• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever joined the Rainforest Cafe Safari Club

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
at Disneyland? Does it still cost $15 - Do you get the $10 off coupon at that point of enrollment? Thanks!

JanetRose said:
at Disneyland? Does it still cost $15 - Do you get the $10 off coupon at that point of enrollment? Thanks!

We joined several years ago. It is so worth it IF you plan to go more than once in your life. I don't remember if we could use the discount immediately but we have used it many times since then. We use it every time we go to the parks both in CA and FL plus have used it in Las Vegas and San Francisco. We don't use it for the 10% discount but use it for the free appetizer instead. I my opinion that is the better deal for our family of 4. We also love the quick walk up and get a table vs. having to call for reservations. Do a search of this on these boards. There was a thread recently about this same subject.

The benefits begin immediately (priority seating, 10%/appetizer, etc.), but the $10 coupon comes in the mail later. When I called RFC corporate in Nov, they told me it would be SIX to EIGHT WEEKS before the coupon arrived. Since we would only use the coupon on vacation, and we were well within six weeks of our DL vacation, we opted not to join the Safari Club this time. We had a 5 pm reservation on a Monday in December and had about a five minute wait without any "priority."

We may reconsider if we decide we like RFC and want to use it on our upcoming WDW trips (the jury is still out on if we like it that much). The $15 joining fee is for a lifetime of benefits, so if you believe you will use it in the future, it might be worth it . . . but not for a once-in-a-lifetime thing if you won't have the $10 coupon by the time your vacation arrives.

JMO, of course. YMMV.

Disney Hot Mama said:
We also love the quick walk up and get a table vs. having to call for reservations.

do you mean that if i join the safari club and i go when they have no reservations available and its packed, that I can walk up and they will seat me before any of the people who dont have safari club membership?

JanetRose said:
So you could get a free appetizer every trip?
That's correct. We've had our membership for over 2 years. You actually get the option at every visit to either get 10% off total bill (excludes alcohol) or a free appetizer valued at $7.99 (i think). They've told us in the past that if we wanted a more expensive appetizer, they'd deduct $7.99 off the total bill. We've definitely got our value out of the membership. As others have written, you get a $10 gift certificate upon joining (mailed to you). On your birthday and anniversary of joinging safari club, they also mail you a $5 gift certificate. We've also randomly received mailers for free "volcanoes" as well. We'll be using our $5 gift certificate on our trip at the end of the month. Along with the free appetizer (i eat this as a meal), dh, ds(8) dd(5) and I can easily be fed for under $30

disneegrl4eva said:
do you mean that if i join the safari club and i go when they have no reservations available and its packed, that I can walk up and they will seat me before any of the people who dont have safari club membership?

At the DL, DD location, which is always packed, with a Safari Club membership, your wait time is half the time of non-members. Also, you can save yourself a little time and learn from my mistake--go right to the elephant desk to check in, not the first desk that non-members line up for.

Yes, you get a free appetizer or 10% the bill every time you go, yes, you get to move to the head of the line if you're a member--any RFC anywhere! Plus, they send you $5 coupons for your birthday, anniversary, whatever. We don't go very often, but we enjoy it, and the Club is a fantastic deal.

Can you only get one free appetizer per day? Could you just order a free appetizer and a drink and have a meal for the price of the drink-I love their Crab dip!

JanetRose said:
Can you only get one free appetizer per day? Could you just order a free appetizer and a drink and have a meal for the price of the drink-I love their Crab dip!

I don't beleive you have a limit to number of uses per day. But, I do beleive you must order at least 1 adult entree in order to get the free appetizer.

Is the only way to join in person, or can you call to join?

I was told that you had to actually join in person at a restaurant - not on their web site and not over the phone - but that the benefits started the minute you signed up.

Kathy

I'm off to DL, Las Vegas and WDW this August... SO I thought I'd join the Rainforest club because I wanted to try each Cafe in each area :) I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on the website that you must join in person... It's a shame that you don't get the voucher earlier :( Can the voucher be used by other people? I'm from Australia so I doubt I'll ever get to use it... I'd like to give it away if / when it shows up if that's possible...

If you tell them you want to join right when you get there, will you be seated right away?

Carol... You want necessarily be seated right away, but your priority will be moved ahead of any non-members... I think someone mentioned earlier that you expect it to halve your normal waiting time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter