Has anyone used inflatable bed rails?

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
So...I'm looking to book a trip when the 2018 rates come out. Our trip won't be until October 2018, but I want to book as soon as I can so that I know I will have exactly what I want.

My son will be just shy of 3 when we go (like 2 weeks shy). Has anyone used inflatable bedrails for a kid that age? That's what I am considering doing. We could get a room anywhere if we do that (we are considering AKL). My other idea was to get an inflatable toddler bed. If we do that, I'd probably do an AOA suite just to have more space.

We stayed at WL last trip and it was a little tight with the crib. Doable for sure, but we didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Any thoughts? Just one note - any deluxe other than WL and AKL is out of our budget unless we get a discount.

Pool noodles between the sheets and mattress work, too!

When my daughter was shy of 3 when we went to Disneyland. One of us slept in bed with her and lined pillows on the other side. There are also local places you can rent bedrails from so you don't have to mess with the inflatables ... just a thought!

So...I'm looking to book a trip when the 2018 rates come out. Our trip won't be until October 2018, but I want to book as soon as I can so that I know I will have exactly what I want.

My son will be just shy of 3 when we go (like 2 weeks shy). Has anyone used inflatable bedrails for a kid that age? That's what I am considering doing. We could get a room anywhere if we do that (we are considering AKL). My other idea was to get an inflatable toddler bed. If we do that, I'd probably do an AOA suite just to have more space.

We stayed at WL last trip and it was a little tight with the crib. Doable for sure, but we didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Any thoughts? Just one note - any deluxe other than WL and AKL is out of our budget unless we get a discount.
Just wondering why you couldn't use regular bed rails? When my kids were little we just requested them from the hotel because they were bed sleepers from just under 2 years old. My kids are much older now so I don't know anything about inflatable ones.

I've used them with my three year old. Worked well for us, easy to inflate and small to travel with on the plane.

Just wondering why you couldn't use regular bed rails? When my kids were little we just requested them from the hotel because they were bed sleepers from just under 2 years old. My kids are much older now so I don't know anything about inflatable ones.

It's only a request and not guaranteed. I'm more comfortable, personally, preparing for a "known" vs. a "maybe."

Pool noodles between the sheets and mattress work, too!

When my daughter was shy of 3 when we went to Disneyland. One of us slept in bed with her and lined pillows on the other side. There are also local places you can rent bedrails from so you don't have to mess with the inflatables ... just a thought!

I've heard that about the pool noodles, but I thought the inflatables may be easier to pack.

I definitely want some kind of rail...I'm not comfortable sleeping with him in the same bed. We've never done that since he's been born.

I will check into rails. We drive, so I also have to consider hotels on the way down and back as well.

We have used the inflatable bed rails at home. We had one kiddo that liked falling out of bed nightly even when she was older, so we bought some of the inflatable ones to put on her bed at home. They work fine. If you travel with them they can deflate and roll up into a pretty small space.

Deluxe resorts do have bed rails. Just call front desk. Another suggestion is packing foam water tubes. They fit nice around the edge of a suitcase and you can put them under the fitted sheet to keep him in place.

Deluxe resorts do have bed rails. Just call front desk. Another suggestion is packing foam water tubes. They fit nice around the edge of a suitcase and you can put them under the fitted sheet to keep him in place.
We've also been able to get bed rails at Moderate resorts over the years. Never had a problem
gettong them.

had a grandson who did not like the bed rails and would kick the out as they are just placed between mattress and bed. they are not attached to bed.

We buy inflatable pool noodles. They come in a 6-pack with 3 straight and 3 curvy ones. We use two on the bed and take our others to the pool! They work great as bedrails, and we travel a TON with our 4 year old twins!

Housekeeping will provide bedrails upon request.

We used inflatable bedrail at Akl on first night as it took housekeeping ages to arrive.
We think they are great to travel with and have as a back up.

I didn't think they were guaranteed though.

They definitely aren't a guarantee - we requested them and they didn't have any for us so the housekeeper came and shoved the wall against the bed instead. You're smart to bring a guaranteed item IMO ;)

We used toddler air beds many times once we were past the PNP phase. Once we stopped using the airbeds (or when we didn't bring them) we rolled up pillows and put them between the mattress and fitted sheet, just like a thick bed rail.

These are great ideas. OP - we have used the inflatable toddler bed for our ODD when she was just under 3 also, and when it wasn't in use, we'd just stand it on edge somewhere out of the way. But now I'm interested in the bed rails too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!