Has anyone stayed in Studio 1st night and then switched to 1BR?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We haven't even passed ROFR yet, but I am already planning our 1st trip!! :goodvibes

We will be arriving at the airport late Friday night, so we plan to get an inexpensive airport hotel room that night. Then we will arrive at OKW on Saturday morning. Although we would like to stay in a 1BR, looking at how many points it is Saturday night, we are thinking of booking a studio for Saturday night and then moving to a 1BR for the next few nights. It's just me, DH and DS, who will be 7.

Is this something that DVC will let you do? I know that I read Disney will move your luggage from one resort to another, so I am thinking that they would move us from one room to another at the same resort. Also will they transfer things in the refrigerator?

Thanks in advance!

Yup! We do this most times but only if we can't get a good deal on a value resort for the Friday/Saturday night stay. :sunny:

Yes. We've done this before and are doing this in a couple weeks. Both times we've done this we flew to MCO instead of driving in. Usually I book Sun. - Thurs. in a 1BR or 2BR and then move to a studio or take a weekend trip for Fri./Sat. then come back to a 1 BR. When I switched our plans to fly this time instead of driving, I added the 1 night in a BWV studio (originally 1 night at All-Star). The flights are cheaper on Sat., so it makes it worth it to go ahead and arrive a day early, but I just don't have the points to stay in a 1BR on a Sat. night.

I'm not sure how it works at OKW, but at BWV, our luggage was held at bell services along with the refrigerated items and then delivered later to the new room. We've also just held off on grocery shopping until we get into the 1BR to make it easier.

1 night near the airport, move, 1 night in a studio, move and finish the trip in a 1 bedroom. Too much moving for me - especially with a younger child. If it were me and I wanted to save the points, I'd book one of the values for the Friday and Saturday nights (for cash) and only move once. Or I'd stay off site those nights and maybe do Sea World or Universal on Saturday. My nephews (5 and 9) both loved Seas World. I won't go again unless they are along.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter