Has anyone stayed at Runaway Bay?

mar3990

<font color=FF99FF>Loves Disney World and softball
After reading the great comments on Calypso Cay I called there and the reservationist suggested a two bedroom two bath condo since I have six people. The condos are next to Amerisuites and the Country Inn. Their website is still down and she said they have no brochures. I went ahead and booked anyway because of the great deal being offered but would like input if anyone has stayed there. Specifically would like to know if it is very far to go to a hotel for the breakfast(she said the condos eat free also) and about the pools and mini-golf. Since I have not seen the pictures of the pool I am hoping it has some squirty things like HIFS because my DS loves it there. Also is there a game room at the condos or only in hotels? For anyone interested, in August I was offered $75.00 per nite for the condo and $59.00 for a suite that sleeps six at Amerisuites and NO time share presentation is involved. There is no maid service at condos. She said they will ask you if you would like to tour for an incentive gift like cash or tickets but you do not have to. I was going to book VV but for the $60.00 per night savings I hope I made the right decision. It is pre pay but they have a no fee 72 hour cancellation policy and mail you your confirmation info.

Our family of four just returned on March 14 from spending 9 nights at Runaway Bay. We had a one-bedroom condo which included a full kitchen, a sleeper sofa in the living room and a full sized washer and dryer. The room was basic but comfortable. We had only one TV so we missed having one in the bedroom. We walked over to the Country Inn for breakfast every morning - less than a five minute walk. We ate one morning at the Amerisuites but much preferred the CI's setup. The hotel's mini golf and pool were both up and running. Our 2 1/2 and 5 year olds LOVED the pool (especially the water slide). There was also a nice playground for them to enjoy. We would recommed this resort for the price.

Thanks so much for this post, I've been so curious about it! By basic did you mean "plain"? I was hoping that because it's new it would be attractive even if it wasn't fancy. If you have time could you elaborate for us. I hate to ask you but you're the only one whos actually been there!!!!!!!! Great tip about the breakfast, did they give you a voucher or something to show you were entitled to it or did you just show a room key? Anything else at all you can think of to share would be soooooooooooo appreciated. :D

Hi again! The condo we stayed in was new and clean but very plain - all painted white, one phone, one TV, kitchen seating for 4, a couch and loveseat in the living room and a bed, nightstand with lamp and dresser in the bedroom. The bathtub with shower was a nice big size. We were on the second floor and the stairs were outside. The outside of the buildings were done in bright colors. When we made our reservations we were told that breakfast was included - I later called to confirm some details and at that time we were told that if you stay in the apartments breakfast wasn't included but that we could go since we had been told it was. When we checked in we were told the same thing, but again that we could go for breakfast since we had been told we could. We just walked into the breakfast room at the hotel each morning - nobody ever asked for any ID or anything. The one problem we had was on our first night - we had reserved a one bedroom with a pull-out couch. That night at about 7 pm we discovered that the couch did not pull out. We put the kids to sleep on the floor that night and got moved to another room early the next morning. Not a big deal but a little annoying since we had planned to hit MK early that day. The grounds of the resort were very nice. The kids loved the pool, playground and mini golf. Hope the info was helpful and hope you have a good trip!

Does anybody know what time breakfast begins at the hotel and where you go to catch the park shuttles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter