Has anyone received their refund yet?

We got a refund on our Disney Visa card for $553.84 for taxes, port fees etc. on 4/14, but I haven't canceled our 5/11 TA cruise yet. I plan to decide soon whether to rebook a different cruise (Disney is offering $1100 bonus to do so) or to cancel. Norwegian Air canceled my return flight from Barcelona, and I then canceled the flight. I asked for a refund on 4/10, and I've yet to hear back from them. Our Delta flight from Madison, WI to Miami was changed (timing), but not canceled. I may just take the credits with Delta to have available for two years unless they cancel my flight before 4/10.
If Delta changed a flight by more than 90 minutes yo may call and request a cash refund. Did it last Wednesday, already refunded by the weekend. Request a call back rather than waiting on hold. Pretty easy.

If Delta changed a flight by more than 90 minutes yo may call and request a cash refund. Did it last Wednesday, already refunded by the weekend. Request a call back rather than waiting on hold. Pretty easy.

Thanks! I called and got call back but was still put on-hold for about 30 minutes. I got refund, but since I paid in miles and cash they said it would take up to 30 business days to process.

Thanks! I called and got call back but was still put on-hold for about 30 minutes. I got refund, but since I paid in miles and cash they said it would take up to 30 business days to process.
I dont do miles so I have no idea how that complicates things but FWIW I was told 3 weeks for the cash refund that came in about 3 days. So maybe you will get the cash portion sooner. :)

The remainder of my refund showed up on my credit card today (in 5 random amounts). It was dated 4/20 but didn't appear as a credit until today (4/23). I cancelled on 4/6, so that is just over two weeks to be refunded in full (I had previously received the refund for the taxes and fees).

I called Costco last Monday 4/13 and cancelled 3 cruises on the dream for September. The refund posted last night, so took exactly one week. I paid 3 amounts to costco for 2 of the cruises and got back those same amounts as refunds - no weird refund amounts or multiple refunds for us. I am only missing $250 from the placeholder on one of the cruises, but it was charged to a different card.

Just got the last $250 refunded last night. Took about 9 days total for the refund of the 3 cancelled cruises for September to hit the credit cards used.

Still missing about $250. My initial refunds came April 3 and 4th, so it’s been over 3 weeks. I guess I am calling Costco. Ugh, I was really hoping Disney would do the right thing. I initially cancelled/requested the refund on 3/20.

I booked thru Costco (for a cancelled May 9 cruise) and I'm up to 9 refund transactions... I'm still missing $1295 that I pre-paid for a shore excursion (using shoreside concierge). Costco Travel says they cannot see the refund and DCL won't talk to me directly.

I don't see why this is so hard... I paid 3 transactions to DCL (deposit, the balance remaining, and the pre-paid excursion), why issue 9 different (random) refund amounts?

My refund came in 17 different transactions that all added up to the correct amount. I had used a placeholder to initially book, then had to make an additional payment for the deposit once I chose a sailing, and then made 1 final payment. So, I didn’t make a ton of individual payments. We did have 2 rooms which may have doubled the amount of transactions, but 17? Doesn’t seem very efficient.

My refund came in 17 different transactions that all added up to the correct amount. I had used a placeholder to initially book, then had to make an additional payment for the deposit once I chose a sailing, and then made 1 final payment. So, I didn’t make a ton of individual payments. We did have 2 rooms which may have doubled the amount of transactions, but 17? Doesn’t seem very efficient.

I'm giving them a little bit of grace because I know this must be a messed up time for the people trying to get all these refunds processed. It may be they did some refunds per person ( that's what I'm seeing on my airline refunds). It's just going to be messy for a while.

I can get past the number of refunds. But my initial refunds came on April 3 and 4th. Nothing since then but I’m still owed money. It makes me feel like they are not planning to pay the rest? My DH really wants me to call Costco but reading on here that sounds pointless to me. If they “can’t help” and DCL “cant help” am I just supposed to eat the loss? What?

I can get past the number of refunds. But my initial refunds came on April 3 and 4th. Nothing since then but I’m still owed money. It makes me feel like they are not planning to pay the rest? My DH really wants me to call Costco but reading on here that sounds pointless to me. If they “can’t help” and DCL “cant help” am I just supposed to eat the loss? What?
I would call--that's been almost a month, and our refunds came in 10 days. It is definitely possible there is some portion that went missing either on DCL's end or Costco's end.

Three more cruises on the Magic cancelled today, the Med-Greek Islands itineraries from Rome (Civitavecchia). We were booked on the last of these, scheduled to sail on July 1st. Just requested a refund, so I will start tracking these as they post to our credit card. Cast member said it could take up to 30 days now due to the high volume of refunds being processed.

Three more cruises on the Magic cancelled today, the Med-Greek Islands itineraries from Rome (Civitavecchia). We were booked on the last of these, scheduled to sail on July 1st. Just requested a refund, so I will start tracking these as they post to our credit card. Cast member said it could take up to 30 days now due to the high volume of refunds being processed.
@Ralph&Pam , same here. We will let you know when we see ours come through...

I cancelled six weeks ago (Costco) for an April cruise and was told 3-4 weeks. Nothing back yet other than port fees! Called back today and was told it would be 60 days and that I had been misinformed! Frustrating to see others get money back sooner when they still have $8000+.

WOOOHOOO. While we had cancelled our NCL cruise 2 days before PIF last month, many conversations with AA led me to believe I may not get a refund but voucher. So I waited. Just called and Voila! They are refunding the amount in it’s entirety! I’m SOOO relieved!! That was the last item I was stressing over as that was over 4K in flights. Whew! We’ve recouped all our money from what was going to med cruise. I’m sooo relieved right now. A huge burden has been lifted.

I cancelled six weeks ago (Costco) for an April cruise and was told 3-4 weeks. Nothing back yet other than port fees! Called back today and was told it would be 60 days and that I had been misinformed! Frustrating to see others get money back sooner when they still have $8000+.

So frustrating. I’m not sure if we will cruise again but if we do I know we will not be going through Costco (or likely any travel agent.) I want to be able to speak to DCL myself.

ETA: just called Costco and the estimated hold time is an hour, with no option for a callback. I hung up.

Last edited:
We have received some refunds:

Our New Years DCL cruise, just had the deposit paid, cancelled it, received the refund within a week or so.

Our DCL June Alaska cruise - still haven't received any of the refunds.

Our HAL March spring break cruise - cancelled 3/8 (they allowed cancellations 3/6) and still nothing. I've complained about it before on this board. They first said 5-10 days, then I called at the end of first round of 10 days and they said another 5-10 days, then I called AGAIN (now 20 days) and they said 60. So I have 10 days left till I make my fourth and final call. If they give me BS about it taking even longer I'm going to tell them I'll start with a CC charge back or we might seek out other forms of action. It's beyond frustrating that they didn't deliver the service yet are holding onto our $. I have an email with the "promised" refund and "future cruise credit". It's too bad, I really like some of their itineraries but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth to ever cruise with them.

Argh, it is beyond frustrating! I calculated I'm due over $12,000 from various places, including about $1800 from HAL and $9000 from DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!