Has anyone booked a trip for 2 adults and then have that person decide not to go?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Sorry another question, but looking to go to Japan next year. My daughter is considering going but she is not sure of the cost. I am not sure if I should book for the 2 of us and then see about changing to a single traveler later on or book as a single and see if I can add her

It depends on whether you are ok losing her portion of the deposit if she cannot go. The deposits on ABD tours are only refundable within 14 days of when the deposit is paid. Also there is no guarantee they will have space for her later if you book as a single.

It depends on whether you are ok losing her portion of the deposit if she cannot go. The deposits on ABD tours are only refundable within 14 days of when the deposit is paid. Also there is no guarantee they will have space for her later if you book as a single.
I think I would rather lose her share of the deposit than not get a space for her later.

Keep in mind if she cancels you will then be paying the single supplement which is usually 40-50% of trip cost. You may want to subsidize part of her trip as it could cost you less overall anyway.

Keep in mind if she cancels you will then be paying the single supplement which is usually 40-50% of trip cost. You may want to subsidize part of her trip as it could cost you less overall anyway.
This. They will convert your reservation to a single, and you'll owe an extra 40%. If you offer your daughter that 40% (which you'd have to pay either way) maybe she'd commit to going.

Sayhello

I was wrestling with this same issue when booking Egypt, as my DH has reservations about my then 18yo DD going with me, but I wanted to keep that option open. I decided to go ahead and book for her. My TA did tell me that ABD has no issue with changing names on a reservation, so if I decide to go without DD (and don't want to lose her deposit and pay a single supplement), I can change out who is going with me on this trip (assuming I can recruit someone else). I think the most likely scenario, though, is that I'd just push both our deposits into a placeholder for a future trip.

Great minds think alike. My daughter is 32, single and employed but also taking classes to get her Master's degree. I told her what the price difference would be between my going by myself and for the 2 of us and told her she just needed to pay the difference. She quickly agreed. We decided on going from 7/5/20-7/15/20 we want to arrive a day early and then spend 2 nights at Tokyo Disneyland. I just booked with Dreams Unlimited, and I am very excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!