Has anyone ever CALLED the room Controller?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Just reading thru Debs Facts sheet on the GF and someone had written that the roomcontroller actually prefer to be called vs faxed with room requests. Has anyone had any experience with this???

Haven't done anything lately, but about 3 years ago I tried to call the room assigner at VWL on two occasions, and the person at the switchboard wouldn't connect me. I can't recall the reason, but it sounded pretty lame, and I was reading that other people had called directly. (We still love the VWL and bought DVC there, so this was just a puzzle to me, not a big deal.)
I spoke with a wonderful room assigner at the Contemporary 4 years ago, and she was very helpful and gave us a MK view room on an upper floor, as requested. We were already at Disney and just switching rooms, so I spoke with her a couple days ahead.

We have tried to call the ontroller we were told to fax. Like all things depends on who you get to talk to. Good luck
:p :bounce:

I was wondering the same thing. I have booked a room only with WDW and a pre-cruise pkg. with DCL. I want to tell the room controller that we have a continueing reservation and would like to stay in the same room. My TA said that when she was talking to Disney they said the cruise info. wouldn't get to the resort until 2 days before our arrival and they suggested calling rather than fax 4 days before arrival. What do you think?

We have done both call and fax. The room controller would not talk to us so we spoke to someone else. Even then we still had to tell the room clerk when we check in. Sometimes they do not have the all or any of the information. Wonder why must we fax if they do not read the faxes. Do both and also have your TA do the same for you maybe then someone will get info. Good luck
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:

I always fax and usually have good results. I like to list my first requests and then list alternates if the first ones are not available.

Last Nov we traveled with another family. I wasn't at all sure that our ressies had the correct info on them(had problems earlier). I didn't want anything to go wrong since I was the one in charge of all the planning. I called the resort (POR) directly about 3 days before our arrival date. I explained to the person that answered that I had some concerns regarding our ressies. She said 'Oh, that wouldn't be me you need to talk to. Let me switch you over to the room controllers.' And he was extremely helpful. And, after all that, our ressies were perfect! Maybe my being switched over to the controller was a fluke!!!

I still will probably fax our requests. I was just hopping that this year they might actually be granted. My DH is convinced it is because we have the AP rate we always get a lousy room...I'm begining to believe him,lol!

We always have an AP rate or a Fl resident rate and generally get great rooms, so I don't think your DH is right on this one DisOrBust.

I believe you have a better chance of getting an upgrade or a good view by NOT faxing or phoning. I did that a few times and NEVER once got what I wanted, in fact my rooms were generally less desirable.

So I quit faxing or calling and let the chips fall as they may and my room quality has been great ever since. Also, we stay 20-24 nights per year (8-10 trips) so I have a lot of results as background...

I think the only time it's SMART to fax a request is for a legitimate necessity (handicap room, adjoining rooms, smoking room, etc.) otherwise I think you're considered a pain in the neck to them and WILL generally get a less desirable room.

JMHO...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Looks like I will be calling them tomorrow, as the Fax Machine at work is down.:rolleyes: I just want a certain building, non-smoking, 3rd floor.;)

Has anyone just put there rquests on the reservation...maybe I should try that...

We always tell them what we want when we make a reservation. Then always back it up with a phone call if we can to the room controller then a fax. We are surprised if they fill our requests never hurts to ask sometimes you get lucky. Remember many are asking for special requests also , Disney can't fill all the requests.Good Luck
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
MickeyMinnie.gif

If I make any requests, I do it when I make the reservation. So far we haven't had a bad room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter