Has anyone stayed here !!!

drennan

Disney Nutter - Looking for FUN !!!! Life is what
Hello everyone,

We go to Florida in October and have a villa in Southern Dunes, can anyone tell me if they have stayed there before? Whats it like? How far away from the main attractions? How long did it take to get there?

This will be our 4th trip, our 1st trip was our honeymoon when we stayed on Curry Ford Road, which was quite a drag getting to the parks etc. and quite expensive when you add all the tolls up.

So can anyone help me ? I'm hoping its not as far as Curry Ford Road which is not that far from Church Street Station.

Does anyone now if Southern Dunes is actually in Haines City or is it on the outskirts. Any information would be appreciated.

TTFN

Hi Sharon,

We haven't stayed there, but it's on the US27 south of US192 and slightly north of Haines City. I'd guess it's about 20-25 minutes from WDW and about 40 minutes from Orlando International Airport.

I assume you know it's a gated community on a golf course - ? It sounds as though there are plenty of facilities - Walmart, Winn Dixie, KFC and Burger King all within walking distance.

Hi Debbie

We are the other family going with (Drennan). I just wondered where you were staying as I have seen that you are going on the same day as us and for 3 wks - is that right or have I misread it somewhere. (Oh hi Drennan sorry didn't mean to ignore u lol)

ttfn

Hi Paula,

We'll be staying at Formosa Gardens which is on west US192 near Splendid China. Yes we're going for 3 weeks - are you? Who are you flying with and from where?

Hi Debbie

Yes we are going for 3 weeks from 12 Oct - 2 Nov. We are flying from Gatwick with Delta Airlines. We were a group of 12 going but it dwindled down to 7 (the other family being Drennan's) so I had trouble trying to get a direct flight for us all - either that or they were too expensive. We are flying via Atlanta both ways. I can't wait as this is my family's 1st Florida trip and we have planned just about everything we can think of (with a few rest days in between of course!) Sharon and her family have been a few times before so they have given us some pointers which helps a lot. Where are you flying from and with who?

ttfn

We're flying from Gatwick too, but with Virgin. Looking at our counters, I'd say we'll be relaxing in the jacuzzi whilst you're just about touching down! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter