Has Anyone received a refund for (non-package) park tickets?

My Disney after hours tickets for first week of June were refunded.

I understand that when you purchase the tickets, its clearly stated that they are non-refundable and/or exchangeable - (most tickets are-concerts, sporting events, fheatre)
However, given the current situation has anyone called and successfully received a refund ? ( either because Disney cancelled your dates, OR you decided not to go at this time, due to concerns over the virus and/or restrictions that are going to be in place ?)

I ask because I've had tickets for shows (Broadway , for example) that I could not attend (when the show WASN'T cancelled) that I was able to get a refund for, due to weather, illness, etc - when the virus first became prevalent, and Broadway wasn't yet shut down, I would not take mass transit, and had my money refunded -

Does Disney (other than -- "that's their policy") have a reason for only offering a credit , or allowing buyers to use the ticket for a later date? Is it a processing issue, or something else ? Getting back to Broadway, it's basically a rule that if the lead in a show, ( that is listed on the marquee) is out sick, ( or unplanned absense), the ticket holder can request a refund - kind of similar situation as the ticket buyer was expecting one experience when they purchased their tickets (in good faith) and, unfortunately, the experience would change. ( might just add that I've seen understudies that turned out to be better than the leads)

Thanks for any reply !

My Disney after hours tickets for first week of June were refunded.
Thanks ! I'm sure my tix for the dessert party for July 20 will be refunded, but in was concerned about my park tickets - $1800 nothing to sneeze at !

We had four day park hopper tickets, but at convention rates. I also had memory maker. I don't know if it was because our convention was cancelled, even though it was rescheduled for "same time next year", but I was able to get a full refund for both tickets and memory maker. The CM I first contacted had to go higher up, though.

Yes, my friend and I both received a refund of our tickets for Memorial Day weekend. She had purchased direct from Disney, I had purchased via Expedia. We were staying on a DVC reservation.

I had purchased a two-day park hopper for my sister for a trip she and I were supposed to take in April for Flower and Garden. I have an AP, so I have no use for the tickets and I wanted my money back. I did a chat on the website and asked about a refund. At first, they tried to give me the "it's good until December or you can use it toward the purchase of another ticket later" spiel, but I straight up said that I wanted a refund. She said they don't normally do refunds, but because of the cancellations and because I asked directly for it, they would give me one. It took about a week for the ticket to disappear from MDE and for me to get my money back on my credit card.

Contact Undercover Tourist to get a refund. There are multiple threads on DIS about getting a refund through UT.
I just called Disney ticketing directly, as some people had reported Disney refunding third party tickets. The CM I talked with was very nice, but said I must contact Undercover Tourist.

I’m a bit frustrated that UCT is charging a 5% fee to refund, while Disney is refunding completely. I would assume that means UCT is being made whole by Disney, but maybe they aren’t.

I just called Disney ticketing directly, as some people had reported Disney refunding third party tickets. The CM I talked with was very nice, but said I must contact Undercover Tourist.

I’m a bit frustrated that UCT is charging a 5% fee to refund, while Disney is refunding completely. I would assume that means UCT is being made whole by Disney, but maybe they aren’t.

The reports I read about Disney refunding third party tickets are for gift cards only. I haven't seen anyone refunded to their credit card or "cash" since Disney has no way of verifying the method of payment. At one point, UCT was waiving the re-stocking fee (that's what the 5% fee is) but it doesn't seem like they are anymore.

The reports I read about Disney refunding third party tickets are for gift cards only. I haven't seen anyone refunded to their credit card or "cash" since Disney has no way of verifying the method of payment. At one point, UCT was waiving the re-stocking fee (that's what the 5% fee is) but it doesn't seem like they are anymore.
I would be fine with a gift card, as that has more options for use than just tickets, but the CM I talked with did not offer that option. I didn’t think to ask. She was nice, but firm, that I needed to talk directly with UCT.

Just off the phone with the sweetest CM
Got full refund for park tickets - was offered extension to12/20 to use tickets, but explained could not go back this year , and was not a problem with refund

Does anyone know (from experience) the estimated/approximate processing time for a refund for park (admission) tickets - ?

I ask because I called last week, and was given a refund (no questions asked) for my July trip - However, that was from the resort dept, and they had to send the ticket refund info to ticketing dept. Called today just to make sure they received the request, and they couldn't even check ? ( was told that the request sits in a waiting queue, and even the CM s can't see it in their side )
Was told usually 1-2 billing cycles , so could be 4-6 weeks, and I would receive an email when the refund was being processed and allow 7-10 days from date of email
Thats fine - but was a little concerned (but not surprised) that they couldn't even see if they had the refund request .

Was not expecting the refund back yet - I know it can take some time, and that's ok
(I did receive refunds for hotel and dessert party in lightning fast time (2 days)
Anyone with any recent experience ?
Non- package ticket, purchased from Disney

TIA !

I had two adult Florida resident tickets (unused). First they extended the usage date to July 31.

I had bought my tickets through undercovertourist and they gave me a refund less 15% (I think it was).

Does anyone know (from experience) the estimated/approximate processing time for a refund for park (admission) tickets - ?

I ask because I called last week, and was given a refund (no questions asked) for my July trip - However, that was from the resort dept, and they had to send the ticket refund info to ticketing dept. Called today just to make sure they received the request, and they couldn't even check ? ( was told that the request sits in a waiting queue, and even the CM s can't see it in their side )
Was told usually 1-2 billing cycles , so could be 4-6 weeks, and I would receive an email when the refund was being processed and allow 7-10 days from date of email
Thats fine - but was a little concerned (but not surprised) that they couldn't even see if they had the refund request .

Was not expecting the refund back yet - I know it can take some time, and that's ok
(I did receive refunds for hotel and dessert party in lightning fast time (2 days)

TIA !

TIA !
I’m in the same boat. Called last week and asked to cancel five 6-day park hoper tickets. They said that was fine, took all the relevant details to fill out a ‘form’ that would be sent to the refund department, and told be there was a back-log but they should get to it in 72 hours but that it would take a while to see the refund. I chatted today through MDE as I can still see the tix in my MDE account, and was told that they did not have access to the refund request, but that things are taking a while.

I’m in the same boat. Called last week and asked to cancel five 6-day park hoper tickets. They said that was fine, took all the relevant details to fill out a ‘form’ that would be sent to the refund department, and told be there was a back-log but they should get to it in 72 hours but that it would take a while to see the refund. I chatted today through MDE as I can still see the tix in my MDE account, and was told that they did not have access to the refund request, but that things are taking a while.
For the life of me,.I can't understand how their system can not even confirm If they have the refund request ! So, hypothetically, let say after three weeks I don't see anything (and I understand it could take longer) and I contact them, and they tell me nothing shows in their system - three weeks would have passed, and I basically have to start over and wait another 4-6 weeks ? That's just a horrible system

Just live chatted (and again- only trying to find out If the cancellation request was even sent to correct dept )
My tix also.still showing up on MDE
Was told could be awhile
Asked for a timeframe for even receiving the email that cancellation request was received, and was told - "sorry, but no timeframe" is available right now
I'm sorry , and I understand that these are unprecedented times, but I just seems like Disney is totally holding onto funds for as long as they can.
Received refund for dessert party in less than 2 full days
Refund for hotel in 2 days
$1800 tied up in park tickets and was told yesterday could take up to two months ?

The ticket refund system is so frustrating right now - just chatted (kind of funny - CM came on, and wrote the jungle cruise spiel - was kind of funny - but it's really hard to get a straight answer from anyone regarding a timeframe, other than 1-2 billing cycles - my tickets are still showing up on MDE and today showed an extension date to Sept -
So, not even sure if they put thru my request ( no email is sent until right before your refund is processed (from what I'm told) - and they can't check to see if your request was even received -
I totally understand that they are swamped with cancellation requests right now, but I am starting to think it's a money/ticket price issue -
I would assume that more hotels are booked than ticket orders - you have people that do resort only trips and people that book their hotels and wait to purchase tickets when their FP date is approaching .(and AP people) So, in terms of processing cancellations, would assume more hotel refunds - (could be totally wrong)
I know five groups of ppl - ( incl family) that had to cancel trips and their hotel refunds were received in 2-3 days)
Ours took 2 days (dessert party as well )
Anyone else waiting ?
(Sorry for the mini-rant !!!)
Not desperate for the money, just don't understand the processing - and especially the fact that they have no way of telling if the request was even received -

The ticket refund system is so frustrating right now - just chatted (kind of funny - CM came on, and wrote the jungle cruise spiel - was kind of funny - but it's really hard to get a straight answer from anyone regarding a timeframe, other than 1-2 billing cycles - my tickets are still showing up on MDE and today showed an extension date to Sept -
So, not even sure if they put thru my request ( no email is sent until right before your refund is processed (from what I'm told) - and they can't check to see if your request was even received -
I totally understand that they are swamped with cancellation requests right now, but I am starting to think it's a money/ticket price issue -
I would assume that more hotels are booked than ticket orders - you have people that do resort only trips and people that book their hotels and wait to purchase tickets when their FP date is approaching .(and AP people) So, in terms of processing cancellations, would assume more hotel refunds - (could be totally wrong)
I know five groups of ppl - ( incl family) that had to cancel trips and their hotel refunds were received in 2-3 days)
Ours took 2 days (dessert party as well )
Anyone else waiting ?
(Sorry for the mini-rant !!!)
Not desperate for the money, just don't understand the processing - and especially the fact that they have no way of telling if the request was even received -

The problem is that you have multiple CMs working from home with different types of access. Why don't you wait the 4-6 weeks before calling again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!