Has Anyone received a refund for (non-package) park tickets?

The problem is that you have multiple CMs working from home with different types of access. Why don't you wait the 4-6 weeks before calling again?

I can totally understand that - it's not so much the timeframe - it's the fact that they can't check to see if they even have your cancellation request - and from what I'm told (by Disney ) , that is the normal procedure, and has nothing to do with the current situation -
Totally get what you are saying, but let's assume someone (there are a ton of ppl in same situation) waits another 4-6 weeks and calls (or chats) - and disney DOES manage to check and you are told that your request was never sent for processing - now you have to wait another 1-2 billing cycles ?
Honestly, can't think of one other retailer ( for sake of
argument, let's consider Disney to be a retailer /service provider) that can't tell you (at any given time) if a refund request was received - they might tell you nothing might appear until a few days -- but Disney is saying that can't tell you at all, because their system doesn't show that info
I just find it weird, but just going to let play out

I can totally understand that - it's not so much the timeframe - it's the fact that they can't check to see if they even have your cancellation request - and from what I'm told (by Disney ) , that is the normal procedure, and has nothing to do with the current situation -
Totally get what you are saying, but let's assume someone (there are a ton of ppl in same situation) waits another 4-6 weeks and calls (or chats) - and disney DOES manage to check and you are told that your request was never sent for processing - now you have to wait another 1-2 billing cycles ?
Honestly, can't think of one other retailer ( for sake of
argument, let's consider Disney to be a retailer /service provider) that can't tell you (at any given time) if a refund request was received - they might tell you nothing might appear until a few days -- but Disney is saying that can't tell you at all, because their system doesn't show that info
I just find it weird, but just going to let play out

did you ask the CM you spoke with for a reference number when he or she told you that they would be putting the paperwork in for a refund?

If I didn’t get a refund within the specified time period, I would call again before escalating it with my credit card company. But I wouldn’t call every few days asking the same question when I know that all of their employees are working from home with different levels of access to different portions of the system.

it's the fact that they can't check to see if they even have your cancellation request - and from what I'm told (by Disney ) , that is the normal procedure, and has nothing to do with the current situation
That may well be correct because under “normal” conditions tickets are not refundable. Only under special circumstances are non-package tickets refunded and that likely requires a separate review process to which an average phone CM would not have access. They escalate it and someone else acts on the request.

did you ask the CM you spoke with for a reference number when he or she told you that they would be putting the paperwork in for a refund?

If I didn’t get a refund within the specified time period, I would call again before escalating it with my credit card company. But I wouldn’t call every few days asking the same question when I know that all of their employees are working from home with different levels of access to different portions of the system.

Just to clarify - I called twice - the initial time was to request the refund - sweetest cm (as I posted previously) and she said she had to send the request for processing to the ticketing department -
I asked for cancellation confirmation number and she told me that they don't provide those for ticket cancellations - I was ok with that, because I assumed I would get an email confirmation ( have always received them before (received one every time ive cancelled an ADR (- most recently for the dessert party)
When I cancelled the hotel reservation, received one as well
When I didn't receive an email I called again, and was told I wouldn't receive one - at that time, I just asked if they could verify if they received the request ( basically because the first cm that I spoke with basically dealt with hotel reservations, but was nice enough to help me with the park admission refund, however, she did have to send the request to ticketing -
Was told initially to expect the refund in 7-10 business days

Again, didn't have a problem with the timeframe - really just wanted to make sure ticketing received the request - and I totally understand that the CMS are working from home with different access. Almost all retail/service industries are right now -
However, from what Disney has told me, this is not a matter of different CMs having different access - this is normal procedure - they don't have the ability to check to see if a cancellation request is in the system - was told it just goes to a "processing queue"
I'm sure it will all work out

That may well be correct because under “normal” conditions tickets are not refundable. Only under special circumstances are non-package tickets refunded and that likely requires a separate review process to which an average phone CM would not have access. They escalate it and someone else acts on the request.

Yep, from what I was told by original CM, (without putting it in writing) they relaxed cancellation rules given the current guidelines/changes that had to be implemented

I received a refund back in March for tickets purchased directly from Disney (not part of a package). The CM gave me a cancellation number and told me the refund would take 7-10 business days.

I received a refund back in March for tickets purchased directly from Disney (not part of a package). The CM gave me a cancellation number and told me the refund would take 7-10 business days.

Yep. Mine purchased from Disney as well - not package - that's what concerned me - assuming things are different now, but I remember a number of ppl on the boards saying they received cancellation numbers as well - that's basically reason I contacted them again
No email and/or canc confirmation number

I got my one day park tickets refunded! It was super easy. I called 407-W-DISNEY last Thursday morning. The gal was so nice and helpful. I told her that I wanted to refund the tickets. She said "Okay, I just have to fill out a form." I gave her my confirmation number, and she said that the money would be back on the gift card we used within 7-10 days.

(FYI - Disneyland was another story.... Horrible experience.)

Yep. Mine purchased from Disney as well - not package - that's what concerned me - assuming things are different now, but I remember a number of ppl on the boards saying they received cancellation numbers as well - that's basically reason I contacted them again
No email and/or canc confirmation number
Well, I don't have much experience calling Disney, but when I tried to book a ticketless package for our trip in March (since I had purchased the tickets separately) I had to call back 3 times to find a CM who could book it for me. So, maybe it depends who you talk to.

When I cancelled the tickets, I asked for and received a cancellation number. I did not receive an email.

I called on May 28 to request a refund for six 6-day park hopper tickets (having previously been told when I called that they could be used during the extended period, or as a credit toward a further purchase of tix, but could not be refunded). This time they said no problem, filled out a refund request and said it would take 7-10 to be refunded. Tix disappeared from MDE this morning, so hopefully the refund is underway!

I had 2-day single park tickets purchased from Disney starting 5/9/20. I requested a refund on 4/17, and spoke with a CM who completed the paperwork to request the refund. I did not receive any sort of confirmation number, though I did ask. Passes were removed from MDE in short order. A little more than 2 months later, I still haven't received the refund. I called on 5/17 and was told things were just moving slowly. I've sent an e-mail today. I'll update when I've got something further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!