Hard Rock Hotel

Kev Harrison

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm new here so be gentle with me if this has been asked before...

I am planning on visiting Orlando for the forth time next year, and have set my heart on staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. Can anyone who has stayed there give me information about the hotel ? Such as where did you book ? Best rates etc. Virgin give you 10% off holidays on their website but you can't book for the September of next year at the moment.

We are planning to stay for 7 days and have always flown with Virgin, but I am just looking for other options and you all seem to have good advice.

Thanks for any advice...

Kev Harrison.

Hello Kev:) if you go to the Universal board in the drop down list youll see that lots of folk talk about the entertainment rate.I think its about 50% off normal rate and you have to buy a membership from www.entertainment.com then you just phone them and ask for the Enteratainment rate:)

The Hard Rock is great and certainly get the Entertainment Book. Check availibilty for the dates first and then apply online for the book. Also think about going for the new hotel - Royal Pacific, I have rates of $99 a night there (without tax) for July. The card also gives good discounts for local restaurants.
Wendy

Hi Kev and welcome to the DIS! :wave:

We stayed at HRH last year and it is absolutely awesome! So much so that we are doing it again this October - it made a huge difference to our Universal experience. We loved being so close to the parks and CityWalk (just 5 minutes walk to Universal Studios and a few more to IoA, or take the launch - it drops you at CityWalk). And FOTL access - WOW!

Do take a look at the Universal Studios forum; as Stephen says, you will find much discussion of the entertainment rate. Another way to get a discount is to buy an AP for Universal Studios (which gives you 365 days unlimited access to US and IoA) - the discounted rate will be similar to the entertainment rate. Check out Fiona R's thread on the $99 AAA Annual Pass rate - an incredible price. We paid $159 for our APs last year.

You can't book directly with HRH, you have to do it through Universal on 001 407 224 7117 (this includes the international dialling code).

If you've got any questions about HRH, feel free to ask - either here, or PM me. If you like steaks, you must try the Palm restaurant - very expensive, but well worth it. Do you have children? For an adult's only treat, the Velvet Lounge is way cool. If you haven't already done it, check out the following links:

Loews Hotels
Hard Rock - I particularly like this one because it has a 360 degree tour of the hotel.

Hi Kev,

When are you thinking of going to the HRH????

We're trying to book just 1 night to break up our 2 week villa holiday in October and I've just been onto HRH. The Entertainment rate midweek is $125 plus tax, for Fan Club and AP rate it is $153 + tax both for a standard garden view room.

Deb - Is this a good rate???? I asked for weekend availability and they are showing no special rates for weekends.

Lisa

Lisa,

I'm not really sure whether or not it's a good rate - I suppose if it's the best they're offering then it is. Fiona R got $99 AP rate for February. It's interesting that the Entertainment rate is lower than the AP rate.

I haven't booked yet and we will want Friday and Saturday (no flexibility because we want to be there for friends' ds's 21st birthday). I guess I need to start making some 'phone calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter