Has Anyone Ever Taken Their Camera Parasailing?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
I was reading at the Sammy DuVall (sp?) website. They are the ones that do the parasailing. It says on there that you can take your camera with you, and it is at your own risk if you take the camera up into the air with you. Anyone ever done the up in the air thing? I bet you could get some awesome pictures!!

I went flying last spring it was great. I thought about taking a camara but I didn't. It is very smooth and dry so that is not an issue. However when you are up there you should hang on to the straps.

We didnt do it at WDW, but we did at Castaway Cay. We brought a disposable camera specifically for that. We had no other pictures on the camera beforehand, just in case. It was actually very easy to hold on to and we got some great shots. We also had the video camera on the boat so while I went up DH videotaped me and while he went up I taped him. Not being able to go together due to weather conditions did work to an advantage there. ;)

We took the camcorder with us and got the most amazing video footage. Not only did it show the incredible view, but it also captured the screaming on the way up and the talking (tandum flight) during the flight. Turned it off mid-way to just enjoy, but it's priceless hearing and seeing such a great adventure.

My son did this very thing this past Thursday. We treated him to parasailing as part of his 21st birthday. He took his videocamera up with him and it was no problem. He bought his own camera, so he knew the ramifications if it was dropped. I have not seen the video yet, but he reviewed it and thought it was great.

Like CamColt I took my digital up with me on Castaway Cay...I got some great shots of the Wonder while I was up there and was glad I took it. DW was less than excited when she saw it around my neck as I stood up to get hooked in....:rolleyes: but when she saw the shots afterward, she was a lot happier:hyper:

just don't take a polaroid camera! I have a friend that did without thinking....he had a hard time trying to catch the pic's as they popped out of the camera! I laugh at him alot for that one!!!!!

The whole family did the parasailing six years ago and had a great time. We did not take a camera up on the ride. You can get some great shots up there. A throwaway camera may be a good idea unless you want to zoom or some wide angle shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter