Harvey Weinstein

I don't see them thanking him because they wanted to continue to work with him but rather to continue to work, and that is a big part of the problem.

The only solution is to believe children and women and take their claims seriously and that is not going to happen, so now what?

Video tape them? Oh wait, that does not work.

Record them? Nope, BTDT.

Live Stream? Ditto.

Exactly how are women and children supposed to get justice again?

THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

The only solution is to believe children and women and take their claims seriously and that is not going to happen, so now what?

Video tape them? Oh wait, that does not work.

Record them? Nope, BTDT.

Live Stream? Ditto.

Exactly how are women and children supposed to get justice again?

THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

I agree with you. My point was that part of the problem is that they feel it is necessary to do that in order to work and not be blacklisted.

Read an article about a female steelworker recently. Her way of dealing with on the job sexism was simple: if a co worker put out a fraudulent story that she slept with him, she put out her own spin saying that he was "inadequate" and not worth the time. Not my way but I admire her chutzpah.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:I love it. I have a feeling it stopped pretty quickly after she started talking about "their night together". Good for her.

Regarding the actresses thanking him in their acceptance speeches, Kate Winslet said that she was told numerous times that is she won she HAD to thank him. She purposely omitted him. I have a feeling the others were probably told the same thing. I don't think they were thanking them because they loved the guy. It was probably more intimidation and worrying about their career.

What did they do?

I wasn't speaking of their own pasts, directly as my point. I was trying to show how people aren't often the heroes in the story possibly because of issues with friends, families and themselves. Because people need to say more for this to ever stop. But there is a level of protection. I was trying to explain how that dynamic often works.

And at the time I was too drained to type it all out.

But in case it hasn't been answered ---

Casey Affleck has had allegations against him for years. I have no clue the level of those allegations.

Ben Affeck spoke out about Weinstein. He then had his own moment/moments?? of harassment come to light. (It is not the one that was an act by the way. She is a reporter in Canada that had this back and forth with him.)

And at the same time Rose McGowan called him a liar about not knowing about Weinstein. She stated that she went to him years ago about what Weinstein was doing.

Matt Damon, no allegations.

His is hard. And shows how we all can make wrong choices, possibly innocent choices, and blindly give support somewhere that maybe we should at least ask more questions first. Some more critical thinking is my point. I adore Matt Damon.

Here's the short story -----

Harvey Weinstein calls him up. Needs his help. Asks him to phone a newspaper/reporter because Weinstein states that the reporter is trying to cause problems for the Italian head of Miramax. Sort of can you put in a good word? Russell Crowe has put in a good word, can you Matt?

Well the story wasn't just about this Italian mogul. It was about Weinstein too. It was early on. The reporter was trying to link this Italian head of studio to covering up Weinstein's crimes in Europe.

So both Crowe and Damon give their glowing reports and somehow the story is stopped. Obviously there were probably some legal threats involved but the reporter stands firm that their statements helped squash it all. By the paper.

I don't know how much a reporter would say to someone giving a statement because they don't want to break their story. I am only uncomfortable because I am sure it wouldn't take much to find out what the slant of the story was about.

Last edited:

And the actress shown with Ben Affleck has spoken out, saying what is being shown was all an act. They are actors, after all.

The one in question is a Canadian entertainment reporter. And yes she came out to say that it was an act between them.

But unfortunately Ben did harass a young reporter. It came out after he spoke out about Weinstein. And he immediately apologized for his actions.

Rose McGowan has openly called him a liar for stating that he had no clue about Weinstein. Why? Because she told him years earlier. I assume to try to get him to help and speak out, given his connection to him.

Haven't noticed him being roasted by late night TV... :rolleyes1

The silence of the late night "comedians" is deafening....not that I watch them....but on reports I've seen of their hypocrisy.
I would shout fake news, but I guess that would be very bad of me. :rotfl2: And hypocritical since I posted my sadness about the slants. But I can't seem to get my fingers to stop pushing the keys.;)

I keep up with many late night shows and every single one has NOT been silent on Weinstein.

I haven't seen any of the late night comedians but smokeyblue has stated that they have commented. Haven't watched the one I watch the most yet, Chelsea, but I'm sure she's raring to go. I can't imagine that Trevor Noah is silent. Another that I watch.

Saturday Night Live approached it many times this weekend. The best for me being Colin Jost on Weekend Update and Kumail Nanjiani's simple comment at the end - Believe women.

Totally off topic but Kumail Nanjiani's monologue was supremely brilliant. People should google. How I adore that man.

Last edited:
I get what you are saying lisaviolet.

There is much more and then some about all kinds of producers, directors, actors, etc. You can immerse yourself in the Hollywood casting couch stories.

To me this is just more of the same. It is sickening at the level of "Catholic Church".

It also CRUSHES the point home that women and children are powerless from a legal standpoint.

It is also obvious that laws no longer protect citizens from sex crimes? It is like it is a "soft crime" as compared with armed robbery.

No easy answers.

Also found a response from Matt Damon over the allegations...(I still have to read it)

http://deadline.com/2017/10/matt-da...we-sexual-abuse-scandal-interview-1202185574/

Last edited:
I get what you are saying lisaviolet.

There is much more and then some about all kinds of producers, directors, actors, etc. You can immerse yourself in the Hollywood casting couch stories.

To me this is just more of the same. It is sickening at the level of "Catholic Church".

It also CRUSHES the point home that women and children are powerless from a legal standpoint.

It is also obvious that laws no longer protect citizens from sex crimes? It is like it is a "soft crime" as compared with armed robbery.

No easy answers.

Also found a response from Matt Damon over the allegations...(I still have to read it)

http://deadline.com/2017/10/matt-da...we-sexual-abuse-scandal-interview-1202185574/

I just read it. Thanks for the link.

Damon didn't know the slant of the story. He is innocent to that, absolutely. It is just very unfortunate and frustrating since it was 2004. I guess I am so much more --- I don't even know what the word is - unfortunately aware and knowing. I would be asking questions if I was phoned up by someone asking me to vouch for someone that I barely knew, or for anyone I was close to for that matter. He had contact with him on The Talented Mr. Ripley and had been to dinner at his home but he wasn't a friend. But then again, maybe he did ask a few questions. And who knows if I am speaking on my high horse about what I would do.

And to be clear, Weinstein lied and said it was a business type of attack.

He also went on to state that in his life before Hollywood he is/was someone to speak out. I don't know where his friend Casey Affleck falls into that statement. Meaning who knows.

Sad.

But on the other hand this has been a real eye opener for many.

As for the Catholic church well I thought nothing would shock me at this point in my life. But my God that documentary on Netflix, about the murder of the nun, was horrifically shocking to me.

Last edited:

No easy answers.

This part is so hard to figure out how to tackle. This is the one area where unfortunately I have little hope.

I wasn't speaking of their own pasts, directly as my point. I was trying to show how people aren't often the heroes in the story possibly because of issues with friends, families and themselves. Because people need to say more for this to ever stop. But there is a level of protection. I was trying to explain how that dynamic often works.

And at the time I was too drained to type it all out.

But in case it hasn't been answered ---

Casey Affleck has had allegations against him for years. I have no clue the level of those allegations.

Ben Affeck spoke out about Weinstein. He then had his own moment/moments?? of harassment come to light. (It is not the one that was an act by the way. She is a reporter in Canada that had this back and forth with him.)

And at the same time Rose McGowan called him a liar about not knowing about Weinstein. She stated that she went to him years ago about what Weinstein was doing.

Matt Damon, no allegations.

His is hard. And shows how we all can make wrong choices, possibly innocent choices, and blindly give support somewhere that maybe we should at least ask more questions first. Some more critical thinking is my point. I adore Matt Damon.

Here's the short story -----

Harvey Weinstein calls him up. Needs his help. Asks him to phone a newspaper/reporter because Weinstein states that the reporter is trying to cause problems for the Italian head of Miramax. Sort of can you put in a good word? Russell Crowe has put in a good word, can you Matt?

Well the story wasn't just about this Italian mogul. It was about Weinstein too. It was early on. The reporter was trying to link this Italian head of studio to covering up Weinstein's crimes in Europe.

So both Crowe and Damon give their glowing reports and somehow the story is stopped. Obviously there were probably some legal threats involved but the reporter stands firm that their statements helped squash it all. By the paper.

I don't know how much a reporter would say to someone giving a statement because they don't want to break their story. I am only uncomfortable because I am sure it wouldn't take much to find out what the slant of the story was about.

And if you google it, the reporter says Damon did not know what the story was about. She spoke to him for a couple minutes. She has endorsed what he says about the story. It was not stopped by him or Crowe but by the paper. So I don't see him doing anything wrong. He was asked his opinion and gave it, I think I would believe the reporter.

And if you google it, the reporter says Damon did not know what the story was about. She spoke to him for a couple minutes. She has endorsed what he says about the story. It was not stopped by him or Crowe but by the paper. So I don't see him doing anything wrong. He was asked his opinion and gave it, I think I would believe the reporter.

Yeah I said all that. We're in agreement.

I don't believe Matt Damon did anything wrong. Like he said he is not the story. My only point, moment of giving more thought, was innocently or blindly giving support to a story. And how unfortunate that was for everyone involved. Of which I then stated maybe I should get off my high horse about what choices I would make.

Oh I know:thumbsup2, just wanted to add the reporter's words to it. She tweeted she was incomplete agreement of what Damon said. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I know. And appreciate it. It's always good that someone doesn't read what I originally said and have it come off as him being complicit to anything. Because he wasn't. The full story is always the best.

Why is anybody in the "entertainment" industry surprised by this? Do they suddenly not remember the "casting couch?"

Why is anybody in the "entertainment" industry surprised by this? Do they suddenly not remember the "casting couch?"

They know, it is the pressure of not talking about and getting work. Even though it isn’t the focus of the book, The Godfather has a quite a description of what goes on in Hollywood. Not just the part with the Director.

I'm a little more peeved with his "victims" that decided to stay silent and further their careers as well as take pay outs instead of coming forward. He could have been stopped a long time ago. As a victim of sexual assault myself this hurts me most. Yes I'm glad the scumbag was finally revealed, but for these women to further their careers instead of report him? Lets just say I won't be watching any more of their films. These were all very strong women. Now I just know what to feel about them. I just don't understand. I came forward. It wasn't that hard. My attacker pissed me off when he did it. My only thought was to make him pay so he doesn't do what he did to me to anyone else. I guess thats not how it works with Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter