Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Violetspider- I LOVE all of your new designs! You are such a great artist! I'm sure your family will be ecstatic to receive them.
I was trying to narrow down designs for DH and I so I could pick magic band colors, then this virus came along... not sure if we're going to get to go at the end of April. We may have to reschedule for fall so I've got more time to think.

Violetspider- I LOVE all of your new designs! You are such a great artist! I'm sure your family will be ecstatic to receive them.
I was trying to narrow down designs for DH and I so I could pick magic band colors, then this virus came along... not sure if we're going to get to go at the end of April. We may have to reschedule for fall so I've got more time to think.
Thanks for the compliments! I'm beginning to think that our July dates are in jeopardy. I'm going to have all our bands finished by next week now that I've been put on the "work from home" list. I thought I'd never see the day for that to happen. Let's just hope that all this social distancing will help curtail the virus and Disney can open its gates again soon!

Last edited:

Next one was for my grand nephew. He loves Star Wars and like everyone else is really into The Child from The Mandalorian! I've actually taken the painted puck out of this older green band and added it to his limited edition Star Wars Galaxies Edge Magic Band. It looks a lot better in that band, but I didn't take a picture before giving it to him.

The Child Duo.jpg

Haven't posted here in awhile, but that's because I went to Disneyland for my annual trip last year...no Magic Bands...yuk! Having to keep my resort card, park admission card, Photopass card and credit card on hand all day everyday was a pain to say the least. Anyway, going to WDW in July unless Covid 19 has different plans. Have a number of bands on hand to paint, including a few each belonging to family members that never got painted in the past. Covid 19 social distancing has me painting up a storm right now.

Here is the first. My version of Ink & Paint to go with the Ink & Paint Mickey Ears that I made a few months ago.

View attachment 481525View attachment 481526
These are great!! Love the Rapunzel (DD’s fave too) but the Blackhawk one is great too! Like you, I’m glad to see folks still doing their own!

These are great!! Love the Rapunzel (DD’s fave too) but the Blackhawk one is great too! Like you, I’m glad to see folks still doing their own!
Thank you! I can't image not painted my bands. Not that the Disney ones aren't nice, but I hate that they only have images down the sides and not on the puck. I know that makes it more likely that guests will buy more bands to interchange puck colors, but the images really get lost on those bands. The puck is the focal point and should be painted IMO. I've never bought any one of the millions of decals that are now available either, which many are really awesome, but that too is just something that doesn't interest me. I wonder if they actually stay put in the Florida heat.

Next one was for my grand nephew. He loves Star Wars and like everyone else is really into The Child from The Mandalorian! I've actually taken the painted puck out of this older green band and added it to his limited edition Star Wars Galaxies Edge Magic Band. It looks a lot better in that band, but I didn't take a picture before giving it to him.

View attachment 489965

I LOVE this one! I am obsessed with Yoda, and now The Child, and you made a perfect reproduction. I bet it looks even better in the Star Wars band.

I'm now thinking of doing Star Wars ones for our trip that has now been moved to Sept. because this will be DH's and I's first time seeing that land. I just have to narrow down characters and designs.

I LOVE this one! I am obsessed with Yoda, and now The Child, and you made a perfect reproduction. I bet it looks even better in the Star Wars band.

I'm now thinking of doing Star Wars ones for our trip that has now been moved to Sept. because this will be DH's and I's first time seeing that land. I just have to narrow down characters and designs.
Thank you! I know what you mean about SW characters. There are so many great ideas in that universe. This will be my nephew's families first time in Galaxies Edge as well. I went to Disneyland in December and had the run of SW:GE. There were hardly any visitors when I was there. I got to do everything but ride Rise of the Resistance, as it wasn't open yet, so I'm really looking forward to that.

IMG_1841.JPG

Ok, now I'm just "lockdown" posting out of boredom and nervous energy. Here's my Star Wars band that I actually painted last summer but never got around to posting here. Seems I'm the only one posting pics right now, so I'll try to keep it going. I have two more bands on hand that can be painted.... :rotfl:

Star Wars Original Trilogy.JPG

Ok, now I'm just "lockdown" posting out of boredom and nervous energy. Here's my Star Wars band that I actually painted last summer but never got around to posting here. Seems I'm the only one posting pics right now, so I'll try to keep it going. I have two more bands on hand that can be painted.... :rotfl:

View attachment 492235
Mother.of.pearl. You painted that??? That’s frigging amazing and I don’t care how good your brushes are. I’ll have my blank bands in the mail in the morning.

😝

Has anyone ever laser engraved their magic bands? My friend has a home business and she just got into laser engraving Apple Watch bands. She is not sure if she could do the magic bands because a description I found of the bands says there are electronics inside. Is that just the puck part or are there any electronics in the band part too?

Attachments

• A0EE3292-499F-4CEF-8742-2FBA66A7712C.jpeg
    A0EE3292-499F-4CEF-8742-2FBA66A7712C.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 37

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!