Harnesses for twins in the park?

Bless you, Allie, for considering the safety and comfort of your children. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

By the way, I remember an episode of Modern Family where they were worried about Lily running away from the family at DL. Jay bought her some princess shoes with heels and she had to walk a lot slower just to walk.

Do what's best for your family. Don't worry a bit about what other people my saw or give you "the look". I have some friends whose son was a major runner. Until he was 9 or 10 he would just take off on his own. It was a harness on vacation or they could not go. Think of the kids 1st and people 2nd.

Hi guys,
Our holiday week is fast approaching! We fly out next week for our disney world trip! Everyone’s really excited but im still a little nervous about the harneses.
We’ve been using them very regularly with both DD7 and DS7 for the past few weeks. They know now that the reins are automatically if we are going anywhere really busy like the shopping centre or centre of town and otherwise its a one strike and they come out the handbag situation. Generally found that they have been needed, I feel we are much less vulnerable in crowds and crossing roads etc now when they have their harnesses on. They do get slightly embarrassed about wearing them from time to time, and i always give them the opportunity to remove them if they start to behave again (not in really busy places though). I can understand why they wouldn’t like them but they currently seem to need them?
Not quite sure how far to go with the harnesses next week? Can see them being useful in the airport and during park days but they asked last night whether theyd have to weat them in the village in the evening? We’ve got chest harnesses for both twins, and we have a wrist rein too which we may use with the older one.
Anyone got any advice or tips for dealing with the harnesses during our stay?

Go as far as your gut tells you to go?

I'm too busy wrangling my own monster to notice what other parents do with their kids.

When I was kid-free I REALLY didn't notice other people's kids (with the exception of the over tired meltdown where the parent is ranting about paying a lot of money).

Since you've been trying the reins out, and you find that they've been needed with your kids....well then, that's your answer.
Have a super trip!

Hi guys,
Our holiday week is fast approaching! We fly out next week for our disney world trip! Everyone’s really excited but im still a little nervous about the harneses.
We’ve been using them very regularly with both DD7 and DS7 for the past few weeks. They know now that the reins are automatically if we are going anywhere really busy like the shopping centre or centre of town and otherwise its a one strike and they come out the handbag situation. Generally found that they have been needed, I feel we are much less vulnerable in crowds and crossing roads etc now when they have their harnesses on. They do get slightly embarrassed about wearing them from time to time, and i always give them the opportunity to remove them if they start to behave again (not in really busy places though). I can understand why they wouldn’t like them but they currently seem to need them?
Not quite sure how far to go with the harnesses next week? Can see them being useful in the airport and during park days but they asked last night whether theyd have to weat them in the village in the evening? We’ve got chest harnesses for both twins, and we have a wrist rein too which we may use with the older one.
Anyone got any advice or tips for dealing with the harnesses during our stay?
One thing to keep in mind is you likely have to remove them for security at the airport. So definitely have one parent in the front and one bringing up the rear for that scenario. Other than that, you do whatever you feel will keep them safest. Have an awesome trip!

Hi guys, flew out yesterday and we start our Disney adventure tomorrow! Thanks for the encouragement, we decided to use the harnesses for DD7 and DS7. We put the harness part on them before transport to the airport and then attached the reins parts when at check-in. DD kicked up a fuss and tried to move away from us at first but she only served to prove why she needed the harness...
We had to remove them for security but apart from that they kept them on till we were on the plane and they then came back out again once we had landed. They seemed to work reasonably well, although I did have one woman who said rather too loudly “that those two were too old for a leash” which made me so angry. 😡😡.
We took the wrist rein with us too and actually used it with DS9 in departures when he was just too giddy to listen, and kept doing stupid things. He didn’t like that very much at all but it kept him safe, and I think Id do it again if he acted up again.

I think you’re amazing! Good for you! I have a chest harness and wrist one for my son. I haven’t used them yet, but I might. I’ll be damned if I give 1 **** about what people think about it too. That lady was (insert nasty word here), but don’t let it bother you. You are the parent and you know your kids best. I say bravo 🙂 Have a wonderful time!

I know it’s hard, but try to ignore people with negative comments. It’s not worth making you angry. Your kids safety is what’s important. Having kids with disabilities is a challenge and you will always have people who are ignorant about your situation try to make snide remarks. have A great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!