Hard Rock or Portofino which would you choose?

Hard Rock or Portofino?

• Hard Rock

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Portofino

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both are lovely. PBH will have larger rooms. HRH is a closer walk to the parks. HRH atmosphere will be livelier than PBH as there is rock music playing in the lobby. We choose HRH- but it's our personal choice. You can't make a bad decision between them. Pick the one that will suit your family's taste. :thumbsup2

My favorite is PBH.

As Pattyw noted above PBH has the largest rooms of the Resorts.

It is the longest walk to the parks, but has water taxi transportation.

It has 3 pools. The largest is the beach pool, it has a slide. They have nice activities at the beach pool for the kiddos.

Villa pool is more laid back. I have never used the hillside pool.

They have a Starbucks in the Piazza and really good pizza at Sal’s.

I bet your 16 year old would like the rock and roll theming at HRH.

I would have a good look at each Resorts Sticky’s on the Universal boards here. Look at the pictures of the rooms and all the amenities and restaurants at each Resort. Have a fun evening one night at the dinner table present all the information on both Resorts and take a family vote......of course mom and dad have the final say.

Like Pattyw said you can’t go wrong with either one.

The sweetest deal of all is your family will all get Unlimited Express Pass with your stay at HRH or PBH.

No matter which you choose have a great time at Universal pixiedust:

HRH is my vote.
We've had 5 in a deluxe queen room several times. Nice size and layout.
We also enjoy the pool area and the live entertainment a lot!
And certainly book a date evening at The Palm while the kids swim!!

HRH is our favorite resort. I think the theme of PBH will be lost on the younger kids.

As PP mentions, HRH has a livelier atmosphere and more of a fun pool area too. We LOVE The Kitchen, and the short walk to the parks. Never use the water taxi while there. We also find the staff to be so friendly and helpful, and I partially attribute that to the fact that they have the freedom to be more laid back and chill to go along with the HRH theme (but still very professional!).

Last edited:
Love Portofino. My daughters were in their 20’s and loved it too. We stayed at HRH years ago. When Tropical Storm Fay joined us, ugh. Never got to enjoy pool. But, I found the halls loud and echoed so when people past our room late at night we could hear every word of conversations. At Portofino I guess soundproofing was better. Never heard anything outside room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!