of August. Since I am traveling with kids who LIKE TO EAT I would like to stop on the way from the airport to get snacks. We will not have a car. Can anyone recommend a ride service that will pick us up at the airport and allow us to stop at the grocery store on the way? Or have an alternative such as a local grocery deliver that will deliver day of arrival?
Instacart worked great for us, they have coupons online that will cover the deliver you fee. Safeway also has a delivery service. Amazon has one too, but they don't have as many items.

We used Tiffany Towncar and they included a stop at Publix. It was great just for the savings on bottled water. We've used them a bunch over the years, definitely recommend.

We didn't try the coke machines for water...it was soooo cold and rainy. We needed Hot Chocolate!!!! Will try next month in April.

Parking.....$22 self park
Anyway to get around this legally? Like are there any perks for any of the members(APH, Loews, hard Rock)
Just thinking that I could use that $$ for extra milkshakes! Lol.
Everything I have found though looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and pay.

Parking.....$22 self park
Anyway to get around this legally? Like are there any perks for any of the members(APH, Loews, hard Rock)
Just thinking that I could use that $$ for extra milkshakes! Lol.
Everything I have found though looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and pay.

Nope, if you have a car you pay.

I can guess the answer is "no," but does it matter if you have a car rental from Hertz? I don't suppose they waive or discount parking if you rented from them since they have a rental counter in the HRH?

I can guess the answer is "no," but does it matter if you have a car rental from Hertz? I don't suppose they waive or discount parking if you rented from them since they have a rental counter in the HRH?

You'll still pay full price to park.

Hi
Planning my trip for Apr 2018 and am looking for strategies for booking a good rate. I will have an APH that I will activate when I arrive.
1) When should I look for the best rates?
2) Why is Club King cheaper than Deluxe King?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter