Has anyone tried to ....

MickeyMcMouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Has anyone tried to .... go to wdw for a long weekend.

I've been poaching about on internet and reckon if I can get a resonable flight, I could fly out on Thurs morning, have all day Fri, Sat, Sun and fly back Mon night arriving Tues morning back to work Wed for £700 or £800 - about the same as a long weekend to DLP. !!

Don't know if it would be a nice "chill out" or if the time difference would kill me ?

4 days in the sun is pretty tempting tho :D

David:)

Until I actually did it for myself, I'd always viewed a stay as short as a <b>week</b> at WDW a crazy idea :crazy:

Then circumstances dictated that it would have to be a week or not at all one year, so we did it, and had absolutely no regrets whatsoever (apart from the usual gripe of not being able to do <b>everything</b>, but that applies even when we have two weeks there ;)).

So I'd be tempted to try a long weekend there - but make time for some recovery when you get back!

Hi

I have to agree with Hilary here :)

I didnt think a week in WDW would be worth it, but after doing it in Dec I would do it again.
It was great....:D

The shortest we've been for in the past is 9 or 10 nights. Thought we could do with a little break so priced DisneyLand Paris ......... dear me, then thought for the money we could get to wdw. So it looks like it'll be a few hours on the computer tonight ...;)

Got mid sized car for £130 full inclusive insurance, and off site hotel (or maybe allstars) shouldn't be a problem max £200 for 4 nights so just the flights...

Will keep you up to date.

David:)

:wave: Hi David

There was a very interesting piece in the travel supplement of this Sunday's Mail on Sunday.

They visited Orlando for four days - including travelling days. They went to ALL the Disney parks (not the water ones, though) and Universal. Cirque on the evening of landing and went straight to the airport from one of the parks (can't remember which).

Good luck - no matter how long I'm sure you'll think it'll be worth it:)

Annie - I read that article too, made interesting reading, I think the one thing they missed off was the fact that you can't just walk onto all the rides like they suggested. ie. Spend the morning in MK, watch the parade then go over to Epcot and ride Test Track!!! (don't think it usually works like that!!).

David - I don't think I'd ever suggest doing WDW for a long weekend to someone who'd never been before but if you know what you want to do and where it is and know your way around I think it's a great idea, however, like Hilary suggests - give yourself some recovery time afterwards!!

Have fun and keep us posted!! :)

David

I would certainly consider this. I've known people before go out there for conferences and be there from the Weds to the Sunday so it is certainly doable (Spelling?). I say go for ti sounds like a fair price. You didn't say when you were thinking about it - as that may have an effect on how much time you spend queing.

We usually go just for a week, limited by school hols as I am a lecturer.
We are going in Oct and it will cost us about £650 each.
To be honest 7 nights is as cheap as 4, so I'd do the week.
Till I did it I also thought 7 nights would be too brief, but it makes a lovely break and allows you to cherry pick if you have been before. Best not for a first trip!
Also, we get to go twice a year!!

Well, I've done 8 nights and it was no probs whatsoever! I'll let you know about less as in May I fly out Thursday and fly back on Tuesday (and yes, I plan to get off the plane, go home, shower, and go straight to work - why not? I always make myself stay awake anyhow :) )

I think if you can get a cheap flight, cheap room or have DVC, and preferably have an AP, then I saw go for it! :) People go for 3 or 4 nights shopping trips to NY all the time, it's only about 2 hours further....

Penny :)

Thanks for the replys, we were ther in Jan for a couple of weeks and are going again end of July for 10 days so this was just in place of a weekend at DLP, which is just getting more and more expensive by the year.

Penny, we do have AP and DVC so the cost across there will be minimal. Did all the shopping in Jan ... first time we had to buy an extra case;) It was more how the body will react to the flight, time difference and "stress" over a short period. It'll be intresting to here how you get on as thats just about exactly what we plan to do.

Just wanted a little bit of Florida sunshine and a Caseys Hot Dog:D

Will keep you up to date with developments

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter