Hardest DVC Rooms to Get?

AKV club rooms are so hard, even at the 11 month mark

It’s not that I disagree but i have managed to get club level studios 3 times with transferred in points for Oct, Apr and may. All at 11 months out. If you know how to work the system anything is possible.

Makes me wonder if I can manage the same or if it will be easier or more difficult going forward.

More difficult going forward. As more and more points get sold, that's more and more members to contend with and many folks want the same things. Especially with prices to buy being so high, many new buyers buy small contracts and look for studios. I'd imagine the 1BR AKV club level are a tad easier than studios.

Thx, appreciate the help. I’ve stayed Kidani 2br ..but was curious if I could get a 2 bathroom unit ..with a 1 bedroom. Figured not but ya never know, lol.
It’s for 4 adults, and each couple wants a bathroom but one couple willing to use a pullout.
Oh well... back to multiple rooms again.
BLT 1 bedroom has 2 bathrooms.

Just curious, historically, how difficult is it to book at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge Villas in mid-late September 11 months out?

Got it. I guess what I should ask instead is has anyone here had difficulties booking for a September trip?

You could consider 1 beds if enough points, huge availability difference. Avoid Oct to second week Jan and major holidays, so September is fine (late September more difficult), and you can pretty much book any 1 bed you want. This includes Standard at Boardwalk, and I even see AKL value rooms coming up for 5 night stays at 7 months. Most difficult to get 1 beds on 7 months off season seem to be AKL Club (no surprise) and BLT Standard which are the only ones I would have to waitlist usually. I usually go July and August.

Just curious, historically, how difficult is it to book at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge Villas in mid-late September 11 months out?

Got it. I guess what I should ask instead is has anyone here had difficulties booking for a September trip?

You shouldn't have a problem if you book as soon as the 11 month window opens.

Most of the discussion re "tough to get " is really about the 7th month window. Exceptions are for club level (all year) and the least expensive booking categories (for BLT, VGF, BCV, BWV & AKV) between late September and Marathon weekend. Those can disappear shortly after the 11 month window opens. Historically, BRV studios go quickly at 11 months between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. I would also expect that to be true for CCV going forward.

Last edited:
Until all of CCV is declared (and it may be declared already), you just don't know.

I had to take a one bedroom at BCV for this Oct because I reserved 10 months 2 weeks instead of 11months to the day. No studios left for Oct 26 - Nov 2. Never had that happen before and I've stayed every year since it opened.

What would you say is the hardest DVC rooms to book at 11 months & 7 months during, let's say, October, November (not Thanksgiving week) & February.

I tried to choose less common months when schools weren't out for Christmas, summer and spring break weeks.
boardwalk, and Beach club villas are always difficult. I'm not sure why is the room at beach are meh, and the pool at boardwalk compared to all others is meh. I think it's the go to place for adults without kids for boardwalk, beach... I don't get it.

boardwalk, and Beach club villas are always difficult. I'm not sure why is the room at beach are meh, and the pool at boardwalk compared to all others is meh. I think it's the go to place for adults without kids for boardwalk, beach... I don't get it.
It’s the same principal with other real estate interests, location, location, location. Not dealing with the Frenemy Boat/buses after Fantasmic is priceless (and by that, I mean $145/pt on a 24 year contract, apparently).

That and because SAB.

We always find parking to be awful at the Boardwalk. Plus the walk up the incline to get to the main floor. Parking at BCV is so close to the villas and it's easy to find a parking space. BCV is closer to Epcot by walking than the BWV.

11 months: all AKV Club, Value
BWV Standard
BLT Standard

This really applies year round. Expect none of these at 7 months ever.

Fall Frenzy covers your fall dates, so, really, most studios will be gone at 7 months save at the big 3. BWV and BCV are very hard for studios outside home rwsort.

Do not assume October and November are low season. For DVC they are not.

February is, save for Princess weekend.

But 7 months is getting harder year round.

So AKL 2 bedroom values are hard to get? Year round? Summer? Doing some research. Thanks.

So AKL 2 bedroom values are hard to get? Year round? Summer? Doing some research. Thanks.
ALWAYS

All AKV Value 2BRs are lockoffs. That means when a studio gets booked, that's one less 2BR available. AKV Value studios are gone on or before 11 months.

I think Copper Creek studios have become one of the hardest to get. Funny, BRV tends to have plenty of availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!