Has anyone stayed at Buena Vista Suites?

DiaryofaDisneyKid

DIS Veteran
I need to book 1 night before our resort stay this November and was thinking about Buena Vista Suites. It fits our family of 5 and has a free breakfast buffet (the kids request). Has anyone here stayed there before and what did you think.:)

I think it's great for a one night stay.

The rooms are well laid out, like Embassy Suites. Breakfast nothing special but fine.

If you were staying longer and wanted any hotel perks, I'd say no. The pool is very small, it's on busy roads and nothing walkable.

If you aren't using a special deal, check Mousesavers to see if they have one.

I think it's great for a one night stay.

The rooms are well laid out, like Embassy Suites. Breakfast nothing special but fine.

If you were staying longer and wanted any hotel perks, I'd say no. The pool is very small, it's on busy roads and nothing walkable.

If you aren't using a special deal, check Mousesavers to see if they have one.
Thanks so much! I was going to use the CAA/AAA code and we can get a room for $96. If you know of any other rooms that fit 5 and offer free breakfast close to WDW for a one night stay, I would love any suggestions!

What is your date?
We wanted to stay the night before we check in November 8. We also check out on the 17 but have decided to do the Christmas party that night so now need a room for the 17th as well. We are driving from Canada so we will have our car with us.

We wanted to stay the night before we check in November 8. We also check out on the 17 but have decided to do the Christmas party that night so now need a room for the 17th as well. We are driving from Canada so we will have our car with us.

Check these out, much nicer hotels overall. Suites are more the oversized room but bedding is the same.

Marriott Flamingo Crossings, not far behind CSR, very easy to get on property, fairly new hotels, breakfast, same bedding as LBVS, kids will like it. Two resorts share pool and some amenities. Rate in your range and no resort fee like LBVS.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lando-at-flamingo-crossings-western-entrance/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lando-at-flamingo-crossings-western-entrance/

Check these out, much nicer hotels overall. Suites are more the oversized room but bedding is the same.

Marriott Flamingo Crossings, not far behind CSR, very easy to get on property, fairly new hotels, breakfast, same bedding as LBVS, kids will like it. Two resorts share pool and some amenities. Rate in your range and no resort fee like LBVS.

Thanks so much I will definitely look into these! It's hard to pick a room over the internet because all resorts look nice in pictures, LOL. I appreciate the advice from someone who knows first hand what they are actually like!:)

Caribe Royale is right next door to Buena Vista Suites. But they don't include b'fast. I believe the room layouts are the same. We've stayed at CR and liked it a lot.

I would agree with the PP that the Marriott Flamingo crossings hotels are better and in a better location. I would stay in any of them, but I would pick the Flamingo properties first.

My family stayed at Buena Vista Suites in the late 1990s just after Animal Kingdom opened. My memories of it are that the breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had. The selection was enormous, and all of the food in it was very good. They also had good bus service to the parks, and the driver would tell you lots of interesting facts about the resort and the nighttime entertainment being offered.

If anyone has been there recently, can you tell me if it is still mostly as I described? What was your experience like?

For one night for five, I'd price out the Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr. They offer a 2 bedroom (3 beds)/2 bath, living room & full kitchen with a free breakfast hot buffet.
They are starting parking fees but won't be charging them for Nov. No resort fees. And you can earn IHG points for your stay.

Giordano's Chicago pizza is next door too for dinner, although the hotel offers free dinner 3 nights/wk.

Free dinner??? Details please.

Sure, but you'll for sure want to call the hotel to confirm current programs & offers. But, when we were there it was offered Mon-Wed. Was set up in the AYCTE buffet area (where breakfast buffet is set up in the morning). I think it was from 5-7 (we could usually eat @5 then head back to park for evening). They serve things like hamburgers or baked potato bar or grilled chicken salad with soup. They have a menu posted in the room what will be served what night so you can plan ahead. They also had complimentary beer, wine, and soda machines. Did help stretch the food budget as we usually stay 7-10 nights.

Sure, but you'll for sure want to call the hotel to confirm current programs & offers. But, when we were there it was offered Mon-Wed. Was set up in the AYCTE buffet area (where breakfast buffet is set up in the morning). I think it was from 5-7 (we could usually eat @5 then head back to park for evening). They serve things like hamburgers or baked potato bar or grilled chicken salad with soup. They have a menu posted in the room what will be served what night so you can plan ahead. They also had complimentary beer, wine, and soda machines. Did help stretch the food budget as we usually stay 7-10 nights.
Thanks for the details, that’s could work out well with a big group/family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts