Has anyone received their refund yet?

Something just clicked for me... you had a TA (Costco). You made payments to Costco, and Costco made payments to DCL. Maybe Costco took your lump sum payment and spread it out into lots of little payments so they could hold onto the cash longer and earn interest before it was due to be paid to Disney. Hence, Disney refunded the payments the same way they received them from Costco.

I made one payment in full when I paid for my cruise, but my refund came back on my cc in 8 payments charges not counting my tax/fee refund that came back earlier In one payment.

I made one payment in full when I paid for my cruise, but my refund came back on my cc in 8 payments charges not counting my tax/fee refund that came back earlier In one payment.
Well then who knows. For us, we paid Disney directly, and the credits that came back matched the payments we made, so I wondered if it might be the TA at issue. Sounds like maybe they are just having glitchy accounting processing.

Something just clicked for me... you had a TA (Costco). You made payments to Costco, and Costco made payments to DCL. Maybe Costco took your lump sum payment and spread it out into lots of little payments so they could hold onto the cash longer and earn interest before it was due to be paid to Disney. Hence, Disney refunded the payments the same way they received them from Costco.

At least according to my credit card statements, DCL was paid directly by my credit card. I assume they then give a kickback to Costco.

TA cancelled our June 6 cruise 8 days ago.
We had 3 cabins booked, so 3 reservations.
CC has received back 6 transactions.....I assume port fees and taxes for the 3 rooms

We canceled our May 11 TA cruise on 4/24 and yet to see refund on our CC.

Update to my situation:

(To recap, Disney cancelled our 4/6 Magic cruise, we elected the refund with Costco on 3/19, most of the refund arrived 4/3 and 4/4 in a ton of bizarre amounts, still missing around $250.)

Finally got through to Costco today after waiting on hold for over an hour (estimated hold time was 30-45 minutes) and the agent agreed it was weird we were still waiting for some of our refund. She called Disney and got through relatively quickly. Disney pulled up our account and showed an amount owed to us that was to the penny the amount we thought we were owed, so that was a relief. They didn't have a good explanation why it hadn't been paid, but assured us it would be in the next 30 days and hopefully a lot sooner. We shall see.

Refund shows on my CC now......12 transactions :rolleyes: But all back.
CC is issuing a check so I can put it back in savings until we rebook

I got refunded all but $255 too. I called Costco today since they are my travel agent. She said that might be a fee that was already paid to a third party for maybe port fees and Disney is waiting on a refund of those fees before they can be refunded to the customer. She said give it 60 days and if it doesn’t show up call again. I can be patient for the $255 dollar for 60 days... if it was for my $10k cruise cost I’d be less patient.

I just wanted to update everyone I got my final $255 balance refunded yesterday from DCL. So it took almost another 60 days to get the full balance refunded.

thanks, i’ll check mine tonight! Our original refund was 4/3 so also 60 days ago! So frustrating.
I hope yours has arrived too! I suspect it was port fees paid in advance by Disney that they were waiting to be refunded to them, which is why it took so long.

DCL took about 3 weeks for all of it to come back. I wasn't worried. Can you believe I STILL have not received my HAL cruise refund?! It's been almost 3 mos since I cancelled on 3/8. I do have a pending chargeback on my CC. Funny how "5-10 days" has turned into almost 90!

We canceled our May 11 TA cruise on 4/24 and yet to see refund on our CC. We received our full refund, including the cost of Disney's travel ins. in May on our credit card. We also got refund from Norwegian for our flight back from Barcelona, but we're still waiting for Delta to pony up for our refund for our flight from Madison, WI to Miami.

Just a remider that DCL is pretty much leading the pack in getting refunds out. Been over 90 days and not one dime from MSC yet (and I am hardly alone).

Just a remider that DCL is pretty much leading the pack in getting refunds out. Been over 90 days and not one dime from MSC yet (and I am hardly alone).

Why do you think hotels and resorts (including Disney) are so much faster? My canceled WDW resort deposits came in a matter of a few days.

I canceled my 2 cruises for September the evening of June 10th and my deposits for 3 cabins hit my credit cards on June 14th. I thought that was really fast considering dcl said it could take 30 days.

I canceled my 2 cruises for September the evening of June 10th and my deposits for 3 cabins hit my credit cards on June 14th. I thought that was really fast considering dcl said it could take 30 days.

It does seem for some reason that deposits are coming back much more quickly than full cruise amounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts