Has anyone received their refund yet?

How did you know it was the taxes and fees? We have so far received 6 refunds and they still don't add up to the total paid - about $250 short still. Why so many transactions? I only paid twice.
I got refunded all but $255 too. I called Costco today since they are my travel agent. She said that might be a fee that was already paid to a third party for maybe port fees and Disney is waiting on a refund of those fees before they can be refunded to the customer. She said give it 60 days and if it doesn’t show up call again. I can be patient for the $255 dollar for 60 days... if it was for my $10k cruise cost I’d be less patient.

We have received the complete refund for our Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. Five payments total. The first one was for the port fees, etc. plus prepaid gratuities. When that refund arrived yesterday, I had to track down the amount of a refund we had received back in December due to a reduction in the port fees before I could reconcile the amount and figure out how much we were stilled owed. Today, we got four more refunds posted to the credit card. One corresponded to the cruise fare for one passenger. Then three more that totaled to that same amount for the second passenger, so everything has arrived. I suspect it gets more complicated if there are additional passengers in the stateroom. Eight days since I requested the refund after the cancellation email.
Thanks. I’ve been looking at all my prior info but so far I seem to be missing about $500. And I’m the only person! 487991

I got refunded all but $255 too. I called Costco today since they are my travel agent. She said that might be a fee that was already paid to a third party for maybe port fees and Disney is waiting on a refund of those fees before they can be refunded to the customer. She said give it 60 days and if it doesn’t show up call again. I can be patient for the $255 dollar for 60 days... if it was for my $10k cruise cost I’d be less patient.

Thanks for sharing - my husband wanst me to call them but maybe I'll delay based upon your info. If I call DCL, would they be able to tell my why the amount is missing, even though the refund has to go through Costco? My husband is annoyed.

I‘m getting refunds on the two Hawaii cruises and can now see 13 separate credits pending on my cc...and they don’t add up to the total...yet.
the only ones I can actually identify/match up are the two Dcl transfer payments. What a mess!

Yeah, its nuts how they are processing these refunds. Really annoying.

Thanks for sharing - my husband wanst me to call them but maybe I'll delay based upon your info. If I call DCL, would they be able to tell my why the amount is missing, even though the refund has to go through Costco? My husband is annoyed.
Nope DCL won’t help I called them first and the agent said since the reservation is with Costco even though it’s now cancelled that Costco has to be the one to contact them.

Nope DCL won’t help I called them first and the agent said since the reservation is with Costco even though it’s now cancelled that Costco has to be the one to contact them.

I know they can't help, but maybe they can identify what is missing? It makes no sense that the people who are not paid in full received their deposit back in one whole amount in one transaction and we are getting all these little confusing transactions. I feel like they want to short us and are just hoping we don't notice?

I know they can't help, but maybe they can identify what is missing? It makes no sense that the people who are not paid in full received their deposit back in one whole amount in one transaction and we are getting all these little confusing transactions. I feel like they want to short us and are just hoping we don't notice?
I think because it was cancelled so close to our sail date that they probably did have to pay certain fees in advance on their end. DCL would not answer any questions related to refunds or the different amounts without Costco on the line.

We got our refund of the deposit for our DCL New Years Cruise, about 3 days after I officially cancelled.

Still waiting on the darn HAL cruise. Six weeks since I cancelled that.

I think it's going to be a slow road to a refund for anything under the Carnival Corp umbrella. I was booked on a transatlantic crossing on Seabourn which was cancelled and I am waiting for a refund. My TA said that the cruise line indicated it could take up to 12 wks. Which is ridiculous but it is what it is.

We got our refund of the deposit for our DCL New Years Cruise, about 3 days after I officially cancelled.

Wow that is crazy. Did you call them back? I hope you have something in writing.

Our 4/30 cruise was canceled last week. We requested a refund on Friday and got all but about $250 of it today. I’m assuming that’s the placeholder we put down. Is that coming separately for everyone else?

Our 4/30 cruise was canceled last week. We requested a refund on Friday and got all but about $250 of it today. I’m assuming that’s the placeholder we put down. Is that coming separately for everyone else?
How did you pay for your placeholder? I thought I was missing a chunk of my cruise fare but it was actually on a different method of payment that i had totally forgotten I'd used (a gift card). If you used one credit card for your placeholder for example, and a different one for the rest of your payments, they would refund those amounts separately back to the respective original forms of payment.

How did you pay for your placeholder? I thought I was missing a chunk of my cruise fare but it was actually on a different method of payment that i had totally forgotten I'd used (a gift card). If you used one credit card for your placeholder for example, and a different one for the rest of your payments, they would refund those amounts separately back to the respective original forms of payment.

Same account as the other payments but a card that has expired. They said on the phone the refund should come to the new card

Wow that is crazy. Did you call them back? I hope you have something in writing.
It was the third time I called that they then changed their tune to 60 days. I do have the original email stating how much I should be getting refunded. I don't mind it taking a while, although I really don't believe it takes that long based on refunds from other large companies (DCL, Delta, Hilton, Marriott, Viator, etc), rather I'm just worried I'll never see that money.

I think it's going to be a slow road to a refund for anything under the Carnival Corp umbrella. I was booked on a transatlantic crossing on Seabourn which was cancelled and I am waiting for a refund. My TA said that the cruise line indicated it could take up to 12 wks. Which is ridiculous but it is what it is.
Oh my, now 12 weeks?! Ugh!

Seems like there are several of us missing something in the $250 range - I think mine is $255ish. It can't be a coincidence. I did not book with a placeholder. I did book during the 10% deposit promotion but that was a lot more than $250.

I only paid with 2 forms of payment (2 different CC's) and have been monitoring both. Still missing $255.

Seems like there are several of us missing something in the $250 range - I think mine is $255ish. It can't be a coincidence. I did not book with a placeholder. I did book during the 10% deposit promotion but that was a lot more than $250.
Could that be port fees that have already been paid? I just got a mystery $50 from DCL that's allegedly a refund for port fees from a cruise complete 6 month ago. Maybe they are awaiting a refund from specific ports before they pass that on to you?

Could that be port fees that have already been paid? I just got a mystery $50 from DCL that's allegedly a refund for port fees from a cruise complete 6 month ago. Maybe they are awaiting a refund from specific ports before they pass that on to you?

Perhaps. Although I am owed the refund whether they get their port fees refunded or not. Seems like a lot of extra effort on their part to make so many extra transactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!