Has anyone had a room at disney that smelled of perfume

cottontail

DIS Veteran
We are looking at going back to wdw. Our last trip staying at our favorite resort Port Orleans Riverside the rooms (we had connected) smelled very highly scented like perfume. As a result our daughter had daily migraines and we had to leave after only a few days of our ten night trip. I'm just wondering if housekeeping sprays something when cleaning. I don't want to go through this again.

Deb.

No, I haven't had that problem, and I'm very sensitive to scents.

Though my stay in the Swan the room was very musty smelling. I cranked the air up, sprayed the room with febreeze, and left for an ADR. That seemed to clean the air.

Maybe ask for no housekeeping? I know they still will have to do the room check at some point, but tell them you need only trash and towels. You may also want to take or send a room air purifier with you.

We are looking at going back to wdw. Our last trip staying at our favorite resort Port Orleans Riverside the rooms (we had connected) smelled very highly scented like perfume. As a result our daughter had daily migraines and we had to leave after only a few days of our ten night trip. I'm just wondering if housekeeping sprays something when cleaning. I don't want to go through this again.

Deb.

I've never had this issue. The only time a room really had a smell was once at CSR when there was a strong smell of cleaner but it aired out by our first night.

I'm also very sensitive to smells.

i have not had this issue. However, a number of people always post about bringing one of those plug-in air fresheners to scent the room, so that upon return home that scent will always remind them of their trip. Perhaps, the people in the connecting room were doing this. Those things can be very strong sometimes.

Not perfume but I've had musty (it's Florida, it's in a swamp, it's expected) and in December our room at CSR smelled like pot. We just turned the fan on after a day it was fine.

Perfume no, musty yes. I have a mold allergy and they used to do a special allergy cleaning. Not sure if they still do. I think I have heard of scent - free cleaning around these boards. The air purifier is a great idea.

Not at Disney, but another hotel, I had this issue once with Men's cologne. It smelled as if an entire bottle spilled on the carpet.
I had to get a room switch.

No perfume smell here either. It may have been that someone had a plug in during the stay prior to you or if you had a connecting room someone there may have had one or had been spraying something. I am also very sensitive to smell and can get migraine's from certain scents so I understand how annoying that can be.

I haven't experienced it - could keeping the door open for some time help to 'air' it out?

Yes - we had a heavy perfume scented room at Pop before (years ago). I also ended up with a migraine. I think someone spilled perfume vs a cleaning agent. I've stayed at other Disney properties since the "perfume room" and have been fine

It was probably a warmer - the room next to ours was using a scentsy warmer during our last trip - it’s on our list of things to bring this time

Many hotels have an ionizer that can be placed in your room if there is a perfume or smoke odor you need to get rid of.
You can call housekeeping or the front desk to have it brought to your room.
Sorry you had to cut your vacay short last trip OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!