Has anyone done Greece (Santorini) - worth it?

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
I'm debating spending $30K on this for my family....ahhhh! But I did a cruise once and we fell in love with Santorini and would love to go back. We had wished we had more time there (negative of a cruise) - I was looking at RCCL for a cruise stopping there next summer - would be close to $20K with airfare. I assume the ABD prices do not include airfare? Anyone have a trip report to look at? Thank you!

I did the Greece trip back in 2013, and it's my favorite out of 9 ABD's so far. I did have a conversation with CaliforniaGirl09 about the differences between when I took the trip (pre-economic down-turn) vs. when she took the trip (during economic bad times). Her experience was not as positive as mine. But I know someone who is on the trip right now, and is loving it, so hopefully that means things are better in Greece.

Anyways, it's a FABULOUS trip!! I totally loved it, and would highly recommend it! I did start a Trip Report, but I have unfortunately been neglectful, and never got past the day in Delphi. I do intend to finish it some day, but have to do my recent China trip first!

Oh, and the ABD prices do *not* include airfare (except for the internal flight to Santorini).

Sayhello

I'm debating spending $30K on this for my family....ahhhh! But I did a cruise once and we fell in love with Santorini and would love to go back. We had wished we had more time there (negative of a cruise) - I was looking at RCCL for a cruise stopping there next summer - would be close to $20K with airfare. I assume the ABD prices do not include airfare? Anyone have a trip report to look at? Thank you!

I did the Greece trip back in 2013, and it's my favorite out of 9 ABD's so far. I did have a conversation with CaliforniaGirl09 about the differences between when I took the trip (pre-economic down-turn) vs. when she took the trip (during economic bad times). Her experience was not as positive as mine. But I know someone who is on the trip right now, and is loving it, so hopefully that means things are better in Greece.

Anyways, it's a FABULOUS trip!! I totally loved it, and would highly recommend it! I did start a Trip Report, but I have unfortunately been neglectful, and never got past the day in Delphi. I do intend to finish it some day, but have to do my recent China trip first!

Oh, and the ABD prices do *not* include airfare (except for the internal flight to Santorini).

Sayhello

We did it last summer and really enjoyed it. I did a trip report: http://www.disboards.com/threads/abd-greece-2016-trip-report.3522516/

As SayHello mentioned, we really enjoyed the trip overall, but did find Athens a bit of a let down. Graffiti everywhere, dirty, couldn't use credit cards at restaurants, that kind of thing, but overall it's a great ABD. Loved Crete in particular and Santorini was beautiful. Food was absolutely incredible!

Athens a bit of a let down. Graffiti everywhere, dirty, couldn't use credit cards at restaurants, that kind of thing,

I remember that- DD is there now with a tour group from school- I made sure she had lots of Euro so she wouldn't get caught flat footed! That's one way Dis boards and trip reports are so helpful! Thanks :)

If you can spend more than a cruise day in Santorini, that is probably the better way to do it. We stopped there last month on a cruise, and hated it. There were 3 ships in port, the towns were packed liked sardines, vendors were pushy and rude. We did a private tour, which got us away a little but still had to wait an hour to take the cable car back down. The area can simply not support the number of cruise ship guests it is currently getting. And our guide kept saying how lucky we were to be there in May, before things got crazy!

I imagine if one could be there once the crowds have left, it would be an entirely different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter