Has anyone done the China Family Vacation?

BriarRose59

WDW Once Upon a Dream
My DD17 and I would like to join the China tour next summer but wanted some feedback from someone who as been. Did you enjoy the tour? Was there a mixture of ages? Were most of the "fun" things geared more towards the younger children?

TIA!

There are two trip reports - one by Tinkerbell on page 5 and one by me on page 6.

The minimum age on the trip is 8. There were 7 children aged 8-12. There were about 9 aged 15-24. The other 15 were 40+. All groups had a great time. It seemed like the 15-24 group had the most fun - they really bonded. But everyone had a fabulous time.

The fun things were not aimed at any one age group. There is the junior adventurer dinner which is a staple on all the trips - which is dinner and a Disney movie. Most people ended up watching the movie though.

Thanks abdmom! I did a search but kept coming up with info on the China pavilion at Epcot! We are really excited and wanted to check more into the trip before our 2 weeks was up to change our mind and get our deposit back.

I'm headed to check out the trip reports now!

Wow! It sounds like you had a great trip. We usually go with the flow, too, when things happen on trips. There is no sense in getting upset when there is nothing that can be done.

I see you took a notebook computer. How much of a hassle was that? I have an iPhone and was trying to decide whether or not to take a computer. I would like to be able to post pictures and I think that would be easier if I could use my notebook instead of my phone. I don't really like the cameras on camera phones, so I would rather post pics from my real camera. We have power converters having traveled overseas before, but I will try to remember about the power dips.

Are tennis shoes okay for touring or did most everyone wear sandals? We toured Italy in 2004 and were told not to wear tennies. When we got there a lot of people, including Italians, were in tennies. We are from Texas so while the heat may be uncomfortable, we are used to very warm temps.

Have you posted pics anywhere? I would love to see some of the pictures you took while on the trip. I looked at the 2009 itinerary and the Panda Breeding Facility is back on the schedule.

After reading your review, I wish they had added an extra day or 2 in Hong Kong for 2009, but they did not. We cannot stay longer since we have to be back for my niece's wedding the day after we get back. The international date line is coming in handy for us. We leave Hong Kong and arrive back at DFW on the same day!

Thanks again for your help.

Hi. We are from Texas and going to China next summer too! When are you guys going?

We are doing the June 14-26 trip. We are staying in Tokyo June 8-14 and doing Tokyo Disney. What about you?

Hey wow - we would have been with you guys, but one of the girls I work wanted to take vaca. during that time, so we moved to July12-24. We are planning a quick side trip to Tokyo too - as long as we are so close....:rolleyes1

What are you doing for flights? I have been looking into that but not quite sure. Do you have reservations at Tokyo DL? Nice to find someone doing this one too!

Keep in touch!

We have looked at both Delta and JAL. We have tickets booked on JAL right now, but are not confirmed because we are using the Amex buy one get one free business fare. The contract with JAL hasn't been extended through June yet so we are waiting for that to happen, then we will confirm.

We don't have reservations at TDL yet. The website doesn't have rates posted for next summer. My DD wants to stay at the MiraCosta because its inside the DisneySea park. I had wanted to stay in the new Disneyland Hotel, but this is her trip so I guess we'll just walk over and visit the DL Hotel instead.

Let's do keep in touch. We can exchange email addresses if you want. Just PM me. I don't want to post it on the boards.

My parents went on the China trip back in May. They absolutely LOVED it!!! They couldn't say enough nice things. I will have to tell my mom to get on the boards so that she can give you some more detailed information. But, their pictures were great and she still keeps in contact with other people that were on the trip.

Thanks, Ashley! I would love to hear from your mom and see some of her pictures!

I was in Charlotte for a bowling tournament in April of 2007. What a beautiful area!

Hi Ashley - would love to get a little input from your parents! I've only heard nice things about the China trip.

BriarRose - PM with my e-mail on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter