Hard Rock Hotels, Sunset Grill, Article

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
I came across this article from September about the new restaurant opening at HRH. Sounds promising and I really like the concept! Hope it all pans out...:tongue:

Rock stars may do some Kitchen duty
Susan Strother Clarke

September 10, 2003

If you're interested in eating what rock stars eat -- or, better still, having your favorite guitar-strummer prepare your dinner -- read on.

The Sunset Grill at Orlando's Hard Rock Hotel recently closed, but the restaurant will reopen at the end of this month as The Kitchen.

The new place will include menu items that are favorites of the stars, but managers also hope a regular contingent of rockers will step in to whip up the grub when they're in town -- as they often are, playing at the nearby Hard Rock Live.

The idea came about because rock stars visiting the Sunset Grill had shown some real talent with the spatula and saute pan. Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, for one, makes a mean plate of ribs.

What's more, hotel officials are shopping the cookin' celeb idea around, hoping to gin up some interest for a TV show that would be taped at the restaurant.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bizclarke10091003sep10,0,7245739.column

That sounds so cool. Do you think Janet Jackson will make me steak and potatoes???? LOL.....

In my dreams....my wildest dreams that is....:p

That sounds great. I have always bypassed the Sunset grill because it did not seem at all appealing to me. I hope The Kitchen will deliver! (I mean what it promises, not to my hotel room!)

Oh, and Spidey, I'd like Phil Collins to cook me up some...darn it if I can think of any culinary item the English are known for. Selina, can you help me out here?

IMGONNABE40--LOL!!!!

Maybe he can make you some tea and crumpets??????:p

I hope the Kitchen is as good as the Sunset Grill was. I could care less if a rock star cooks it, as long as it's good.I loved the food there, especially the ribs. I could never understand why it wasn't busy. My GF was there this past weekend and stayed at HRH, she said it was already open? Anyone else hear that?:chat:

IMGONNABE40.....Phil Collins is known to love spaghetti....so you could ask him to make you a spagbog!! ...I'm sure he would make a super piemash too and there's always the chip-butty!! Has anyone heard of Buppy Jam?! My dad used to make that when I was a tot?!!:p

Originally posted by Selina
IMGONNABE40.....Phil Collins is known to love spaghetti....so you could ask him to make you a spagbog!! ...I'm sure he would make a super piemash too and there's always the chip-butty!! Has anyone heard of Buppy Jam?! My dad used to make that when I was a tot?!!:p

Okay Selina, please describe each one of those...I'm very curious!!!::yes::

It was open this week, but we ate off-site. A lady I spoke with at the pool gave it good reviews.

Originally posted by polkadotminnie
It was open this week, but we ate off-site. A lady I spoke with at the pool gave it good reviews.

Thats great news! Thanks so much. :)

Great to hear. Now jess, either you or Tigerlilly will have to go there and have at least one meal. You guys are next on trips and can bring back a report for the rest of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter