Has Pizza Press Gone Downhill?

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
...or did I just catch them on an off day? We made a point to eat there on our recent trip, as we usually love it, but this time it was disappointing. All 3 pizzas we ordered were soggy and undercooked, the toppings were scarce and all on one side. The whole experience made me wish we had just tried Napolini in DTD. Is this the new norm, or just a new employee/off day?

Hope its not the norm, this is my daughters favourite place to eat in the whole world!!! Would love to hear of some recent reviews!!!

We weren’t impressed in November when we went. Thought maybe we didn’t understand the “style”.

I am sorry but what is Pizza Press? I do not recall ever seeing it at DLR.

:wizard:

Pizza Press is, in my opinion, among the worst of these make your own pizza style places, down at the bottom of the list near Pieology. I don't understand the love for this place at all. I live locally and we have a few that are far better than this place: Pizza 900, Mod Pizza, even Blaze.

The best of the best, though, is NAPOLI by long shot! This is my new go to for build your own pizza. It's outstanding...same high quality as Naples next door for a fraction of the cost.

I’ve never been there myself. But wow. It sounds likely Disney can’t get pizza right. I’ve never heard anything good about Pizza Port/Planet.

Whoa, I didn't know the refurb at Napolini included make your own. Just checked it out. Sweet, thanks!

Never been to Pizza Press, but MOD is our local chain. During peak rush, weekends, etc... it's absolutely frantic pizza making. The oven is turned up 30-50 degrees to get pizzas through faster, toppings on one side, and yes soggy undercooked crust-- due to veggies not allowed to "drain" before placing and oven turned up/rushed.

So maybe that translates to what you saw? Unless it was not that busy.

Pizza Press is, in my opinion, among the worst of these make your own pizza style places, down at the bottom of the list near Pieology. I don't understand the love for this place at all. I live locally and we have a few that are far better than this place: Pizza 900, Mod Pizza, even Blaze.

The best of the best, though, is NAPOLI by long shot! This is my new go to for build your own pizza. It's outstanding...same high quality as Naples next door for a fraction of the cost.
I had Napoli last time I was not impressed at all. Pizza press was much better. Though mod pizza is better than both. Haven’t had either of the others.

We eat pizza press every trip and never have a problem. Though it’s not the second coming of pizza or anything.

I’ve never been there myself. But wow. It sounds likely Disney can’t get pizza right. I’ve never heard anything good about Pizza Port/Planet.

My kids favorite place is Pizza Port/Planet. I admit, when the pizza is fresh out of the oven (which it usually is), it's very good. The buffalo chicken pizza they have now is great, as was the cheeseburger pizza they had last year.

I had Napoli last time I was not impressed at all. Pizza press was much better. Though mod pizza is better than both. Haven’t had either of the others.

We eat pizza press every trip and never have a problem. Though it’s not the second coming of pizza or anything.

Wow, really? Do you just not prefer Neapolitan style pizza? I find Mod and Pizza Press to be too crust heavy, and the sauces are bleh to me...too heavy as well. I prefer the thinner charred crust and lighter, fresher sauce/fresh mozzarella that Napolini uses. I also LOVE the char cup pepperoni at Napolini. For me, it's the best pepperoni pizza around. Their Margherita and Amalfi pizzas are also outstanding. You can't go too heavy on the toppings with this style of pizza, IMO.

Our family really enjoys the pizza at Naples. Very good. Pizza press is usually good when we go there. Far better than the pizza inside the parks.

We ate there in February and it was great - just as good as all other times including when they were at their original location further down on Harbor. Could have just been an "off" day but if it wasn't then I guess we have gotten "on" days.

All 3 pizzas we ordered were soggy and undercooked, the toppings were scarce and all on one side.

What happened when you talked to the manager about your concerns?

That’s the key, right there.

I am sorry but what is Pizza Press? I do not recall ever seeing it at DLR.

:wizard:

Dude! For years it was literally at Carousel right across the main gate area.

Now it’s at Anaheim Motel.

It’s also up in my town AND has a new location in Lake Buena Vista as well (though I did not visit when last at Disney world).

I find Mod and Pizza Press to be too crust heavy, and the sauces are bleh to me...too heavy as well.

Hmm.

You must have just got caught on an off day. We've been many times and the pizzas are always soooo good! It's become a must-do when we visit.

Its been two years since we have been there, so I can't comment on the current quality.
But for those unfamiliar with it or any of the other similar examples given, it is also like a Pie Five, if you have that in your part of the country.

We stopped in twice in early January and enjoyed great pies and great service both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter