Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

We're planning our first Universal trip & I'm trying to figure out which HP rides I should avoid. I don't think I get motion sickness (I love Star Tours at Hollywood Studios). I can't spin & I don't like drops (but I tolerate some at WDW). I like the mine train, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, & I can't tolerate Space Mountain because my daughter loves it.

My husband can't tolerate teacups and certain other rides due to motion. He had no problem with anything at HP. I usually don't feel it but during Forbidden Journey was a teeny bit nauseous. I closed my eyes for a few moments and was fine. Both that and Escape stop and start a lot which helps.

We will be visiting during the holidays and I have a few questions...

We went there a few years ago and my husband could not fit on the ride for Forbidden Journey. He said the bar they pull down on top of you (the seat belt bar type thing, no clue what it's actually called) couldn't go over his shoulders. I did some research and it seems like many people can't fit on the right due to their shoulders being too wide. Has anyone else had experience with this? He would really like to ride it and it would be a shame for him to wait in line again, just to be told he can't ride it.

I would also like to know if anyone has more details on the holiday events they are doing for Harry Potter? I read their announcement on it, but they were pretty vague on what times entertainment would be happening, specifically the projection show onto Hogwarts. It's sounds really cool, but it'd be nice to know the timing so I can plan around it

Does anyone know if the new Hengist chocolate frog card is separated currently (ie so you can purchase him directly/specifically) or is he mixed in with everyone else right from the get go (so its just dumb luck if you get him or not).

Would love 2 for christmas gifts and am wondering how many chocolate frogs I'll need to buy when we get there 12/3......

THX

Hi. Forgive me if this has been asked previously, though does an interactive wand purchased in Universal Hollywood work in Orlando as well? I was thinking of bringing it for our trip next week, though don’t want to risk damaging it during travel if not.

Yes!
Hi. Forgive me if this has been asked previously, though does an interactive wand purchased in Universal Hollywood work in Orlando as well? I was thinking of bringing it for our trip next week, though don’t want to risk damaging it during travel if not.

Yes they will! Ours were purchased in Orlando and have been used many times in Hollywood where we have APs. One was even replaced in Hollywood when it broke. We're planning on taking them back to Orlando when we go in April.

these were taken yesterday at Hogsmead. The Frog Choir/TriWizard had to cancel 2 shows because they had no way of getting to the stage
26166914_1970970296563445_4861375830232250735_n.jpg

26168137_1970970339896774_2631315123398797084_n.jpg

Any tips for getting picked at Ollivanders? Does it matter if you go to IoA or USF’s Ollivanders?

It's my understanding that there is no real rhyme or reason to who gets picked. I've heard of people in decked out HP gear (robe and everything) getting picked and not getting picked. I've heard of random dads in their 40s getting picked. Seems like it's just kind of up to the TM.

How much of the queue does the EP lane skip in FJ and Gringotts both? Want to go through the whole thing and experience it all but don't want to necessarily wait in line forever...

How much of the queue does the EP lane skip in FJ and Gringotts both? Want to go through the whole thing and experience it all but don't want to necessarily wait in line forever...
at gringotts you dont miss too much. at fb you do miss a bit.

You can take you're time in both express lines - just let others pass you.

We went through the regular lines first ride and then always hit the express. But you can also do the opposite - use express to get to the ride quickly and then if you liked it go back through regular if you have time or want to.

Being on a tight budget, if we do not buy the park to park pass, can we still at least get close to the train to see the outside since we won't be able to ride it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!