Has anyone else been told to keep their reservation?

disneyguy87

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I spoke with WDW Reservations yesterday about my 10 day stay in mid-May. I was inquiring about moving it, what would and wouldn't change. I expressed it would be a hassle to re-book all the extras but I would rather get a start on it so I dont miss out on reservations and what I could potentially replace if I book 6-7 months from now (I have multiple things booked like After Hours)

However, I was told if they were in my situation they'd keep the reservation for a "two more weeks" because there's a chance they'll "see me in a few weeks"

I was nervous and mentioned I was afraid I'd not get ADR's and events if I didn't act soon since it seems everyone is booking 6 months out but was told from the people he spoke to the dates of re-booking all vary and not to worry.

I spoke with the same person who helped me book this vacation so I valued their advice and kept it for now.

Did anyone else have a similar experience when calling WDW?

I have none at this time. My friend from Alabama has one for June. He was told to definitely keep it.

The people answering the phones know as much as we do on this board.

Which is nothing. No one knows when this is going to peak and subside to the point of relative safety, or what the national mood will be at that time. Everyone is dealing with educated guesses. Disney may have internal ideas when they think they'll reopen, but it's not in their hands.

Hi all, I spoke with WDW Reservations yesterday about my 10 day stay in mid-May. I was inquiring about moving it, what would and wouldn't change. I expressed it would be a hassle to re-book all the extras but I would rather get a start on it so I dont miss out on reservations and what I could potentially replace if I book 6-7 months from now (I have multiple things booked like After Hours)

However, I was told if they were in my situation they'd keep the reservation for a "two more weeks" because there's a chance they'll "see me in a few weeks"

I was nervous and mentioned I was afraid I'd not get ADR's and events if I didn't act soon since it seems everyone is booking 6 months out but was told from the people he spoke to the dates of re-booking all vary and not to worry.

I spoke with the same person who helped me book this vacation so I valued their advice and kept it for now.

i spoke with a CM several days ago. I asked her if I should in her opinion keep the reservation or cancel. SHE SAID IN HER OPINION KEEP IT. This was a WDW cast member. The first day is at Wilderness Lodge but the rest of the vacation is at Copper Creek using my DVC points. I kept the reservation. my decision, and I know that I am not past my banking window. My reservation is May 23-29.

I really hope that the CM and my hope are right and that those of us who still have May reservations will be able to enjoy Disney World. I hate to come to these boards and see so many "Debbie Downer" posts. It is refreshing to see someone who has hope for the best. Meaning that if WDW is open that means that hopefully as a whole the world is on the way to recovery.

Pixie dust

@bumbershoot True, but I have very little idea what dates those would be

@fsjking I know, I personally don't see it as a positive sign per se, I genuinely want to know if anyone else was told the same to see who else is in the boat with me. Even if they did reopen I would evaluate what changes they've made operationally and if it would make me want to move my vacation anyway.

I rescheduled our April 3-12 trip to May 21-30th. I made all my new FP+, all my dining etc. then logged on one evening to modify again and found out they froze reservations prior to June 1st and won't take any new ones either. So I called and was told the same thing. Be careful though, I posted it up on another thread and a few members got nasty with me. I won't cancel till Disney makes that decision for me. I was told by a someone I really trust that they would open May 19th and I posted about that also. Again I was told many times how wrong I am. Funny thing, the day after my May 19th "Prediction" (Not really a prediction since I was TOLD by a close contact that has never been wrong), Pete from The Dis Unplugged also said May 19th. Only time will tell!

I truly have no I’ll will here. We live 45 mins to DW and have a 3 night staycation set up for our daughter’s HS graduation 5/28-5/31 which fits into the normal Florida Annual Pass dates before blackouts.

I just really hope anyone planing to come to Orlando anytime in May should really reconsider for this one FOR areal reason. There has been a number of forecasts showing the Apex of the Coronavirus will hit Florida beginning on May 3rd and lasting / weeks. During this time the daily death toll in Florida will reach about 170-180 deaths a day.

having seen this data I truly believe DW will not even consider being open in May and most of us Floridains will he on a total lock down

Book your backup new ARDs now/whenever possible.

Honestly, if you could I’d book a hotel also + hold on to your original May trip. Disney has telegraphed to us they think they’ll re-open 6/1 because that’s as close a new reservation as they are allowing. Maybe May re-opening happens, maybe it doesn’t. Some states have already extended shutdowns into early May... CMs you are speaking to do not know anything about when this will end. Not. One. Single. Thing. None of them. Develop your game plan for both scenarios now.

Last edited:
I truly have no I’ll will here. We live 45 mins to DW and have a 3 night staycation set up for our daughter’s HS graduation 5/28-5/31 which fits into the normal Florida Annual Pass dates before blackouts.

I just really hope anyone planing to come to Orlando anytime in May should really reconsider for this one FOR areal reason. There has been a number of forecasts showing the Apex of the Coronavirus will hit Florida beginning on May 3rd and lasting / weeks. During this time the daily death toll in Florida will reach about 170-180 deaths a day.

having seen this data I truly believe DW will not even consider being open in May and most of us Floridains will he on a total lock down
Yes, this is the thing - whenever a states “peak” occurs, won’t we want to still be closed / shelter & place , restaurants closed, etc for the same amount of time after the peak occurs that we were shut down before the peak actually happens?
For example, in MN the governor issaying we will peak in June. And I said to myself, ***? That would mean 2 1/2 months after, putting us to September? Still too many variables too predict this thing!

Yes, this is the thing - whenever a states “peak” occurs, won’t we want to still be closed / shelter & place , restaurants closed, etc for the same amount of time after the peak occurs that we were shut down before the peak actually happens?
For example, in MN the governor issaying we will peak in June. And I said to myself, ***? That would mean 2 1/2 months after, putting us to September? Still too many variables too predict this thing!
No idea is this is accurate but maybe it will give you some hope if you type in your state. June peak sounds crazy... http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

The CM is presumably receiving commission on your booking, so naturally they want you to keep it at least until an announcement is made closer to your travel dates. Its in Disney's best interest to keep all reservations at this point so I can't see any CM recommending you change it, frankly.

I've read elsewhere that WDW has cancelled several special events like After Hours into May. Given that the free dining re-booking offer starts in June, the President is using early June as the current estimator for "normalcy", and the fact that the apex is expected to hit in NYC within a week (which is two weeks ahead of the rest of the country), I would say May is not looking good. We had re-scheduled our April trip to late May and were able to get all the ADRs and FPs we wanted. But, last week, we decided to move our May trip to October, and will just re-do everything at the 180 day ADR mark and the 60 day FP+ mark.

I’ve been told by my husband to keep our July trip. I’m not even sure about that, but am really hoping that we can go. My daughter will be so upset and she’s only 4, so it’s not like she’ll really understand.

FWIW...I canceled our May 3rd room only last month and the CM told me that was a good decision. I already had a Nov. room only booked so transferred the money to that reservation. It's going to be the decision of the Governor what will be open at a later date.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/disney-parks-and-resorts-update-april-4th/
Industry insiders feel that Disney is “fairly certain” they can open by June 1st.
I have no idea about May, but I don't think Disney would have started rebooking their guests that were forced to cancel starting June 1st under the free dining offer if there was a good chance they would have to cancel a second time. That would be a huge headache for Disney. I have no inside info, this is just a hunch. I assume Disney gets inside info from the government since they are basically their own city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts