Hard Rock Vs. Sapphire Falls January 2020

We were at Universal from 1/9-14 this past year and it was busier than I expected. We have always stayed at Cabana Bay (and LOVE it) so have never had EP. Was it do-able with the EP? Yes. Am I thinking about booking an EP hotel for the same time frame next year? Yes. Part of this is because we were in town for the Disney marathon weekend (1/9-12 in 2020) and that cut into our park time this past year, but it was busy enough to make me think that it might be worth it. Added that you don't have access to single rider lines due to your kids' ages, I would lean towards staying with the Hard Rock.

Thanks guys:) Planning a "Universal" vacation vs "Disney" vacation seems a bit more compartmentalized. Lots of different variables to think about. Disney planning can be intense, but for some reason this feels different. It's nice to here some real world January travel experience; I appreciate you all:)

we did breakfast in the morning at club lounge got to the parks after rope drop . We did lunch in citywalk for two days ,since theres no lunch at the club lounge , but usually got in time to raid the chips and cookies before they took them down for the day. then back at it at the parks till 5 or 6 ....got dinner at citywalk and maybe grazed at the apps in the club lounge....you see we were very mobile and the hard rock was so close to parks and citiwalk we were all over the place.....and the heat was never a factor, so we jumped around enough until the parks closed. and they closed ealy ...like 6 ? or 7? and the other closed at like 8? or 9? during january....so we were back in the room usually for the dessert offerings....which the kids loved.....oh and the football playoffs were on one day, which we all hung in for......GO PATS

btw, weve been to disney for at least 1 to 2 weeks a year for the last ,say 12 years, stayed art riverside, AK , Poly, All Star sports, music ,movies,and our fav , beach club, for the proximity to 2 parks and boarwalk area...... the deluxe hotels at universal blows away any walk to the parks or citywalk.....and club level is affordable, where i could never pay north of 500 bucks a night at disney to get into a club level room.....weve been lucky enough to get a rate of like 375 a night at HRH and just booked aph rate of like 440 a night in july at PBH for their club level

Looks like you've made up your mind, but just to add, we would have chosen HRH too. The theme at HRH is better suited for kids those ages. Sapphire Falls is very pretty, but there's not much else in the way of a theme and the design features would be lost on kids. We also thought it felt more crowded than HRH.

We opt for EP no matter how high or low the crowds are when we go. It will allow you to sleep in, show up at the parks whenever you're ready, and tour the parks in any order you wish. No mad rush to a ride at rope drop. Its really the best way to tour the parks. To me, that flexibility and freedom is worth a little bit less space in the room where we don't spend much time anyway. And with 5 people to get ready in the morning, you'll be glad you're not rushing for rope drop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter