Has anyone ever used the bus system?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Recently, I lost my job, but my whole trip is booked and paid, and I purchased no insurance (I thought I had job stability). I have decided to go on my trip anyway and depend on my savings. Anyways, I have read somewhere that the bus and I-trolley are really cheap and reliable. I was looking for a transport to get me from the airport to my hotel (Comfort Inn LBV), and came across some information on the Lynx Bus System. For $1.25, I can get to DTD on the bus for the same or less amount of time on Mears (or so the site reads).
I wanted to know if any of you have used the Bus system down there before and if you think it would be a good idea to use it (travelling solo).
As for the I-trolley, I was going to use the free transportation from the hotel to get to I-drive and proceed to use the I-trolley there. It's $.75 each way. I figured that I could save money for the price to rent a car, and I could depend on public tansportation and then not have to worry about driving in a city I don't know and not risking the chance of getting lost.
What does everyone think? Has anyone else tried this?
Let me know your opinions.
Jo

sorry you lost your job, you are really going to enjoy your vacation!

while i have never taken the bus, here is my take on things.

i would think that the bus would be okay if you didnt have alot of luggage. i dont think that the busses have the space on the bottom like the mears does. i dont blame you for not wanting to rent a car.

as far as you traveling by yourself, i would think you would be safe.( just dont talk to strangers;) )

goodluck, and let us know how it goes!!

i'm traveling solo july 2-9, flying in, staying at okw. i'm a bargain hunter and like and adventure. it appears that i can take the bus #42 from the airport to the publix on vineland, arriving about 30 minutes after i leave the airport. there i'll pick up some groceries and take a cab to okw (about 5 miles). i'm buying a bus pass for the week ($10) for any subsequent trips to the publix or walmart on 192. another bus line (#51 i think) leaves from the wdw transportation center and travels all the way to the mall on #192.

i've never done this, but think "what the heck.' i think it'll be fun as well as cheap. i like figuring out stuff like this too.

i'm taking mears back to the airport.

here's the lynx site with all the lines and schedules. there's also the international drive trolley (i think this is a private company), runs up and down international drive.

www.golynx.com
www.iridetrolley.com

My DB used Lynx from the Airport to DTD then from DTD to POFQ.

He said that although it was cost effective it took a LONG TIME but really... anytime is a long time when you are on your way to the world.

Have a good trip!
And here's some Pixie Dust for finding another Job

:crazy:

ChrisJo,

i noticed that you mentioned that you didnt have trip insurance. does that mean that you would like to cancel your trip? IF SO, then Disney will let you cancel up to 45 Days out with no penalty. the only thing that they usually dont refund is the insurance!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter